Why Ally McCoist must step up and take a bow

Guest Andypendek

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ally has won the 3rd division by a mile....and as I have said lots of times before,heard the Ally Ally get to fuck in the early 80s,,how wrong those were, and will be this time

I hope he proves his critics wrong.

Opinions on individuals, styles of play, effort put in, overall performances shouldnt really come into the equation on Saturday. Some players have really disappointed me this season.....but will i applaud and cheer them whole-heartedly? Too bloody right I will.

It is a day to celebrate.

Celebrate winning the league we are in.

Celebrate seeing through the hardest year of our clubs existence.

Celebrate the fact you are in the company of 50000 like-minded Bears.....with far more wishing they were stood beside you.

Celebrate being a RANGER.

And did I mention.....I will be CELEBRATING.

See you all there on Saturday Bears and Bearettes.

In response to DJW's take on our manager and his future, I would like to say that, come Saturday, the man should come back on the Ibrox grass and take a deserved bow.

Not, certainly, for turning out a free flowing side which has entertained us all season with swashbuckling derring-do, nor for snapping up some astute bargains in the transfer market which ought to pay off handsomely in the future. Just as it's obvious to us how we have been playing, we all know that it is obvious to Ally as well. All the online grumping in the world isn't telling him anything he doesn't know.

But -

For providing an icon around which Bears could rally when the times were dark indeed;

For standing up for our club when the world and his dog was kicking us;

For representing our club in a manner befitting his status (and how we wish others would take the hint and follow suit!);

For presenting to the world the dignified face of managing in Glasgow, in contrast to the infantile sociopath across the city, forever lashing out at enemies real or, mostly, imagined;

And if that doesn't interest you, for all that he did while wearing the club shirt:

He deserves another round of applause. Online today I was a but surprised, I must say, to find fellow Bears calling Ally for everything and loudly declaring that they would fuck off after the whistle and take no part in any sort of celebration on the grounds that the team and manager are shite etc.

Each to their own, but for me, at the end of a really lousy season of stupidity on and off the field, in and out of Ibrox, in fact right across the game, Saturday will be one more chance - who knows, one last chance? - to say thanks again to a club legend.

this deserves to be pasted on the RM front page - permanently!!!!

Well said!

He's got respect though ...

Saying you don't think he should be the Rangers manager and he's got faults as a manager isn't being unfair or dis-respectful - it's being truthful.

tomaytos, tomatos, you say truthful, I say short-sighted. Sure he has his faults, and invariably will make more mistakes but he'll learn and I would wish for no one else to take us back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

We have negative Ally threads with plenty posts in his defence, now we have a positive Ally thread that will just invite critical posts. Fans will have the same opinions until october at the earliest. What is the point of another thread when this would have been perfectly "on topic," in DJW's.

if the anti ally brigade can start thread after thread - often by the same one or two posters it's a bit fking hypocritical to moan about a positive Ally thread !

tomaytos, tomatos, you say truthful, I say short-sighted. Sure he has his faults, and invariably will make more mistakes but he'll learn and I would wish for no one else to take us back to our rightful place at the top of Scottish football.

well said !

The whole thing with Ally is ambiguous, as many things in life are. Ally has done a great deal that we perhaps don't even know about, and that is brilliant. However, there are problems in how we are playing, and the budget that Rangers can afford to give him in future. There are new challenges coming his way, and he will never get an easy ride for as long as he has the job...unless he is winning and winning well.

You say short sighted

Others say blind optimism

It depends on your outlook. As I said earlier, I've no problem with the Super Ally Brigade if that's their genuine outlook, but phrases like short-sighted irk me a little mate as they are only honest enough to call it like they see it ... so far, of course

In response to DJW's take on our manager and his future, I would like to say that, come Saturday, the man should come back on the Ibrox grass and take a deserved bow.

Not, certainly, for turning out a free flowing side which has entertained us all season with swashbuckling derring-do, nor for snapping up some astute bargains in the transfer market which ought to pay off handsomely in the future. Just as it's obvious to us how we have been playing, we all know that it is obvious to Ally as well. All the online grumping in the world isn't telling him anything he doesn't know.

But -

For providing an icon around which Bears could rally when the times were dark indeed;

For standing up for our club when the world and his dog was kicking us;

For representing our club in a manner befitting his status (and how we wish others would take the hint and follow suit!);

For presenting to the world the dignified face of managing in Glasgow, in contrast to the infantile sociopath across the city, forever lashing out at enemies real or, mostly, imagined;

And if that doesn't interest you, for all that he did while wearing the club shirt:

He deserves another round of applause. Online today I was a but surprised, I must say, to find fellow Bears calling Ally for everything and loudly declaring that they would fuck off after the whistle and take no part in any sort of celebration on the grounds that the team and manager are shite etc.

Each to their own, but for me, at the end of a really lousy season of stupidity on and off the field, in and out of Ibrox, in fact right across the game, Saturday will be one more chance - who knows, one last chance? - to say thanks again to a club legend.

Great positive post. Thank you Andypendek (tu)

You say short sighted

Others say blind optimism

It depends on your outlook. As I said earlier, I've no problem with the Super Ally Brigade if that's their genuine outlook, but phrases like short-sighted irk me a little mate as they are only honest enough to call it like they see it ... so far, of course

I think short-sighted, blinkered and impatient are appropriate for those that are wanting Ally out, Certainly more appropriate than other dhirty names that have been bandied around but I apologise for causing irk . You say its about being honest and saying as you see it, but seeing what exactly, not the grand scheme of things?

I think short-sighted, blinkered and impatient are appropriate for those that are wanting Ally out, Certainly more appropriate than other dhirty names that have been bandied around but I apologise for causing irk . You say its about being honest and saying as you see it, but seeing what exactly, not the grand scheme of things?

I think it's more about what we don't see that's the problem mate.

We don't see

Good signings

Good tactics

Good football

Good coaching

Good motivating

Being able to change a game

etc

Opinions on individuals, styles of play, effort put in, overall performances shouldnt really come into the equation on Saturday. Some players have really disappointed me this season.....but will i applaud and cheer them whole-heartedly? Too bloody right I will.

It is a day to celebrate.

Celebrate winning the league we are in.

Celebrate seeing through the hardest year of our clubs existence.

Celebrate the fact you are in the company of 50000 like-minded Bears.....with far more wishing they were stood beside you.

Celebrate being a RANGER.

And did I mention.....I will be CELEBRATING.

See you all there on Saturday Bears and Bearettes.

C'mon mate am fukin welling up. makes it hard to watch the fitba.

I think it's more about what we don't see that's the problem mate.

We don't see

Good signings

Good tactics

Good football

Good coaching

Good motivating

Being able to change a game

etc

I do - there are non so blind as those who cannot see!

Anyone one here chanted Ally Ally get to fuck in the 80s.......please explain

Maybe ..... Because ally knocked us back TWICE and signed third time of asking ? St Johnston and Sunderland ....... For your so called boyhood hero.. You would only need to ask me once.

Imagine rm back in early eighties ? Rangers go for Mccoist for third time ? Get him to fuck ? 30 years on he's a " rangers great " .

He's served us well and been rewarded very well for his efforts , but he's now pulling at a lot of people emotional strings .

It's time to move on ally and let our great club move on ... No one is bigger than rangers football club .