He's no bright spark

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does it have to be original?

It is a document taking some really good points and ideas used by other clubs and turning them to our benifit.

Can you honestly say that if we managed to do most of whats on that list, we would'nt be in massively good shape?

Great point.

After all, there's nothing massively original about copying Walter's tactics.....

Why does it have to be original? It is a document taking some really good points and ideas used by other clubs and turning them to our benifit. Can you honestly say that if we managed to do most of whats on that list, we would'nt be in massively good shape?
I agree with most of it to be honest. Like you I am a supporter. It sounds like a document to appease the fans IMO. As someone said earlier it is mostly common sense. The writer had the best interest of Rangers at heart but knows fuck all about the complexities of modern football. Some of the managers he named proved that. He had no tight to bring them into our situation. Zero validity. Fantasy football fanny!

I agree with most of it to be honest. Like you I am a supporter. It sounds like a document to appease the fans IMO. As someone said earlier it is mostly common sense. The writer had the best interest of Rangers at heart but knows fuck all about the complexities of modern football. Some of the managers he named proved that. He had no tight to bring them into our situation. Zero validity. Fantasy football fanny!

Uberfan alert.

The clubs long term future is in the hands of the board, NOT Ally.

apparently these board members know fuck all about football (as per some of the replies in the blue blood thread) so surely a man like ally can guide them in the right direction of how the club should go forward

Money we could save by not spending ridiculous amounts working our way through the leagues could go towards that.

Ask the fans to contribute to an Auchenhowie fund, if fans knew their money was going to be spent properly they are likely to part with more.

It won't happen overnight hence why we need to start now, when we're back in the top league it will be the same old 'As long as we finish above the tims' pish.

I can't wait.

apparently these board members know fuck all about football (as per some of the replies in the blue blood thread) so surely a man like ally can guide them in the right direction of how the club should go forward

smdh.gif

I could hit you back with the same stuff I've been saying all morning

Your head is in the clouds

Because....? My whole point is that we are all fans and think we know about the game, but we are amateurs, and we don't understand it in the way of people like Ally and Walter who actually have been in and around the game at the very top level for decades.

I can't wait.

I can see you standing by that even if celt*c finish 4th.

I wish I had enough money to be an ubber fan mate.

We all want what's best for the club at the end of the day but I just feel folk let their emotions get in the way.

I just watched the celebrations again there and had to pinch myself yet again at Ally's speech, the guy would bleed blue if he cut himself but he's still not a manager.

If Ally's seen it all, why does his team look no better than the part timers/amateurs it's playing against?

...See if you take the time to think about the circumstances that left us with the side we presently have...then you,ll have your answer...

This thread isn't about Ally BBBoy. It's about someone writing a shit mission statement that the board rejected because the writer failed to grasp the realities of our situation. If I wanted someone to write a mission statement for Rangers.... a philosophy for for our future.... a road to success.... I would employ a successful football person.... NOT A FUCKING ELECTRICIAN!!!! It is so pathetic. We are worth much more than that.

...See if you take the time to think about the circumstances that left us with the side we presently have...then you,ll have your answer...

I have thought about it.

Lots.

Someone who'd seen it all would have known how to make what we've got look better.

10 pages in an nobody can highlight an original idea in that mission statement. I could have done better myself. A millionaire appeases the fans with no original ideas. Most of what was written was lifted from this board. The ability to copy and paste isn't a mission statement. With all due respect to all of the forum members, what part of the document is original? Where is the insight? Where is the practicality? What did he write that we didn't already know? I really don't see that. Can you? What have I missed?

This thread isn't about Ally BBBoy. It's about someone writing a shit mission statement that the board rejected because the writer failed to grasp the realities of our situation. If I wanted someone to write a mission statement for Rangers.... a philosophy for for our future.... a road to success.... I would employ a successful football person.... NOT A FUCKING ELECTRICIAN!!!! It is so pathetic. We are worth much more than that.

As I said, It doesn't matter who wrote it, it's a fantastic blueprint for any club to follow.

I'm not a doctor or a dietician but I could tell you when you have the cold or need to lose weight.

Seems Shankly disagrees with you in a few areas.

Shankly's recipe for success seemed simple on the surface, but was anything but!

"When I took a physiotherapy course before I became a manager, I learned some valuable things. Notably about the heart, the intake of food for an athlete and particularly the timing of meals before a match. I put this into use. When I came to Liverpool, I stopped the system of players having a big meal on the night before a game. I adopted the pattern of taking them away on Friday night, timing the journey to reach the hotel about 10 pm, where the players had tea, toast and honey and then straight to bed.

On the day of the match, three hours before the kick-off, they could have a steak or chicken or poached eggs. They did not have a cooked breakfast as well. It was simple diet and and the word "simple" came into most of my football thinking in training and playing as well. I ate the same sort of food all my life and I've always been a fitness fanatic. The food players had before a match is to preserve their strength, not build it up. Players find what suits them best by trial and error. If their demand fell within the limits I laid down, that was all right. I also expected them to eat properly when they were not at the club, not to eat stupid things when they were out of control. Most of them did that but I invariably knew when any of them had stepped off the rails in any way. In any case, it usually told on their performance."

"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple."

"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated."

"Some people may say that we are lazy, but that's fine. What's the point of tearing players to pieces? We never bothered with sand dunes and hills and roads. We trained on grass where football is played."

"Of course a player can have sexual intercourse before a match and play a blinder. But if he did it for six months, he'd be a decrepit old man. It takes the strength from the body."

"Aye I gave the wee woman a good night out. I took her to see Tranmere Rovers reserves. But it wasn't our wedding anniversary, it was her birthday. Can you see me getting married in the football season?"

Note: Journalist John Keith later commented on this story: "It was reported that Bill had taken Nessie to a football match for the first time and it was to see Tranmere. I asked him about it and he said "No, John that is utter rubbish, but I did take Nessie to watch Accrington Stanley!"

Shankly never cared for FA coaching badges

"When people ask me my credentials for being a manager or a coach I have one answer... Bill Shankly. They're my qualifications, the way I was born. And that's all the qualifications anyone needs in the game I'm in. I didn't think it was necessary to take an FA coaching course. I didn't think it was going to make me any better. If I take a course am I going to be a better man six days later because I've got a piece of paper? That's nonsense. Chamberlain came back from Germany with a piece of paper.. . the worst fucking piece of paper we've ever had!!

As manager of Liverpool I got two FA Cup winner's medals, three championships and a Second Division championship, one UEFA Cup, three Charity Shields and six Central League winner's medals... that's 16 in 15 seasons. So I'd like them [FA coaches] to come to my coaching school! I'd have probably failed some of them."

As I said, It doesn't matter who wrote it, it's a fantastic blueprint for any club to follow. I'm not a doctor or a dietician but I could tell you when you have the cold or need to lose weight.
The writer apart. If you think that mission statement is worthy of our great club I despair. The part where he talks about always trying to get the ball back.... the part where he says all players should respect the club. Get a grip! The team is full of young men living the dream and playing out of their bot for the club they love. ye. Those boys want rangers to get beat. As I said earlier the leaked document is a fucking failure. The writer had good intents but has no serious vision for our club. Copy and pasting from RM does not make a mission statement. We need people with ideas above that. We need men who can think outside the box and give us the competitive edge. If you think that is a good mission statement then you undervalue our club. Us fans deserve better than that!!!!!!!!!!

The writer apart. If you think that mission statement is worthy of our great club I despair. The part where he talks about always trying to get the ball back.... the part where he says all players should respect the club. Get a grip! The team is full of young men living the dream and playing out of their bot for the club they love. ye. Those boys want rangers to get beat. As I said earlier the leaked document is a fucking failure. The writer had good intents but has no serious vision for our club. Copy and pasting from RM does not make a mission statement. We need people with ideas above that. We need men who can think outside the box and give us the competitive edge. If you think that is a good mission statement then you undervalue our club. Us fans deserve better than that!!!!!!!!!!

No you're assuming he's copied from RM, you've just been quoted as saying you agree with most of it but now it's a failure.

Which is it?

This is stuff wee Dick tried to implement as well, fining players for being late for the team bus, making the first team players watch the young boys train. Respect for the club and everything around it is the way it should be.

Seems Shankly disagrees with you in a few areas. Shankly's recipe for success seemed simple on the surface, but was anything but! "When I took a physiotherapy course before I became a manager, I learned some valuable things. Notably about the heart, the intake of food for an athlete and particularly the timing of meals before a match. I put this into use. When I came to Liverpool, I stopped the system of players having a big meal on the night before a game. I adopted the pattern of taking them away on Friday night, timing the journey to reach the hotel about 10 pm, where the players had tea, toast and honey and then straight to bed. On the day of the match, three hours before the kick-off, they could have a steak or chicken or poached eggs. They did not have a cooked breakfast as well. It was simple diet and and the word "simple" came into most of my football thinking in training and playing as well. I ate the same sort of food all my life and I've always been a fitness fanatic. The food players had before a match is to preserve their strength, not build it up. Players find what suits them best by trial and error. If their demand fell within the limits I laid down, that was all right. I also expected them to eat properly when they were not at the club, not to eat stupid things when they were out of control. Most of them did that but I invariably knew when any of them had stepped off the rails in any way. In any case, it usually told on their performance." * "Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple." * "Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated." * "Some people may say that we are lazy, but that's fine. What's the point of tearing players to pieces? We never bothered with sand dunes and hills and roads. We trained on grass where football is played." * "Of course a player can have sexual intercourse before a match and play a blinder. But if he did it for six months, he'd be a decrepit old man. It takes the strength from the body." * "Aye I gave the wee woman a good night out. I took her to see Tranmere Rovers reserves. But it wasn't our wedding anniversary, it was her birthday. Can you see me getting married in the football season?" Note: Journalist John Keith later commented on this story: "It was reported that Bill had taken Nessie to a football match for the first time and it was to see Tranmere. I asked him about it and he said "No, John that is utter rubbish, but I did take Nessie to watch Accrington Stanley!" * Shankly never cared for FA coaching badges "When people ask me my credentials for being a manager or a coach I have one answer... Bill Shankly. They're my qualifications, the way I was born. And that's all the qualifications anyone needs in the game I'm in. I didn't think it was necessary to take an FA coaching course. I didn't think it was going to make me any better. If I take a course am I going to be a better man six days later because I've got a piece of paper? That's nonsense. Chamberlain came back from Germany with a piece of paper.. . the worst fucking piece of paper we've ever had!! As manager of Liverpool I got two FA Cup winner's medals, three championships and a Second Division championship, one UEFA Cup, three Charity Shields and six Central League winner's medals... that's 16 in 15 seasons. So I'd like them [FA coaches] to come to my coaching school! I'd have probably failed some of them."
I am a Struth man myself. His words are my idea of a mission statement. He spoke of integrity and honour long before our troubles. And no..... he wasn't an electrician as far a I know, he devoted his life to rangers.