BBC get their grubby mitts on another internal Ibrox document

Senna

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With a quick scan over it it's all....well a bit idealistic. Nothing wrong with that per we but people should take it as it is. Just because this stuff was written down, doesn't mean there was any guarantees that that's what would have happened

Thats true but if even half of it was completed it would be the biggest shake up of Rangers since the Souness days, bigger perhaps i think some of it is a bit idealistic like getting huge names as director of football and winning Europa/CL in 7 years but the ideas about youth, tactics, club ethos and player attitude are a wet dream for most bears. Why on earth cant we continue with this without CG, unless this is why he was forced out as the old guard hate change and clearly Ally and co were not part of this amazing plan.

Proper vision there, but oh no, stick with the management who can't do it. This was a forward thinking plan, now its back to looking at Novo, Miller, Boyd and playing shite football.

Well done the worms who pushed out Green.

The more I think about it, the more I think there's been a clear battle between Green and McCoist & Walter, and the old guard has won.

Self preservation society etc.

I totally agreed with what was allegedly said by Imran - Smith and McCoist want to control Rangers without putting money in. Now I know they bought shares and have season books, but I know what he meant.

Thank fuck this lunatic's gone.

Win a European trophy by 2020?!

Ryan, did you even read the document?

It was EVERYTHING that the fans had been crying out for, everything.

A better coaching system, a total overhall. Better contracts based more on performances and bonuses.

If even half of that stuff could happen it would be massive steps forward.

And we came within 1 game of winning a major European trophy not too long ago.

Taken from twitter but - On the CG document - is anyone satisfied with the way we've been on-field this season? Does anyone see any positive team progress?

Thats true but if even half of it was completed it would be the biggest shake up of Rangers since the Souness days, bigger perhaps i think some of it is a bit idealistic like getting huge names as director of football and winning Europa/CL in 7 years but the ideas about youth, tactics, club ethos and player attitude are a wet dream for most bears. Why on earth cant we continue with this without CG, unless this is why he was forced out as the old guard hate change and clearly Ally and co were not part of this amazing plan.

Again, think people reading too much into it. I'm sure theer is somewhat of a plan, even if it isn't written in a nice document telling us how good we'll be soon. And I'd imagine its been 'shelved' fr now, merely because of all the nonsense going on at the club. As I say, it's a great document, and I believed in Green, however people can't moan about his 'lies' to do wi connections with other clubs, revenue seams, etc, and then believe that he was definitely going to implement all of this. Some people are all talk, who's to say Green wouldn't have been all talk in terms of this.

My only point is simply, don't let this make you lose your mind as a fan, great ideas but nobody knows how genuine efforts would have been to implement it all.

I feel like I'm having ago at Green, that really isn't my intention as I liked the guy and think he did a great job. Just don't want more division and anger directed at the club. Unfortunately, that's what this doc will more than likely do

No.

Having just read the whole document it sounds fantastic, completely unrealistic though IMO.

FFS, if it was so completely unrealistic, then why the fuck have fans been crying out for it?

Ryan, did you even read the document?

It was EVERYTHING that the fans had been crying out for, everything.

A better coaching system, a total overhall. Better contracts based more on performances and bonuses.

If even half of that stuff could happen it would be massive steps forward.

And we came within 1 game of winning a major European trophy not too long ago.

When I posted that I hadn't.

As I said in another post it sounds fantastic.

If he managed to implement that philosopgy on us my opinion of him would have completely changed.

Thank fuck this lunatic's gone.

Win a European trophy by 2020?!

It was a mission statement....not a promise or even necessarily a target....I personally believe we are worse off without Green....This document is exactly the philosophy we should be looking to employ but unfortunately the short term thinking and old fashioned attitude of some will render this unworkable. At least we know some arent blinded by the excuses and rhetoric and recognize big changes are required....

So do people really believe that guys like Ally and Walter WOULDNT want all the positive stuff mentioned in this document? I can't understand why folk would think that?

Doubt Ally would want a director of football appointing his own coaches.

Again, think people reading too much into it. I'm sure theer is somewhat of a plan, even if it isn't written in a nice document telling us how good we'll be soon. And I'd imagine its been 'shelved' fr now, merely because of all the nonsense going on at the club. As I say, it's a great document, and I believed in Green, however people can't moan about his 'lies' to do wi connections with other clubs, revenue seams, etc, and then believe that he was definitely going to implement all of this. Some people are all talk, who's to say Green wouldn't have been all talk in terms of this.

My only point is simply, don't let this make you lose your mind as a fan, great ideas but nobody knows how genuine efforts would have been to implement it all.

I feel like I'm having ago at Green, that really isn't my intention as I liked the guy and think he did a great job. Just don't want more division and anger directed at the club. Unfortunately, that's what this doc will more than likely do

I understand what your saying bud and its crossed my mind that maybe CG/IA leaked this to cause the fans to lose faith with the board, its just so frustrating to think we could of had the ideal plan for our club and now it might be gone because of fucking power trips and ego clashes at boardroom level.

I am guessing this was what CG meant, when he said that all would be revealed regarding our long term plans.

I really hope we go ahead and try to implement soe of these ideas, as they would benefit the club massively.

So do people really believe that guys like Ally and Walter WOULDNT want all the positive stuff mentioned in this document? I can't understand why folk would think that?

I don't doubt they would, but their method of implementing it would be more jobs for the boys.

It's a bit ironic to suggest why McCoist wouldn't want to implement the coaching and playing side of it, yet he's directly responsible for those things already and is absolutely abysmal at it. I've not seen him being pro-active on that side of things in his 2 years here. I've a feeling he thinks he's doing a great job personally. Just a hunch.

years of watching them ignore or stifle youngsters? spending large amounts of cash on average players (1st and 2nd spells for WS). just off the top of my head

Ally would be out of a job, basically. As would Durrant, McDowall and others. Could Walter survive being part of the board that sacked Ally et al?

I don't doubt their heart, just their implementation skills to get us anywhere near this. Smith's way of winning titles and running Rangers is over. Ally's time isn't exactly secure or long-term either.

Ok I'll rephrase; certain aspects of it are completely unrealistic.

As I've said I'd love to see something like this happen but dont think it ever will.

Fair enough, which parts are completely unrealistic?

It was a mission statement....not a promise or even necessarily a target....I personally believe we are worse off without Green....This document is exactly the philosophy we should be looking to employ but unfortunately the short term thinking and old fashioned attitude of some will render this unworkable. At least we know some arent blinded by the excuses and rhetoric and recognize big changes are required....

Agree with all of this.