RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

I haven't got the time to read through this thread, but where can I get a copy of this and what price is it?

I know we had that wee debate last week, but am not one of the ones that has anything against youu personally, would be quite hard from behind a screen for starters

, I actually enjoy your writing, so wouldn't mind a copy of this.

And if the profits go to charity, even better.

Which charities btw? Am guessing the usual ones of the RCF and Erskine?

Here is a link.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1908373687?ie=UTF8&force-full-site=1&ref_=aw_bottom_links

All author proceeds to the RCF.

Can you get it on ipad via itunes?

And can you delete the smith foreward for me :ph34r:

Not sure about iTunes as never used that myself for books. However, you can d/load the Kindle app for your smartphone/tablet which will enable you to transfer your purchase from Amazon any device linked to your account.

No sans-Smith versions I'm afraid... ;)

Can you get it on ipad via itunes?

And can you delete the smith foreward for me :ph34r:

Have to say I am looking forward to this book(would have bought it anyway re the Charity angle) So many contributing to the book, should give us a number of different thoughts as to what they believe happened. I wish they had a chapter relating to the away games and the impact we have brought to the SFL3

Would agree with you re Walter, surely they could have had CG(I know he isn't here now) as he was the one that basically gave us our football back and will know more than anyone as to what really went on.

And please before the snide remarks (silence is one also) come hurtling out from usual suspects , my comments are given free from any agenda and apt as to why Walter? He only appeared when all the shit was cleared re Admin then after CG and Co purchased the assets of the old Ltd Co prior to Liquidation.

For the vast majority of fans Walter Smith is an iconic Rangers legend we can all relate to and identify with. With that in mind, to have him write the foreword makes the book readily accessible for most and is a real honour for the authors/editors of the book.

I don't deny the positive aspects of Charles Green's time at the club but I don't think he's quite as credible in comparison. Rightly or wrongly he splits opinion and I'd rather avoid such conflict when looking for the benefits a well written foreword offers. Nevertheless I'm sure Charles will enjoy reading the book as much as anyone as it discusses the last year in a balanced, open fashion.

Do you not realise or acknowledge that Walter has always split opinions within the fan base.........from his Management style to his disappearance and his rebirth when the Club hd been saved by CG and his new Ltd Co.

Walter was not really out front during the whyte shambles and really only as mentioned appears when things sorted themselves(I know) out , re debt free Club and a rather derisory offer that made by the consortium he represented.

That's my personal disappointment re Walter and his choice of giving his blessing(oops) to the book . Find it strange you use the word 'honour' thought scoop or coup(uplifting publicity) more apt as it's not about the people who got together to write this take on our recent adventure from despair to joy and looks like despair again with our troubles being aired in public in the press, many believe this to be to be from our own people.

One quick question..... it would have been good to have had a Chapter with each of the contributors giving their account of the away day trips over the last season. I did not that you mentioned someone has written about this, but you cannot gt enough of good Rangers stories from other fans telling about their adventure.

This is in reply to post 108

Do you not realise or acknowledge that Walter has always split opinions within the fan base.........from his Management style to his disappearance and his rebirth when the Club hd been saved by CG and his new Ltd Co.

Walter was not really out front during the whyte shambles and really only as mentioned appears when things sorted themselves(I know) out , re debt free Club and a rather derisory offer that made by the consortium he represented.

That's my personal disappointment re Walter and his choice of giving his blessing(oops) to the book . Find it strange you use the word 'honour' thought scoop or coup(uplifting publicity) more apt as it's not about the people who got together to write this take on our recent adventure from despair to joy and looks like despair again with our troubles being aired in public in the press, many believe this to be to be from our own people.

One quick question..... it would have been good to have had a Chapter with each of the contributors giving their account of the away day trips over the last season. I did not that you mentioned someone has written about this, but you cannot gt enough of good Rangers stories from other fans telling about their adventure.

This is in reply to post 108

Walter Smith didn't disappear but retired from the manager's role after two successful spells. He was later invited onto the board by Charles Green who realised the credibility such an appointment gave his consortium.

No matter, we asked Walter to write our foreword on the basis of what he brought to the club as a whole. Sure, his management style may have split opinions but no-one can deny the success he brought to the club. Quite rightly he's viewed as a club legend so of course it was an absolute honour for the writers of the book when he accepted our invitation to write the foreword.

With regard to your final paragraph, we were aware another book was coming out which discussed the Third Division journey in the way you describe. Thus, it didn't make sense to clash with that - especially when our overall theme is somewhat different in any case.

To this day, Walter will still not have a bad word said against Murray. But then again why would he bite the hand of the person who fed him well, even after the mess the club has been left in.

I think there is a lot to criticise Walter Smith for and have done so myself many times over the years - be it his management tactics, his lack of vision in the 90s and the more recent debate about his suitability as a director/chairman. However, I would say such a debate isn't directly related to his foreword for a book aiming to raise money for charity.

Nevertheless, his comments make for interesting reading so I'm confident many more people will buy the book because of his involvement as opposed to people who may not because of his foreword.

Looks good, would have no problem even if the contributors wanted to keep the profits rather than donate to charity but I salute their generosity.

Never understood the idea that it's bad to make money from other Rangers fans.

• 2 weeks later...

Guy's we're looking for a few fan quotes about the last couple of years which we may be looking to use in the book.

If you'd like to see your name in print, post your thoughts below - preferably in no more than 140 characters and we'll hopefully be able to pick a few for use in the book. smile.gif

The publication date for the book has now been confirmed as the 15th July. For those who have pre ordered it should arrive by then and will be available in shops from that day. We also hope the Kindle version will be available that day or very soon after.

News to come soon on some events. Thanks again to all those who have already supported the book.

http://www.luath.co.uk/books/sport/follow-we-will-the-fall-and-rise-of-rangers.html

The publication date for the book has now been confirmed as the 15th July. For those who have pre ordered it should arrive by then and will be available in shops from that day. We also hope the Kindle version will be available that day or very soon after.

News to come soon on some events. Thanks again to all those who have already supported the book.

http://www.luath.co....of-rangers.html

really should have released it 3 days earlier. Imagine the meltdown :lol:

Just pre-ordered this, it's now only £6.89 due to its popularity :)

I'm sure Waterstones will be delighted at that. Amazon do like to corner the market.

Thanks to everyone who has bought (or intends to buy) the book.