Makes you wonder how Ally has even been able to appear to function normally

Whatever's going on in the boardroom is of not McCoist's concern. He's not a director, it's none of his business as team manager.

No-one, not Green, Malcolm Murray or Smith, ever forced Ally to make the appalling team selections which have become commonplace under him. His on-field difficulties are all of his own making.

So we can only judge Ally when he's had millions to spend and it's all down to big bad Green for wanting to downsize for the 3rd div :lol:

If only ally had a level playing field with the other 3rd div managers eh ?

What he might have achieved.

No doubt if we are stuck with him and end up in the SPL he would do fine if only Celtic hadn't got such a big boost when we were away.

Etc etc

Please tell us one thing that demonstrates Ally has what it takes to manage Rangers ?

I really don't want another ally debate however the bit from Rae....he wanted 5/6 players to give the supporters good football????? I mean do these guys think we are all clueless bottom feeders, yes there are some out there who buy into shit like that but c'mon this is embarrassing!

We are playing on a part time league with a massive budget and full time training....if ally can't get the best out of the players we have and introduce a higher level of performance and style of play then that's his fault....his signing record hasn't been the best so what guarantees are there these other 5/6 players would have made a difference? Also we are only allowed a certain amount of over 21's registered for the SFL so it was unworkable to bring in all these players....also our wage budget is astronomical at the moment for where we are and we are expected to feel sorry for ally when he wanted to increase that even more with no doubt more overpriced wasters!

Sorry but ally needs to get the finger out on the training field and develop the style of play and increase the demands on the players instead of he and his mates moaning about signings!

This was pretty much what I was thinking.

Interesting read from Alex Rae in Sportinglife.com earlier today. For me, this sums up just how difficult Ally's job has been in this most turbulent of times. So all you who seem to take great enjoyment slating a true legend while he deals with the circus that has been looming around our club, have a wee think before you criticize

....."It's been a really difficult job for Ally. During the transfer window last summer, he wanted five or six players in so he could give the supporters some good football. But, and this is just me reading between the lines, Charles Green never fulfilled his pledge to allow Ally to bring players in.

"Then he let Carlos Bocanegra go out on loan and brought in David Templeton on half the money. So it was cost cutting the whole way and the squad was decimated.

"The next year or two going forward, that is when you will be able to judge Ally McCoist."

McCoist has been criticised for the lack of flair shown by his side and the failure of many of his signings to perform consistently.

But Rae says the manager did not have all the necessary tools at his disposal.

"I think that the fact Rangers don't have a scouting network is unbelievable," he said.

"If you look at the big clubs, they have scouts worldwide, never mind just in the UK.

Nice touch from Alex sticking up for his mate and insulting Rangers fans intelligence.

Our manager is a playing legend, a legend personality wise, a legend of the club, a tv legend...........however no amount of turbulance surrounding the club explains the inability to sweep aside volunteers footballers in the 3rd Division when we are paying what we are in coaching, players and in training facilities. If you think otherwise you want to have your head examined, Set-Pieces don't take a year to make a start on yet we are utterly inept at them.End of the day, if they aren't better than postmen and plumbers then who said they were good enough for Rangers?Queen Of The South have out performed us on every level play wise this season - performance related backroom problems when there's millions at your disposal wouldn't wash in any company in this country never mind our club.I love Ally to bits and he's almost mythical in the fact everyone has met him several times without trying but him, his coaching staff and several of those players have not cut the mustard this season.Check my previous posts I stood up for him but there has been ZERO improvement over the coarse, what kind of management is that exactly?He's either coasted it or he's not capable, there isn't another option based upon what we've witnessed against vastly inferior teams with vastly inferior facilities and finances. No Rangers fan would mock the man and I for one will say he's given his hair to this club in the last year or two, the pitch shows however that everything from the management to the players has been rotten when we should be building a philosophy, style and budget to safe guard the future. Annan would use £1M to keep the club going for god knows how many years, we've blew it on a player and yet we hear "the manager needs time to sign quality",....what exactly does every other manager below Rangers and them do then?

Im thankful we're "here", thankful for the title and it's promotion but let's not start talking shite about how the manager hasn't been backed - he's had 40,000 fans every game and millions more to spend than the rest of the 3 lower Divisions combined.

There you have it.

The truth in all its naked ugliness.

It may not be nice to look at when you undress all the spin, smoke and mirrors from it, shed away the bullshitt excuses, disrobe it of the spurious empty debate, because what you have left is the very fact that on the field we have been utter shyte.

Interesting read from Alex Rae in Sportinglife.com earlier today. For me, this sums up just how difficult Ally's job has been in this most turbulent of times. So all you who seem to take great enjoyment slating a true legend while he deals with the circus that has been looming around our club, have a wee think before you criticize

....."It's been a really difficult job for Ally. During the transfer window last summer, he wanted five or six players in so he could give the supporters some good football. But, and this is just me reading between the lines, Charles Green never fulfilled his pledge to allow Ally to bring players in.

"Then he let Carlos Bocanegra go out on loan and brought in David Templeton on half the money. So it was cost cutting the whole way and the squad was decimated.

"The next year or two going forward, that is when you will be able to judge Ally McCoist."

McCoist has been criticised for the lack of flair shown by his side and the failure of many of his signings to perform consistently.

But Rae says the manager did not have all the necessary tools at his disposal.

"I think that the fact Rangers don't have a scouting network is unbelievable," he said.

"If you look at the big clubs, they have scouts worldwide, never mind just in the UK.

Your talking out yer arse son! I'll judge him on what I see week in week out over two seasons and 47 years of attending Rangers matches,and will take no lectures on loyalty from the likes of you.

Our manager has my complete support.

Time will quickly wash away the memory of a few unspectacular performances, but Ally's monumental contribution in recent years can never be forgotten.

The team will come good, I'm sure of it. We just need to be patient: and he's earned it.

By contribution do you mean playing the supporters for mugs? Protecting his and his pals jobs and getting involved with aspects of club business that he has no right getting involved in? "Our Manager has my complete support" reads like the Fucking Tory manifesto! He's not OUR manager he's your manager and any other daft cunt's that fall for all the shite he espouses! In all my 47 years attending matches he is by far and away the most incompetent person to ever be bestowed the title manager of Rangers and the first 4 months of season 11/12 one up front shite proves it! Oh but I'm certain he will have a ready excuse for that,he always does.....Coffee sniffing anyone?

Don't give a toss what the usual moaners and whingers who think Rangers have a god given right to win every game think.

If Ally can't get it right after the transfer embargo is lifted that's the time to start judging. He's always had Walter's ear for any advice needed and it would be ridiculous to think he doesn't have the players respect.

Ally stood by Rangers. He'll do for me winning the third by 24 points after all the shite last year.

Look at the managers Wolves brought in after getting the massive pay out from the Premiership and they dropped 2 leagues.

It may be part timers against well paid professionals but the gap from third to first in Scotland isn't that big.

Motherwell......................Arbroath..........................QoS........................??

ALLOA....!!!!!!

bocanegra was a loan so thats pish. infact all that article is is more excuses for Ally and the same ones. sick of hearing them. fact is the squad he has has not improved under him in any way infact I think they have went backwards. now he wants 10 million for Div 2? Fuck right off

Hey but Rae is his mate .Wouldnt expect anything else to be honest .

people forget most of our squad have played together and trained together at some point for some amount of time so the whole new squad argument doesnt wash with me

Really? Wallace Cribari Perry Argyriou have all trained together at some earlier point in their careers have they? Easily the most criticised selection of our side. 2 don't even speak English. One has hardly kicked a ball for the senior side.

Just excuses though eh.

There are valid criticisms of Mccoist, the squad and the board: but they get lost amongst or bogged down by horsehite on a regular basis.

Don't give a toss what the usual moaners and whingers who think Rangers have a god given right to win every game think.

If Ally can't get it right after the transfer embargo is lifted that's the time to start judging. He's always had Walter's ear for any advice needed and it would be ridiculous to think he doesn't have the players respect.

Ally stood by Rangers. He'll do for me winning the third by 24 points after all the shite last year.

Look at the managers Wolves brought in after getting the massive pay out from the Premiership and they dropped 2 leagues.

It may be part timers against well paid professionals but the gap from third to first in Scotland isn't that big.

Motherwell......................Arbroath..........................QoS........................??

ALLOA....!!!!!!

doh

I'm not one to criticise Ally but that article is rubbish. Alex Rae really criticising Green for cost-cutting? When we are dropping to the bottom tier of Scottish football? Sorry but thats just reality. Ally has to deal with that

We seem to be getting drip fed this idea that the only way to emass a squad capable of winning trophies whilst playing at least a decent level of football, is to spend more money than everyone around you.

I have no doubt we can afford to spend the cash but should we?

I feel slightly insulted by Ally lately with comments like "all the best 18-24 years olds won't come to Rangers". I don't recall even one Rangers supporter suggesting for a second that we could compete with the likes of the Spain, Germany or England for the best young talent around the world, but there must surely be a few younger players that are worth a punt on? They dont all end up in the top leagues or at the top sides.

Its not like we are asking for Kagawa or similar ffs.

Really? Wallace Cribari Perry Argyriou have all trained together at some earlier point in their careers have they? Easily the most criticised selection of our side. 2 don't even speak English. One has hardly kicked a ball for the senior side.

Just excuses though eh.

There are valid criticisms of Mccoist, the squad and the board: but they get lost amongst or bogged down by horsehite on a regular basis.

Wallace and Perry have played together sometimes and trained together for best part of 2 years. So two players out of a squad of however many. Sorry it just doesnt wash