Why Ally McCoist must step up and take a bow

Guest Andypendek

Guest Andypendek

In response to DJW's take on our manager and his future, I would like to say that, come Saturday, the man should come back on the Ibrox grass and take a deserved bow.

Not, certainly, for turning out a free flowing side which has entertained us all season with swashbuckling derring-do, nor for snapping up some astute bargains in the transfer market which ought to pay off handsomely in the future. Just as it's obvious to us how we have been playing, we all know that it is obvious to Ally as well. All the online grumping in the world isn't telling him anything he doesn't know.

But -

For providing an icon around which Bears could rally when the times were dark indeed;

For standing up for our club when the world and his dog was kicking us;

For representing our club in a manner befitting his status (and how we wish others would take the hint and follow suit!);

For presenting to the world the dignified face of managing in Glasgow, in contrast to the infantile sociopath across the city, forever lashing out at enemies real or, mostly, imagined;

And if that doesn't interest you, for all that he did while wearing the club shirt:

He deserves another round of applause. Online today I was a but surprised, I must say, to find fellow Bears calling Ally for everything and loudly declaring that they would fuck off after the whistle and take no part in any sort of celebration on the grounds that the team and manager are shite etc.

Each to their own, but for me, at the end of a really lousy season of stupidity on and off the field, in and out of Ibrox, in fact right across the game, Saturday will be one more chance - who knows, one last chance? - to say thanks again to a club legend.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He hasn't stood up for the club when "everyone and their dog was kicking us"

He's as pally with our enemies and the media than ever.

You not remember when he said he would like to know who the panel was that dished out and illegal transfer embargo? the media jumped the gun, said they were getting death threats off Rangers fans... McCoist comes out in the news and calls some of our fans lunatics etc... the next day, two of the people on the panel said there was no death threats.

What about when Hearts for the 3rd time in a year never paid their players wages, failed to pay a tax bill then he comes out and says Hearts shouldn't be punished ...

Or what about a couple of months ago after the Berwick game with the singing ... he comes out and says the fans were out of order, then admitted he didn't know what was being sung as he was too busy concentrating on the game. Getting tore into the fans off the back of his wanker pal Craig Burley.

All this from a man who said "ooo we will never forget who kicked us when we were down!" really Ally?

The rest of your post is fair enough if that's your outlook. Your entitled.

We have negative Ally threads with plenty posts in his defence, now we have a positive Ally thread that will just invite critical posts. Fans will have the same opinions until october at the earliest. What is the point of another thread when this would have been perfectly "on topic," in DJW's.

We have negative Ally threads with plenty posts in his defence, now we have a positive Ally thread that will just invite critical posts. Fans will have the same opinions until october at the earliest. What is the point of another thread when this would have been perfectly "on topic," in DJW's.

Was thinking that myself mate. But it does say "site writer" under his name, he must have felt compelled lol

No Bear should ever turn their back on Ally McCoist!

Managerial skills may be in question, but we are still on track to get back to the top. Time is a luxury we have and Ally should be given the time to improve. If he doesn't, then I'm sure he will admit defeat and do what's best for the club.

Super Ally :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Was thinking that myself mate. But it does say "site writer" under his name, he must have felt compelled lol

Just noticed that, I guess it looks good though for people looking in for there to be some positively titled threads on the first page. Am sick of negativity.

Just noticed that, I guess it looks good though for people looking in for there to be some positively titled threads on the first page. Am sick of negativity.

Aye that's fair enough. Nothing wrong with people wanting to put positive spins on things if they see fit.

I know I'm negative, but I also think I'm just a realist. Call it like I see it. Each to their own.

Of course ally deserves respect and recognition for who he is and the role he has undertaken throughout our troubles....Saturday is not a day for judgments or critisim but he must know that massive improvements are required if he is to become a success at our club as a manager!

Aye that's fair enough. Nothing wrong with people wanting to put positive spins on things if they see fit.

I know I'm negative, but I also think I'm just a realist. Call it like I see it. Each to their own.

You can still be a realist and see a glass as half full bud :thumbup:

Guest Andypendek
He hasn't stood up for the club when "everyone and their dog was kicking us" He's as pally with our enemies and the media than ever. You not remember when he said he would like to know who the panel was that dished out and illegal transfer embargo? the media jumped the gun, said they were getting death threats off Rangers fans... McCoist comes out in the news and calls some of our fans lunatics etc... the next day, two of the people on the panel said there was no death threats.

As I recall it, he made it quite clear he was not apologising for anything he said. If any Bear is asked 'do we have lunatics within our game' we would have to say yes. Hardly means he, or they, should be run out of Ibrox.

What about when Hearts for the 3rd time in a year never paid their players wages, failed to pay a tax bill then he comes out and says Hearts shouldn't be punished ...

That's what I mean by saying he represents us with dignity. You or I might hope Hearts fall into a very, very deep black hole arked 'agony' for the next couple of years to see how they like it, but the manager (or any rep) of the club should not.

Or what about a couple of months ago after the Berwick game with the singing ... he comes out and says the fans were out of order, then admitted he didn't know what was being sung as he was too busy concentrating on the game. Getting tore into the fans off the back of his wanker pal Craig Burley. All this from a man who said "ooo we will never forget who kicked us when we were down!" really Ally? The rest of your post is fair enough if that's your outlook. Your entitled.

We will never agree on that one. I back his stance 100%, you obviously don't.

I concur but i guess you've just opened another can of worms.

Well, I didn't mean to.

Because opening the home page and seeing 'Why Ally McCoist Must Step Down As Rangers Manager' really hurt me. I wanted to see something in his defence, too. edit: As I see you have posted above, was typing this reply, sorry.

He won us the league this season. Many a team under Walter that won the league was no great footballing spectacle to watch. Win the league or win the league only with scintillating football - I know which one I would choose. Anyway we were playing some good stuff through Decemeber until we lost the team's future - McLeod - to an injury.

That's fair enough Andy, I agree he has dignity. Dignity coming out his ears - but if a dignified personna is all that matters just give Ashley the Vicar fae Emmerdale the managers job or something.

Being dignified is different to the examples I gave earlier though - that was in response to you saying he's fought our corner when everyone and their dog has been kicking us. I see it differently, the opposite in fact.

I get the impression some folk just don't care about results of performances aslong as they have their hero Super Ally stood in the dug out being all cheery chappie and dignified.