RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

My issue, and why I wouldn't buy the book, goes back to the story on imran and the way things were handled! I have no idea, despite asking on numerous occasions, why you choose to print this article and not go to the club, deal with it internally and preserve some dignity for us at a time when everyone was printing story after story of assumption, innuendo and negative rhetoric towards the club....at that point it struck me that TRS were not nesecarily working or reporting for the best interests of the club and it seems to me there are some agendas at work....the somewhat ironic nature of exposing a mole via information from a mole didn't sit right with me either and although I appreciate the work you guys do generally, until someone can explain this to me, I won't be purchasing the book....

I think some of that is fair and you're entitled to criticise. With the benefit of hindsight you may well be correct but, FWIW, we weren't sure whether to publish that story or not but felt because of certain issues within the club it may not have been dealt with as strongly as it had been if the issue wasn't in the public domain. Clearly it was an important issue and definitely somewhat divisive as well but I'm comfortable it has been shown to be the correct decision. I'm sorry if others don't agree but c'est la vie.

I can assure you our site (and the lads associated with it) do not work to anyone's agenda. Anyone who knows me (from here or elsewhere) should know that and I think Chris, Alasdair and John are all capable of forming an opinion on issues without being under someone else's thumb.

In any case, I'd hope you and others can judge the book on its own merits as opposed to one particular issue that always had the potential to cause disagreement. The rest of the contributors who've worked hard on their chapter deserve that - even if you may have one or two issues with the lads who run TRS.

So is it not Walter then?

There are actually two forewords but you'll appreciate we're looking to keep them under wraps for one or two logistical reasons for the moment.

You may or may not be right (Walter's has one comment highlighted on the Amazon page) and we're hoping to announce some more contributors next week.

There are actually two forewords but you'll appreciate we're looking to keep them under wraps for one or two logistical reasons for the moment.

You may or may not be right (Walter's has one comment highlighted on the Amazon page) and we're hoping to announce some more contributors next week.

Well I did read it on Gersnet from a post by your good self. Is the site still down?

I think some of that is fair and you're entitled to criticise. With the benefit of hindsight you may well be correct but, FWIW, we weren't sure whether to publish that story or not but felt because of certain issues within the club it may not have been dealt with as strongly as it had been if the issue wasn't in the public domain. Clearly it was an important issue and definitely somewhat divisive as well but I'm comfortable it has been shown to be the correct decision. I'm sorry if others don't agree but c'est la vie.

I can assure you our site (and the lads associated with it) do not work to anyone's agenda. Anyone who knows me (from here or elsewhere) should know that and I think Chris, Alasdair and John are all capable of forming an opinion on issues without being under someone else's thumb.

In any case, I'd hope you and others can judge the book on its own merits as opposed to one particular issue that always had the potential to cause disagreement. The rest of the contributors who've worked hard on their chapter deserve that - even if you may have one or two issues with the lads who run TRS.

A fair reply frankie and thanks for taking the time to address the crux of my post....

Just ordered it and look forward to reading some straight forward views of what actually happened , if Frankie is involved then that's good enough for me

Just ordered it and look forward to reading some straight forward views of what actually happened , if Frankie is involved then that's good enough for me

Thanks mate - very kind. It's very much a group project though and the rest of the lads have worked hard on trying to put together a worthy publication.

We're genuinely delighted with the positive reaction so far and if we can raise some decent money for the RCF while documenting the last two years from a fans perspective, then all the better!

Thanks mate - very kind. It's very much a group project though and the rest of the lads have worked hard on trying to put together a worthy publication.

We're genuinely delighted with the positive reaction so far and if we can raise some decent money for the RCF while documenting the last two years from a fans perspective, then all the better!

The problem with our story is that the battle lines have been drawn for so long and so deeply that the truth may forever be lost , and that will be the biggest victim in all of this .

I don't really know how many times we can take getting booted whilst trying to get up off the floor , I know who I trust I just hope it's justified

and as you have the right to make your point others have the right to answer or not

On this thread at this time he has chosen to leave it.

thats fine by me

You know if its only to promote stuff you could just ignore it.

But this is a book putting our side (or at least as understood by the authors) of the story and it for charity.

Not answering a question from some random guy on the internet is not a crime.

I am anything but random btw...............the voice of Rangers is Furry.

Follow We Will: The Fall and Rise of Rangers [Paperback]

Colin Armstrong (Author), Iain Duff (Author), David Edgar (Author), Stewart Franklin (Author, Editor), John DC Gow (Author, Editor), Chris Graham (Author, Editor), Ross EJ Hendry (Author), David Kinnon (Author), Alasdair McKillop (Author, Editor), Gail Richardson (Author), Calvin Spence (Author), Richard Wilson (Author)

Follow We Will: The Fall and Rise of Rangers [Paperback]

Colin Armstrong (Author), Iain Duff (Author), David Edgar (Author), Stewart Franklin (Author, Editor), John DC Gow (Author, Editor), Chris Graham (Author, Editor), Ross EJ Hendry (Author), David Kinnon (Author), Alasdair McKillop (Author, Editor), Gail Richardson (Author), Calvin Spence (Author), Richard Wilson (Author)

No Rangers fans involved then :matron: :7325:

We've had quite a lot of people asking about a Kindle edition of the book. We are hoping it will be available at the same time as the paperback (around 1st July) but we don't have final confirmation yet. When we do we'll let people know.

Thanks again to everyone who has bought so far and hopefully once we release more details we can persuade some more of you to do the same!

Some more info on the book released today - including the front cover image and our two foreword writers:

http://www.therangersstandard.co.uk/index.php/trs-books

Thanks to everyone for their support of the site and book so far. Myself and the rest of the contributors really appreciate it.

Let's hope we can raise some decent funds for the RCF. :)

Some more info on the book released today - including the front cover image and our two foreword writers:

http://www.theranger...x.php/trs-books

Thanks to everyone for their support of the site and book so far. Myself and the rest of the contributors really appreciate it.

http://www.theranger...x.php/trs-books

Excellent cover Frankie, look forward to receiving my copy, you have excelled with your choice of the two foreward writers.to entice a legend who is held in the highest regard by all those who know him and who has defended our club as well as being informative and entertaining throughout the years is much appreciated. Oh and Walters not too bad either :dry:

Excellent cover Frankie, look forward to receiving my copy, you have excelled with your choice of the two foreward writers.to entice a legend who is held in the highest regard by all those who know him and who has defended our club as well as been informative and entertaining throughout the years is much appreciated. Oh and Walters not too bad either :dry:

:D

Graham Walker is certainly a valid contributor to the book but there's no doubt Walter's foreword is a real coup for us.

:D

Graham Walker is certainly a valid contributor to the book but there's no doubt Walter's foreword is a real coup for us.

Totally agree re - Walter. Having seen the list of contributors i've no doubt regarding either the quality or accuracy of the writing. Essential i feel to write a book giving a fair & unbiased account of what transpired at the club during this period.

Congratulations to all those who participated in this project.