Champions League Final

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same breath, you're forgetting Ribery's flying elbow smash.

Robben didn't deserve to score the winner, he'd been gash the ninety minutes.

Therefore, Robben deserved to score the winner for his perseverance and never say die attitude. :D

In the same breath, you're forgetting Ribery's flying elbow smash.

Robben didn't deserve to score the winner, he'd been gash the ninety minutes.

"flying elbow smash" :lol:

He barely even touched him and it was not a full on swing. Lewandowski deliberately stamped on Boateng maliciously away from the ball. Ribery's was in a battle for the ball. A yellow card yes, but not a red IMO.

Robben was the most dangerous player on the park, he should have scored earlier but wasn't gash, combination of good saves and poor finishing but his goal was excellently taken.

I know people don't like him and I can understand why from him on the pitch but I think he comes across really well in interviews and stuff. If I could have chosen the player to score the winner tonight it would have been him without a doubt, he needed this.

Ribery, Dante and Lewandoski all should have walked. Particularly Dante, the other two were debatable/out of the referees view. Watching Ribery and Robben lift that made me a little sick in the mouth.

Souness is a fucking terrible pundit. He's lucky that Jamie Redknapp sits next to him.

Jamie Redknapp is like his father,a pair of flanelling cnuts that come NOWHERE near what Souness has acheived in his football career,always state the obvoius unlike Souness...

Jupp Heynkes what a way to go out - he was sacked 8 days after he won the european cup

for Real Madrid - then he knew that Pep Guardiola was replacing him next season

yet he has won the budesliga with bayern at a canter 26 points clear signed off with big ears

the champions league trophy .

This guy didnt manage an english premiership team and never will - Sky Tv a kick in the b***s to the best league in the world.

Jupp Heynkes what a way to go out - he was sacked 8 days after he won the european cup

yet he has won the budesliga with bayern at a canter 26 points clear signed off with big ears

This guy didnt manage an english premiership team and never will - Sky Tv a kick in the b***s to the best league in the world.

What a player as well,he was part of the teams that won the European Championship [Euro's now] and the World Cup,can that over-rated FOOTBALL person Mourinho say that????.A very humble and top class coach,because at the end of the day its the PLAYERS that win things not THE MANAGER....

That's twice he's not been allowed to defend his European Cup :anguish:

I can't remember a better cup final, never mind Champions League final. Disappointed Dortmund didn't win it in the end, but over the whole tournament I don't think anyone can really begrudge Bayern the victory: the game was Dortmund's to lose.

Dortmund fans though: tremendous support, outsang Bayern all night - even after the whistle - and stayed behind to applaud the side.

What a player as well,he was part of the teams that won the European Championship [Euro's now] and the World Cup,can that over-rated FOOTBALL person Mourinho say that????.A very humble and top class coach,because at the end of the day its the PLAYERS that win things not THE MANAGER....

Mourinho's playing career is utterly irrelevant to judging him as a coach.

Not if those making the comparisons have a particular outcome in mind.

Mourinho may not be everyone's cup of tea as a person but i find it staggering how people try and downplay his quality as a manager. His record at a relatively young age is up there with anything and even this Madrid spell where it hasn't really worked out he still won a league title.

Mourinho may not be everyone's cup of tea as a person but i find it staggering how people try and downplay his quality as a manager. His record at a relatively young age is up there with anything and even this Madrid spell where it hasn't really worked out he still won a league title.

Heynckes was the Borussia Monchengladbach manager in the UEFA Cup Final - in 1980. Mourinho was the Porto manager at the same stage - in 2003. They can compare their successes in 2036. ;)