RangersStandard Book - Follow We Will

Ace

I'm interested in where the money is going, the Author fees and the profits, someone is asking em to spend money on something i experienced with my own eyes, i am entitled to ask what would happen to the money.

==

And very little else about Rangers is of interest to you....

Thats interesting....

You are not spending your money so its fek all to do with you...

Though your interest in RCF is interesting.

Good god...please give this petty squabbling a rest. Frankie has answered the questions asked.

Let's be satisfied with that and stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Blue and True is clearly having a PMT moment. Try feminax to calm your nerves. The rest of you pack it in. You are now all looking very silly trying to outwit each other.

I'm interested in where the money is going, the Author fees and the profits, someone is asking em to spend money on something i experienced with my own eyes, i am entitled to ask what would happen to the money.

==

And very little else about Rangers is of interest to you....

Thats interesting....

You are not spending your money so its fek all to do with you...

Though your interest in RCF is interesting.

Your interest in my lack of interest in Rangers...is in fact interesting.

Here's a short FAQ for those interested:

http://www.theranger...books/book-faqs

When is the book available to buy?

Paper copies should be out around the 15th July and the electronic versions (Kindle, iTunes etc) at the same time or possibly just after. The book will officially be launched on the 29th July at Ibrox Stadium.

Where can I buy the book?

The book will be available from all good book shops and online via Amazon, Luath and Waterstones. You can already pre-order the book from these sites. Overseas bears can buy the book from Amazon.com

What's it about?

The book was written by Rangers fans, for Rangers fans in order to document the last two years from the supporters' perspective. We have various contributions from a wide variety of fans, journalists and club figures. Each fan submission was written by previous contributors to the TRS website.

Is money going to charity?

Yes, all author proceeds (a percentage of all sales) will be donated to the Rangers Charity Foundation.

Is this a charity book?

No, although we decided that donating the author proceeds was an extra bonus, the book was written primarily to give the Rangers fans' side of the story.

Who profits from the book?

Our publisher Luath Press has devoted lots of time and money into releasing the book so understandably any profits beyond the author royalties will go to them - after the usual production costs. The authors and those associated with 'The Rangers Standard' website do not profit.

Any other questions?

A press release shall be made available before launch but if anyone has questions please contact us at info@therangersstandard.co.uk

Frankie , how many copies are being printed for first edition?

Good god...please give this petty squabbling a rest. Frankie has answered the questions asked.

Let's be satisfied with that and stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Blue and True is clearly having a PMT moment. Try feminax to calm your nerves. The rest of you pack it in. You are now all looking very silly trying to outwit each other.

It may well be PMT

However aside from the petty basis for some of this debate.

I would question some of the input and its motivation.

Next time the foundation is being attacked remember this thread.

It may well be PMT

However aside from the petty basis for some of this debate.

I would question some of the input and its motivation.

Next time the foundation is being attacked remember this thread.

Which foundation are we discussing here because now I am lost?

Actually nevermind....I don't want tangled up in this discussion. If you all really need to needlessly squabble then might I suggest a good old fashioned fisty cuff to get this masculinity thing out of your systems.

If some of you don't want to buy the book then don't buy the book and leave it at that. For those of you that do, then well done.

I am intrigued by it and WILL buy it once I have finished reading The Gallant Pioneers (great book so far). I am happy the author proceeds are going to RCF. That is good enough for me, even if it isn't for others.

There are a lot of groups doing things for the good of our charity. It shouldn't matter a jot WHO contributes. The fact some of us do, SHOULD matter.

Now for the love of Rangers, chill out.

Which foundation are we discussing here because now I am lost?

Actually nevermind....I don't want tangled up in this discussion. If you all really need to needlessly squabble then might I suggest a good old fashioned fisty cuff to get this masculinity thing out of your systems.

If some of you don't want to buy the book then don't buy the book and leave it at that. For those of you that do, then well done.

I am intrigued by it and WILL buy it once I have finished reading The Gallant Pioneers (great book so far). I am happy the author proceeds are going to RCF. That is good enough for me, even if it isn't for others.

There are a lot of groups doing things for the good of our charity. It shouldn't matter a jot WHO contributes. The fact some of us do, SHOULD matter.

Now for the love of Rangers, chill out.

I will do a reading from the book on Rangers Chat.

I've just removed over 50 posts of petty, personal, snidey shite (from both sides of this bickering). I'm having to do this more and more often, and I'm frankly sick of it. Many posts, reports and PMs suggest this is a feeling I share with a large number of posters on this forum. I'm not going to indulge the people doing the bickering at the expense of the forum. Free speech is all well and good, a question was asked and answered. To continue a petty bitchfest after that was unnecessary.

Some of you have already been warned personally, the rest can take this as a warning - continue with this ruining of threads with petty personal digs and bickering and you will find yourselves unable to ruin any more.

I've just removed over 50 posts of petty, personal, snidey shite (from both sides of this bickering). I'm having to do this more and more often, and I'm frankly sick of it. Many posts, reports and PMs suggest this is a feeling I share with a large number of posters on this forum. I'm not going to indulge the people doing the bickering at the expense of the forum. Free speech is all well and good, a question was asked and answered. To continue a petty bitchfest after that was unnecessary.

Some of you have already been warned personally, the rest can take this as a warning - continue with this ruining of threads with petty personal digs and bickering and you will find yourselves unable to ruin any more.

Well said (tu)

Welcome post from bluepeter.

I'm afraid that anyone suggesting that they will reproduce the book in either written or audio form, such as reading it on a phone in, will not be able to do so without our permission. Obviously we are happy to work with any genuine people if they want to get involved and we'll certainly try to accommodate requests. Others should be aware of copyright laws.

I'm afraid that anyone suggesting that they will reproduce the book in either written or audio form, such as reading it on a phone in, will not be able to do so without our permission. Obviously we are happy to work with any genuine people if they want to get involved and we'll certainly try to accommodate requests. Others should be aware of copyright laws.

Duly noted Fury. So would you be willing to appear on the show to discuss the book to generate more interest? ;) This invitation is of course extended to ALL the authors of the book :)

What about if we sponsor him to do it for the charity?

let us hope he talks like a eunuch

Frankie my original estimated delivery date from Amazon was 9th of July - is there a bit of a delay in view of the fact you have posted the 15th ?

Afraid so. Beyond our control but there may be a slight delay. Amazon sometimes deliver ahead of schedule though.

Apologies for any inconvenience mate.

This bickering has to stop. There are posters, bloggers etc whom I have a lot of time and respect for ( on all sides ). I always look forward to what they have to say but it saddens me when its like this, it really does. Were never all going to agree but when it goes beyond that it just diminishes everything.

Were now arguing about charity ffs ! Is it really worth all this ? To me its a nice gesture, the icing onthe cake if you like , but not a necessity. Would I buy the book if it wasn't going to charity ? Of course I would. Much the same way if I buy a Rangers book out the Rangers shop with all likelihood its not going to charity.

Like I said your all great posters and RM is richer because of it, but just think how much better it would be if you fed off each other instead of attack. Resting In My Account said in another thread we could be an army if we unite - and he's right. Sadly we'll never achieve that if our quality posters are at each others throats.

This new book is coming out. One I'm looking forward to where for once we'll hear the story from our point of view for a change. The writers and those involved have put a lot of time and effort into it. I'm sure it will be a success and a marvelous achievement and this shouldn't be ruined for them by petty squabbling. It's for all our benefit and maybe, just maybe, it can start to unite us.

Now that would be a postscript.

Snidey...Just saying.