He's no bright spark

dortmund paid 22 million for one of their players.

But will recoup that with the sale of Gotze! They have that to spend because they have been exceptional at realising great profits from players. Kagawa cost 350,000 Euros, Gotze came through the youth team and is bringing in 37 million Euros. Once you have a system in place an occasional big purchase is possible.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL

laugh all you want, their team that beat barca cost less than 10mill to assemble, they got hooper for 2.1mill and we spent 3.5 mill on lafferty, remember the laughs we got out of that guy

scott brown aside, the tarriers could probably make a profit on all of their regular starters, not a fucking prayer are we close or ever have been close to that

a lot of that is down to lawwell and the fact he wishes to keep it as a business/football club and not either of the 2

If you buy better quality of product for much cheaper, and sell if for a much higher price then you'll make more money.

What you need to do is change your whole approach and discover young talent yourself and then you can conquer the world. You should gt Simon Cowell to run that strategy for you.

Makes nae sense

How well are St.Mirren playing in their relegation battle with Bomber?

As I've said I remember when PLG tried to change our style, when results weren't what we wanted he was sacked in 6 months. When Dick Advicaat did it, it was with a huge budget. Our aims are different to those clubs, the scale of our model does not equate to theirs.

How well are qos, thistle, ict doing and if remember correctly st mirren won the league cup on a hee haw budget.

Plgs reign was cut short because the football on the park was ad bad as the redults. He never changed a great deal.

Ill say this I bet you allan magic Johnson would get our team playing decent football. Seeing as hes beaten us this season and romped the sfl2 on a club budget of less than 300k...that includes staff and running costs

thats because they earned it and it is within their budget

i would have no issues with rangers spending say 5-10million on a player providing he has potential resale value and it was within our budget and it wasnt going to detriment our squad

we spent within our budget and I am sure Ally will spend only what is in his budget.

Why is it ok for one tean to spend theirs, yet a scandal if Ally spends HIS budget?

For all the talk of us having the 2nd highest wage bill means fuck all if we have that sort of budget. Also our wage bill is less than half of what it was last year. Probably closer to a third.

dortmund paid 22 million for one of their players.

Having had a closer look that was for Amoroso in 2005 and was the low point of their fortunes. They learnt a valuable lesson and their new regime has a much more realistic model. Lewandoski only cost 4.5 million Euros. There are far more recent examples of this financial and scouting success than money spent 8 years ago.

laugh all you want, their team that beat barca cost less than 10mill to assemble, they got hooper for 2.1mill and we spent 3.5 mill on lafferty, remember the laughs we got out of that guy

scott brown aside, the tarriers could probably make a profit on all of their regular starters, not a fucking prayer are we close or ever have been close to that

a lot of that is down to lawwell and the fact he wishes to keep it as a business/football club and not either of the 2

Oh, we are in a whole different area now.

Tell you what Lafferty was scoring league winning hat tricks when they were crying.

I will have people debating using Ajax, Porto and Dortmund as models of stylish, successful football.

Celtic are not stylish to watch (certainly from memory), they are successful domestically only because we were dumped into admin and then out of their division, they have plummeting crowds, they managed to score more goals against Barcelona than they had shots because of their 'style'.

So, yes, they are an example of cutting costs and keeping to a strict wage budget. It has not brought them stylish success.

Its only fair to point out that the vast majority of those playing football professionally aren't the most academically blessed and commanding inflated wages may make them able to afford the same car as top business folk, but it doesn't bless them with the same acumen.

Also worth pointing out that some of the best managers were fairly insignificant players.

we spent within our budget and I am sure Ally will spend only what is in his budget.

Why is it ok for one tean to spend theirs, yet a scandal if Ally spends HIS budget?

For all the talk of us having the 2nd highest wage bill means fuck all if we have that sort of budget. Also our wage bill is less than half of what it was last year. Probably closer to a third.

because dortmund have progressed forward with their budget, we got worse this season with ours

But will recoup that with the sale of Gotze! They have that to spend because they have been exceptional at realising great profits from players. Kagawa cost 350,000 Euros, Gotze came through the youth team and is bringing in 37 million Euros. Once you have a system in place an occasional big purchase is possible.

my point is that they are not the thrifty small spending team they are made out to be. Also we have no idea how much they spend on wages.

We made a loss.

How well are qos, thistle, ict doing and if remember correctly st mirren won the league cup on a hee haw budget.

Plgs reign was cut short because the football on the park was ad bad as the redults. He never changed a great deal.

Ill say this I bet you allan magic Johnson would get our team playing decent football. Seeing as hes beaten us this season and romped the sfl2 on a club budget of less than 300k...that includes staff and running costs

If you want to compare us with QOS and Partick, then we have all achieved the same thing this season in the divisions we are in. Who will next season?

We are on a different model in terms of scale, if you want to compare us to these teams, then accept the relegation QOS had last year, or the years of Partick being Partick.

we made an overall loss.that does not mean we are not spending within a buget.

Its the first year of a new company. We were ALWAYS gonna make a loss this year.

So where does the funding come from when we make a loss this year

So you think it's ok for McCoist to slam the document which has endless good points all because the guys an electrician?

I think it would be ok for this guy to slam a report McCoist wrote about electrical works, don't you?

I think everything everyone does should be much cheaper and much better. Splendid.

my point is that they are not the thrifty small spending team they are made out to be. Also we have no idea how much they spend on wages.

Apart from 17.5 million Euros spent on Reus I think you will find they are the thrifty small spending team they appear to be!

This is an interesting blog and its the philosophy that can be followed the relative position of Dortmund and Rangers is significant.

http://abehnisch.com/category/football/

Oh, we are in a whole different area now.

Tell you what Lafferty was scoring league winning hat tricks when they were crying.

I will have people debating using Ajax, Porto and Dortmund as models of stylish, successful football.

Celtic are not stylish to watch (certainly from memory), they are successful domestically only because we were dumped into admin and then out of their division, they have plummeting crowds, they managed to score more goals against Barcelona than they had shots because of their 'style'.

So, yes, they are an example of cutting costs and keeping to a strict wage budget. It has not brought them stylish success.

celtic have scored 83 goals this season in the SPL, we only managed 87 in division 3,

as for lafferty, dont ever recall him scoring a hat trick to win the league, he scored 2 at rugby park which i'll give you, but remind me how much value for money he was over the course of his career, 3.5mill and 10k a week minimum wages for 2 months a season work

lafferty played 138 times for rangers, he scored 38 goals

hooper has paid 134 times for them and scored 80 goals

our transfer policy in previous decade was a disaster aside from the odd gem, we spent high on old guys in the hope we get euro money to offset the players depreciation

success is one thing, its a great thing, but a plan for the club that extends no further than the end of the current season we are playing in is a recipe for trouble, the old mantle of "lets just beat the tarriers and deal with everything else next summer" cannot be allowed to reappear ever again

So where does the funding come from when we make a loss this year

what makes you think we will make a loss?

The share money will be in the next set of accounts.

We are gonna get roughly 40k per week off the wage bill when goian,boca and alexander leave. Add to that the fact that sandaza and kyle are no longer on the books, and we can only bring in frees in the summer.

Add to that the spinsorship deals, ST money nd TV money and i think we will be in a healthy position next season.

celtic have scored 83 goals this season in the SPL, we only managed 87 in division 3,

as for lafferty, dont ever recall him scoring a hat trick to win the league, he scored 2 at rugby park which i'll give you, but remind me how much value for money he was over the course of his career, 3.5mill and 10k a week minimum wages for 2 months a season work

lafferty played 138 times for rangers, he scored 38 goals

hooper has paid 134 times for them and scored 80 goals

our transfer policy in previous decade was a disaster aside from the odd gem, we spent high on old guys in the hope we get euro money to offset the players depreciation

success is one thing, its a great thing, but a plan for the club that extends no further than the end of the current season we are playing in is a recipe for trouble, the old mantle of "lets just beat the tarriers and deal with everything else next summer" cannot be allowed to reappear ever again

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/13406228

I think it would be ok for this guy to slam a report McCoist wrote about electrical works, don't you?

I think everything everyone does should be much cheaper and much better. Splendid.

completely different

if mccoist had dumped a million quid into an electrical company and then wrote a report on how he sees a way to take that electrical business forward, then it being rubbished would be wrong

the report the BBC got leaked to them wasnt simply a case of slaughtering ally and co, its was a report of changing our club from a business perspective from top to bottom

as an investor, especially a million quid investor, the guy deserves a little respect and time given to him, instead of simply being brushed aside as a joke as seemingly done on here and by our manager