Why Ally McCoist must step up and take a bow

Guest Andypendek

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BluePeter you honestly see good football etc? Fair play if you genuinely think so

Wish I was this easy to please

I can see enough management skills to allow Ally time to manage the club under settled conditions - and also given everything we have been through it would be a disaster to also change our manager now!

I can see enough management skills to allow Ally time to manage the club under settled conditions -

I can't.

and also given everything we have been through it would be a disaster to also change our manager now!

No it wouldn't. It would be exactly the lift the whole club needs.

What management skills? :lol:

No one who wins any league is devoid of some skill - but folk like you just want to go to the extremes on everything as it suits whatever agenda you have - but he has shown leadership ( a key management skill, the ability to win , a key management skill - and romped the league he was in - a key management skill - he was able to retain and recruit some spl players and get them to play in Sfl 3 - a key management skill - he has had to introduce numerous youth players into the squad while still winning - a key management skill - but as you have an obvious ally oot agenda you will discount any achievement he has made as it suits you - not!

I can see enough management skills to allow Ally time to manage the club under settled conditions - and also given everything we have been through it would be a disaster to also change our manager now!

Can you explain what management skills you have seen? May help some of us understand your position better....

Can you explain what management skills you have seen? May help some of us understand your position better....

Strangly I had just posted that type answers so to avoid repeating it - it is the post just before or after this

Strangly I had just posted that type answers so to avoid repeating it - it is the post just before or after this

See I feel this is progress....I and others may not agree with your assessment of ally's managerial attributes but you have given your opinion and justification and I can fully respect that!

I think alot of the problems arise when on the one hand we have posters questioning the loyalty of fans who don't think ally has the skills to be a success and on the other some will judge him no matter what he does (the gangnam style thread was an embarrassment).....everyone is entitled to their opinion and it makes a better case when you express that opinion instead of having a go at someone else's.....

No one who wins any league is devoid of some skill - but folk like you just want to go to the extremes on everything as it suits whatever agenda you have - but he has shown leadership ( a key management skill, the ability to win , a key management skill - and romped the league he was in - a key management skill - he was able to retain and recruit some spl players and get them to play in Sfl 3 - a key management skill - he has had to introduce numerous youth players into the squad while still winning - a key management skill - but as you have an obvious ally oot agenda you will discount any achievement he has made as it suits you - not!

1. Leadership- Fair enough, I'll give you that one.

2. The ability to win? Nah. He hasn't won enough this season. Far too many draws/defeats

3. Recruiting SPL players? :lol: They're here for the £££, not because of Ally McCoist!

4. Wow! Rangers youth players are better than players at teams like Annan, some achievement there Ally!

He's clueless when it comes to style of play, tactics, recruitment and team selection. Not what I want from a Rangers manager.

if the anti ally brigade can start thread after thread - often by the same one or two posters it's a bit fking hypocritical to moan about a positive Ally thread !

Correct,they generally just love to moan,hope Ally gets a HUGE OVATION tomorrow......

Just noticed that, I guess it looks good though for people looking in for there to be some positively titled threads on the first page. Am sick of negativity.

Only thing I'm sick of is the utter shite football being dished up..and that's not my fault!

Maybe ..... Because ally knocked us back TWICE and signed third time of asking ? St Johnston and Sunderland ....... For your so called boyhood hero.. You would only need to ask me once.

Imagine rm back in early eighties ? Rangers go for Mccoist for third time ? Get him to fuck ? 30 years on he's a " rangers great " .

He's served us well and been rewarded very well for his efforts , but he's now pulling at a lot of people emotional strings .

It's time to move on ally and let our great club move on ... No one is bigger than rangers football club .

Im glad he did knock us back, if he had signed as an 18yr old and became a success we would

of sold him a few years later and probably lost all those goals.

See I feel this is progress....I and others may not agree with your assessment of ally's managerial attributes but you have given your opinion and justification and I can fully respect that!

I think alot of the problems arise when on the one hand we have posters questioning the loyalty of fans who don't think ally has the skills to be a success and on the other some will judge him no matter what he does (the gangnam style thread was an embarrassment).....everyone is entitled to their opinion and it makes a better case when you express that opinion instead of having a go at someone else's.....

Thanks for the lecture - I hope it made you feel better ..

.... I answer so often about why Ally should be manager it is now my signature!

1. Leadership- Fair enough, I'll give you that one.

2. The ability to win? Nah. He hasn't won enough this season. Far too many draws/defeats

3. Recruiting SPL players? :lol: They're here for the £££, not because of Ally McCoist!

4. Wow! Rangers youth players are better than players at teams like Annan, some achievement there Ally!

He's clueless when it comes to style of play, tactics, recruitment and team selection. Not what I want from a Rangers manager.

He won what he was asked to win SFL3 - at a canter!

You think that Ally had no influence at all on getting players to come - while money talks there is often more than that involved - and part of the job of the manager is to sell the club - I give him credit for being able to do that

and your last point is just stupid - it would NOT have mattered whom was our manager - all they could do was win the league we were in! Job done and onto next year.

He is far from clueless - but it will not matter a jot what I say - it will only be as he proves himself - and only time will show that - he will get the time but I suspect he will never get the credit for anything from detractors like you as you ONLY want to see negatives - in fact not only do you see negatives you give him no credit for anything - and most likely never will

I'm starting to wonder what Ally would need to do in order to get sacked. He falls short on almost everything but that doesn't seem to be enough.

I wonder what Ally needs to do to get praise - he suceeds in doing what needs to be done - he succeeds on almost every front but that never seems to be enough!

He won what he was asked to win SFL3 - at a canter!

You think that Ally had no influence at all on getting players to come - while money talks there is often more than that involved - and part of the job of the manager is to sell the club - I give him credit for being able to do that

and your last point is just stupid - it would NOT have mattered whom was our manager - all they could do was win the league we were in! Job done and onto next year.

He is far from clueless - but it will not matter a jot what I say - it will only be as he proves himself - and only time will show that - he will get the time but I suspect he will never get the credit for anything from detractors like you as you ONLY want to see negatives - in fact not only do you see negatives you give him no credit for anything - and most likely never will

He is clueless.

Shit tactics? Check

Shit brand of football against part timers? Check

Shit signings? Check

Playing players out of position? Check

Failing to learn from his mistakes? Check

Are the players playing for him? No

He is clueless.

Shit tactics? Check

Shit brand of football against part timers? Check

Shit signings? Check

Playing players out of position? Check

Failing to learn from his mistakes? Check

Are the players playing for him? No

You mean you don't rate him as a manager!!!!

Im glad he did knock us back, if he had signed as an 18yr old and became a success we would

of sold him a few years later and probably lost all those goals.

Lost him? As in being sold ? Rangers were the biggest spenders and paying the highest wages in Europe during the late eighties and early nineties .

Do you not think he was successful as a player ?

Lost him? As in being sold ? Rangers were the biggest spenders and paying the highest wages in Europe during the late eighties and early nineties .

Do you not think he was successful as a player ?

Of course he was successful, my point being if we had signed him in 81 i reckon

he would of been sold by 84-85 if he was scoring so freely as a 22-23yr old.

Of course he was successful, my point being if we had signed him in 81 i reckon

he would of been sold by 84-85 if he was scoring so freely as a 22-23yr old.

Ok take your point , but my original point was , it took us three times to sign him .