Sir Alex Ferguson Retires

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you rate him highly?

I don't particularly, but Bill Kenwright does. :)

I like the way he has his teams play the game, but the last-gasp escapes from relegation have become tedious. If he was that good, he would have them doing it in August!

I like the way he has his teams play the game, but the last-gasp escapes from relegation have become tedious. If he was that good, he would have them doing it in August!

I meant to quote Ryangers who said he rated him highly!

Just don't see the fuss with him given the fact he has them struggling every season. In saying that, like you, I do like the way he sets his teams up and with better players could be more effective.

To even have Wigan competing to stay up is an achievement IMO. He also has them in the FA cup final. He gets the best out of mefiocre players like Boyce, Di Santo and to a lesser extent Maloney.

I like him and admire the way his team's play so I'm maybe being a bit biased...

I see the BBC website have regurgitated the myth that Ferguson worked in the shipyards when he was young :rolleyes: . They seem to like painting him as some fore-runner to Jimmy Reid.

That seems to come up every now and again :lol:

Sure I heard before that his home down south is called Fairfields after the yard his dad worked in.

I think if it's going to be Moyes then it's clearly for the stability he'd provide.

What's Mourinho's record like at bringing through young players? He can certainly spot them and sign them but he's not exactly prone to staying put for too long. His record away at the big four is shocking to be fair, but again with an improved team and an improved budget I'm sure he could improve upon that.

The thing about Moyes' for me is his lack of European experience. However; if you look in terms of where English teams are in comparison to Germany and Spain they've fallen behind a little. It might allow Moyes a little bit of time to grow into the role on the European stage while building his own side.

YES!!!!

Finally someone agrees with me on this.