BBC get their grubby mitts on another internal Ibrox document

Senna

I understand what your saying bud and its crossed my mind that maybe CG/IA leaked this to cause the fans to lose faith with the board, its just so frustrating to think we could of had the ideal plan for our club and now it might be gone because of fucking power trips and ego clashes at boardroom level.

Of course. I guess my point is, if Green was really wanting to retain his position and get fans onside, why didn't he release this mission statement when it was written. This is what the fans have wanted and have waited for.

I dunno, this just strikes me as a a bit of a "gt the fans wound up" thing

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Proper vision there, but oh no, stick with the management who can't do it. This was a forward thinking plan, now its back to looking at Novo, Miller, Boyd and playing shite football.

Well done the worms who pushed out Green.

where does this document say as you put?

Ally would be out of a job, basically. As would Durrant, McDowall and others. Could Walter survive being part of the board that sacked Ally et al?

I don't doubt their heart, just their implementation skills to get us anywhere near this. Smith's way of winning titles and running Rangers is over. Ally's time isn't exactly secure or long-term either.

Not so surehe would have been out of a job, but he would probably have had to change or add to his backroom staff, and the signing choices was being taken out of his hands and put in the director of footballs hands.

I really like some of the ideas in that document.

So do people really believe that guys like Ally and Walter WOULDNT want all the positive stuff mentioned in this document? I can't understand why folk would think that?

Maybe because none of this plan sounds like Ally would be included, this is a high European club level plan, eg Barca, Real, Man U and Ally is nowhere near the manager to take us to this level, plus its not the Scottish way of boom and bust, unsustanible spending bankrolled by millionaires on a ego trip like Minty, and thats all Ally and Walter know.

I am guessing this was what CG meant, when he said that all would be revealed regarding our long term plans.

I really hope we go ahead and try to implement soe of these ideas, as they would benefit the club massively.

Would you trust Ally and Walter to be the innovative and implementing force behind this? Smith was brilliant for us when we were up against it, and Ally was a rock last season and this, but they're hardly what you'd call creative thinkers or visionaries.

Doubt Ally would want a director of football appointing his own coaches.

years of watching them ignore or stifle youngsters? spending large amounts of cash on average players (1st and 2nd spells for WS). just off the top of my head

Ally would be out of a job, basically. As would Durrant, McDowall and others. Could Walter survive being part of the board that sacked Ally et al?

I don't doubt their heart, just their implementation skills to get us anywhere near this. Smith's way of winning titles and running Rangers is over. Ally's time isn't exactly secure or long-term either.

Just glanced at it to be fair. All I'm saying is the aforementioned point. If Green had been really wanting to strengthen his position he would have released this when it was written. The fans would have not taken his dismissal lightly then

Maybe because none of this plan sounds like Ally would be included, this is a high European club level plan, eg Barca, Real, Man U and Ally is nowhere near the manager to take us to this level, plus its not the Scottish way of boom and bust, unsustanible spending bankrolled by millionaires on a ego trip like Minty, and thats all Ally and Walter know.

Perhaps. I dunno, I just think this release of this document is making the exact impact it was intended to

Not so surehe would have been out of a job, but he would probably have had to change or add to his backroom staff, and the signing choices was being taken out of his hands and put in the director of footballs hands.

I really like some of the ideas in that document.

You think Ally would have just laid down and let the club sack ID, KM and others below him without protest? Or players being signed above his head? He'd have walked, or been sacked.

Would you trust Ally and Walter to be the innovative and implementing force behind this? Smith was brilliant for us when we were up against it, and Ally was a rock last season and this, but they're hardly what you'd call creative thinkers or visionaries.

I'd like to see them try.

Of course. I guess my point is, if Green was really wanting to retain his position and get fans onside, why didn't he release this mission statement when it was written. This is what the fans have wanted and have waited for.

I dunno, this just strikes me as a a bit of a "gt the fans wound up" thing

Im sure if this has been created after CG left to stir trouble somebody like MM will be denying that this was the plan.

Just glanced at it to be fair. All I'm saying is the aforementioned point. If Green had been really wanting to strengthen his position he would have released this when it was written. The fans would have not taken his dismissal lightly then

The Green Oot mob would have been spitting blood at it. Even those undecided on him but fans of Ally would have revolted.

I'd like to see them try.

I think we'd blow the best chance we've ever had to turn this club into a model of Ajax, Dortmund or Porto letting them have a crack at it. Neither of them have ever shown any semblances of continental football thinking.

Im sure if this has been created after CG left to stir trouble somebody like MM will be denying that this was the plan.

Not suggesting it was created after,imply suggesting that its release has happened to undermine those currently running the club. It's a great plan with some stuff we'd all love to see implemented but whether it would have happened, well that's entirely up in the air, think that's what I want fans to see, rather than just unloading anger at the current regime.

Disgusting if this plan has been shelved. Those saying this is unworkable need only look at where Borussia Dortmund were a few years ago and where they are now. Their entire first team consists of players they developed or paid no more than £5mil for.

Sincerely hope this plan gets taken forward and yes, that does mean almost an entire clear out of Ibrox playing and coaching staff. Can't take another year of watching terrible football with no sign of progression or improvement.

The Green Oot mob would have been spitting blood at it. Even those undecided on him but fans of Ally would have revolted.

Maybe I'm just talking for myself but I feel that fans, seeing a plan, a genuine, thought out, intelligent plan, would have backed Green, even if it meant some tough decisions. I've seen more support for Green in this thread than at Nani time over the last few months

Not sure that I would. I think it would be a mistake if we closed the door on Charles Green indefinitely. If we see no progress then someone with this vision should not be overlooked.

We're in a slightly different position now though.

And we'll be in a totally different position again 7 years from now. No one is suggedting that Rangers make an impact in Europe right now. That document is talking about putting down the foundations to give it the best possible chance of happening. There's nothing wrong with that it's a very sensible approach.

I can understand why that document has been shelved though. Implementing it would mean no more jobs for the boys.

My worst fear is that Ally is given too much time to get it right. Many would happily let him take us back in to the SPL even if the product on the pitch and signings were consistently poor. We get back to the SPL, Ally fails, he's replaced by someone who is then expected to go and win the SPL. By that point we'll be starting fresh again and the time we had to build something in the SFL will be gone.

If plans like the ones that document is talking about is to work it has to happen now.

Its like dumping your bird then finding out shes mates with Cheryl Cole and had arranged for a 3some for you with them :anguish:

Haha I just likened it to my mate as me writing up a document discussing my plans to shag this supermodel and then that supermodel...it's a great idea, but not necessarily going to be put in place!

Some policies on signing:

• In most cases, only sign players aged 25 or under.

• Do not sign 'troublesome stars'. Stick to team players who are level-headed.

• Bring in players with the potential to grow.

Continue reading the main story

We need to lose the reputation that we are an institution that can afford high wages.”

• Recruit players with the right attitude and hunger (you can give them the skills, but it's difficult to change attitude).

• Strict wage structure with a basic salary and attractive bonuses.

• Bonuses could be based on number of performances, disciplinary, results, greater than three-goal victories.

• Tiered wage structure based on which league we play in.

• All players need to be incentivised to play well, behave themselves, and only be rewarded for their efforts (not by a large basic salary just for turning up).

• If players do not accept the policy then they are not fit to play for Rangers. It may mean we lose out on players, but we would benefit more by having a 'fair' system for all players.

• Stick to our policy on agency fees, and give the message that we are not prepared to pay over the odds. We need to lose the reputation that we are an institution that can afford high wages. Look what happened to the old regime who thought it was good to speculate on big transfers.

Exactly what the majority of us have been saying regarding our signing policy!........ Unfortunately we are more likley to see the exact opposite of this going by some of the players linked and the attitude of some of our current players!

Tbh mate, after reading it back, not a lot.

good man, i figured you had just done a balls deep jump into the thead :P

It really is a forward thinking plan, and i couldnt see much wrong with it.

Maybe I'm just talking for myself but I feel that fans, seeing a plan, a genuine, thought out, intelligent plan, would have backed Green, even if it meant some tough decisions. I've seen more support for Green in this thread than at Nani time over the last few months

Some would, but a lot wouldn't have. TBO/UB wouldn't have, a lot of the older guys wouldn't have.