Makes you wonder how Ally has even been able to appear to function normally

Anybody that makes excuses for Ally and our disgraceful performances is an idiot. It really is that simple.

Anyone who refuses to accept that circumstances will have played a part in some of those performances is equally an idiot. It really is that simple.

Anyone who refuses to accept that circumstances will have played a part in some of those performances is equally an idiot. It really is that simple.

What circumstances? Having 100 times the wage bill of a team full of postmen and binmen?

Having a team full of internationalists?

What circumstances are you talking about?

What circumstances? Having 100 times the wage bill of a team full of postmen and binmen?

Having a team full of internationalists?

What circumstances are you talking about?

we don't have to go through it all again.

anyone claiming that the external factors can't have taken their toll on how this season has gone are just insane.

any job, no matter what it is, can be affected by external factors of which for us, there have been untold amounts.

"Having 100 times the wage bill of a team full of postmen and binmen?"

I see this posted (no pun intended) time and time again, and all it smacks of to me is frustration. An irritation that we have found some games tough this season. I'm convinced that most are just annoyed they couldn't brag about being undefeated for a season.

It also completely belittles teams that have played above themselves when playing against us. Some of those sides put in performances to be proud of and all we do is rip the pish out of them as part timers. Poor show in my opinion.

anyone claiming that the external factors can't have taken their toll on how this season has gone are just insane.

any job, no matter what it is, can be affected by external factors of which for us, there have been untold amounts.

I see this posted (no pun intended) time and time again, and all it smacks of to me is frustration. An irritation that we have found some games tough this season. I'm convinced that most are just annoyed they couldn't brag about being undefeated for a season.

It also completely belittles teams that have played above themselves when playing against us. Some of those sides put in performances to be proud of and all we do is rip the pish out of them as part timers. Poor show in my opinion.

I'm convinced people are embarrassed at getting played off the park by part timers and binmen.

I'm convinced people are embarrassed at getting played off the park by part timers and binmen.

maybe I'm just an optimist, but I'm not embarrassed. I saw a side assembled very quickly, and in rebuild mode whilst not being able to properly rebuild, win the league we're in by a distance.

he's had a tough time, no doubt, but judging on how he's done with what he had it was a failure.

He had a squad with experience and resources so far beyond what our division 3 competitors had yet we turned out tragic performance after tragic performance, devoid of character, effort, shape and tactics.

Losing to home to Annan is unforgivable to me, under any kind of circumstances and he should have been sacked or resigned the next day.

Why can't Rangers play above themselves then ?

The fans were not unrealistic, I don't know any who thought we'd be undefeated, although it should have been a possibility.

We've damn near done it in the SPL.

We aren't out to belittle div3 teams at all, any more than Mike Tyson in his prime knocking me out would belittle me.

The fact is, Ally has (in comparison), massive wages, supposedly better players, infinitely better training facilities and a truly massive support.

Yet still we play pish, with Ally seemingly unable to do anything to change it.

It's not that we lose, the team gets criticised even when we win, it is the poor way we are playing.

When it comes to results the buck stop with Ally.

With poor results, poor tactics, lack of player motivation and duff signings, what exactly is Ally doing right that justifies keeping him on ?

PS All the above pertains to Ally the manager, not Ally the Legend.

Interesting read from Alex Rae in Sportinglife.com earlier today. For me, this sums up just how difficult Ally's job has been in this most turbulent of times. So all you who seem to take great enjoyment slating a true legend while he deals with the circus that has been looming around our club, have a wee think before you criticize

....."It's been a really difficult job for Ally. During the transfer window last summer, he wanted five or six players in so he could give the supporters some good football. But, and this is just me reading between the lines, Charles Green never fulfilled his pledge to allow Ally to bring players in.

"Then he let Carlos Bocanegra go out on loan and brought in David Templeton on half the money. So it was cost cutting the whole way and the squad was decimated.

"The next year or two going forward, that is when you will be able to judge Ally McCoist."

McCoist has been criticised for the lack of flair shown by his side and the failure of many of his signings to perform consistently.

But Rae says the manager did not have all the necessary tools at his disposal.

"I think that the fact Rangers don't have a scouting network is unbelievable," he said.

"If you look at the big clubs, they have scouts worldwide, never mind just in the UK.

Kyle, Sandaza, Templeton, Argyriou, Shiels, Cribari.

How many players did u mention in your OP?

Why can't Rangers play above themselves then ?

We can and we will.

The fans were not unrealistic, I don't know any who thought we'd be undefeated, although it should have been a possibility.

There was more than one thread on here suggesting we'd hit double figures goals-wise in loads of games and that we could go undefeated.

We've damn near done it in the SPL.

We aren't out to belittle div3 teams at all, any more than Mike Tyson in his prime knocking me out would belittle me.

Good analogy. Point taken!

The fact is, Ally has (in comparison), massive wages, supposedly better players, infinitely better training facilities and a truly massive support.

Yet still we play pish, with Ally seemingly unable to do anything to change it.

It's not that we lose, the team gets criticised even when we win, it is the poor way we are playing.

When it comes to results the buck stop with Ally.

With poor results, poor tactics, lack of player motivation and duff signings, what exactly is Ally doing right that justifies keeping him on ?

PS All the above pertains to Ally the manager, not Ally the Legend.

My point here is really down to us playing good football in the first half of last season. Some of it was more than decent. It's surely no coincidence that the decline in on field play coincides very closely with us hitting trouble.

maybe I'm just an optimist, but I'm not embarrassed. I saw a side assembled very quickly, and in rebuild mode whilst not being able to properly rebuild, win the league we're in by a distance.

we have a goalie that gets paid more in one week than every single player in our league gets paid put together.

we have a goalie that gets paid more in one week than every single player in our league gets paid put together.

That will change over the next few seasons. To be honest it says more about how overpaid players in the SPL are/were compared to how talented they are more than anything else.

Surely one of those sticking up for Ally can come up with a footballing reason for doing so ?

One ?

Anyone ?

There have been lots of football reasons given again and again and again.....people just ignore them though. These debates have become tedious, I'm just going to wait and see how he does next season.

There have been lots of football reasons given again and again and again.....people just ignore them though. These debates have become tedious, I'm just going to wait and see how he does next season.

I totally agree. Pisses me off arguing with fellow bears.....

Wallace and Perry have played together sometimes and trained together for best part of 2 years. So two players out of a squad of however many. Sorry it just doesnt wash

2 players out of a back four that has been rotated continously all season.

Btw, training, just like playing together? Anycunt with a half a brain cells knowledge of football knows that training and playing together are 2 different things altogether.

2 players out of a back four that has been rotated continously all season.

Btw, training, just like playing together? Anycunt with a half a brain cells knowledge of football knows that training and playing together are 2 different things altogether.

Goat won't like this...lol

No disrespect to Rae but hes talking shite of course we had to downsize we were dropped further down the leagues than any team ive ever heard off, we had to drasticly reduce the wage bill and Ally still brought in quite a few players, Temps, Cribari, Shiels, Argyriou, Faure, Stella, Black, Kyle, Sandaza those plus the youth players were ultimatly enough for us even though most failed to play as well as they can for most of the season. This is just more 'its all that awful Charles Greens fault' pish to protect Ally from any critisim.

People keep saying that but strangely never actually name any.

We know how he will do next next season already.

Just like this one, only we will struggle in more games as the opposition is a bit better.

Plenty folk said give him this season and judge, now it's next season.

How many before we can finally judge him.

Don't bother with them TWB, some people just love being negative on here.