Hearts Majority Owner UBIG Is Insolvent

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About two weeks ago we had Hearts and the SPL telling us everything was hunky dory. So when did the 100,000 tax bill arrive, the morning after the all clear? Looks like a cover up from where I'm sitting.

This is the club that couldn't pay its players and tax when it was receiving money from its parent company. Now we are expected to believe that now they haven't been getting get this cash for months they can suddenly cover the bills they couldn't pay before. This just doesn't add up, that is unless somebody has been propping them up on the quiet behind the scenes. Now I wonder who would want to do that?

The missing £100k is PAYE - no notice of where the PAYE was from (ie which month/s) but as it is a known expense, which should have been remitted on time, then a charge of "bringing the game into disrepute" should be forthcoming.

Added to the fact that deliberately continuing to trade and incur further expenses when you know you cannot fulfill your bills as they fall due is the definition of trading whilst insolvent, which is illegal.

What will happen - expect a bail out from the SPL - bringing forward prize money payments or similar.

What should happen - throw the book the Hearts were a party to writing, at them.

And the same, the exact same, for any other team.

About two weeks ago we had Hearts and the SPL telling us everything was hunky dory. So when did the 100,000 tax bill arrive, the morning after the all clear? Looks like a cover up from where I'm sitting.

This is the club that couldn't pay its players and tax when it was receiving money from its parent company. Now we are expected to believe that now they haven't been getting get this cash for months they can suddenly cover the bills they couldn't pay before. This just doesn't add up, that is unless somebody has been propping them up on the quiet behind the scenes. Now I wonder who would want to do that?

You really should change your username to The Speculator.

No one cares though mate. Most SPL supporters don't care.

Wasn't really talking about they fuds. I'm talking about the SPL / SFA and HMRC. who seem to letting them away with it. How many winding up orders have HMRC given hearts?

They done a deal last time with them, thought they never done deals?

You really should change your username to The Speculator.

Maybe, but if couldn't pay the bills with cash coming in from the parent company how can they do it without? Don't forget that there is a gap between the end of the season and the pay out from the league where clubs have no significant income bar season ticket sales. I haven't seen any reports of folk waiting for their ticket office to open, have you?