Ally's signings so far?

CalvinC

Again I don't necessarily think teams "parked the bus" this season and likewise the approach from the SFL2 teams will be very similar to what we have faced this year.....My biggest issue with this season was we had no plan B....If we couldn't break teams down well that was that....we lacked intensity and fluency in our play and in the final 3rd, barring a few games we seemed short of ideas. This season we need to press much higher and quicker to put these teams under more pressure, we need to maintain our width to stretch them and move the ball quicker to get in behind, create chances and ultimately to not give them the chance to break up the play by fouling. I hope the new players make a difference but ultimately the whole ethos has to change, regardless who plays.,

I definitely think that the majority of teams this last season were keen to sit in and defend and hit us on the break, for my money that's parking the bus to a large degree, but that's just opinion. We were dreadfully short on ideas but that's not necessarily going to change much this coming season, unless Law can bring something else. Agreed on the last bit, Ally needs to watch a few dvds and maybe hire a new coach on attacking movement.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pleased with the signings so far and glad we have them done so early. I agree we need defenders but I haven't seem or heard of any defenders out of contract that sound like they would be good signings.

Zaliuskas, Hutchinson and Barr are three from the top of my head

We've brought in good players. Far too good for the level we're at that's for sure. It'll be expensive on wages and it could possibly limit the chances our youth players will get. This is the way Ally wants to do things and we just need to accept it. I can see us lining up with either a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1:

Bell

Argyriou McCulloch Cribari Wallace

Humphrey Law McLeod Templeton

Clark Daly

Bell

Black McLeod

Law Shiels Templeton

Daly

One of the biggest myths from last season was every team upping their game against us and it was their wee cup final, that's bullshit if anything we got brought down to their level - a lot of times were actually pish but could still outplay us if that makes sense and is not too much of a contradiction

I really hope Ally plays two upfront this year, I know a lot of teams play with one up front, top class teams play it. They have the players to play the 4-5-1 ----4-3-3 but were playing in Division 2 ffs. I really hope he plays 2 up top this season.

We've brought in good players. Far too good for the level we're at that's for sure. It'll be expensive on wages and it could possibly limit the chances our youth players will get. This is the way Ally wants to do things and we just need to accept it. I can see us lining up with either a 4-4-2 or a 4-2-3-1:

Bell

Humphrey Law McLeod Templeton

Clark Daly

Bell

Black McLeod

Law Shiels Templeton

Daly

I will crey if Ally goes with one up front this season again. He is playing in Division 2 ffs. Its not champions lg football he is playing.

Very pleased so far, if we can get a good couple of CBs then we are good to go. Alot depends on our style of play, Allys been making noises about a more attacking style so im prepared to write off last season and start again now and see how we develop now we will have no transfer ban, clearly plenty of time to get players signed and a full preseason there is no more excuses.

Because we are Rangers, breaking records is what we do.

Actually ah Cannae argue with that, it would be nice to go through a season unbeaten. Oh all right win the league with a record point tally, win the Ramsden, and reach the final of one of the cups, wit a final that would be 200k bears in Glasgow.

Actually ah Cannae argue with that, it would be nice to go through a season unbeaten. Oh all right win the league with a record point tally, win the Ramsden, and reach the final of one of the cups, wit a final that would be 200k bears in Glasgow.

We can do that its within our means but we have to improve 100% from last season and have no fear just attack and score. If any Rangers manager needed to stamp a style of play on the team its Ally and as a striker he should understand the frustrations of being asked to play up front on your own, even Nicky Clark's having to talk about it and saying hes prepared to play up on his own if he has too, much better to have at least two strikers and someone just behind them.

Honduras is the 'murder capital' of the World. Settling in Glasgow should be easy :matron:

Haha is it? I thought it was Juarez, Tijuana. Fuck sake lol. I just hope the lad can enjoy Nandos and we need to make sure Homeland has Spanish subtitles.

Haha is it? I thought it was Juarez, Tijuana. Fuck sake lol. I just hope the lad can enjoy Nandos and we need to make sure Homeland has Spanish subtitles.

Stop mentioning nandos - driving me nuts -- don't :000000082: even know what the fuk it is

Stop mentioning nandos - driving me nuts -- don't :000000082: even know what the fuk it is

Haha you cannot call yourself a true Rangers man if you don't like Nandos. Haha naw its a fast food joint, a shite sorta mexican place that our players absolutely love. Always tweeting and talking about going to.

Haha you cannot call yourself a true Rangers man if you don't like Nandos. Haha naw its a fast food joint, a shite sorta mexican place that our players absolutely love. Always tweeting and talking about going to.

More of a Taco Bell man masel --- lol --- cheers.