Ally's signings so far?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until we get a centre back that can consistently win the ball in the air we will be no better than last season.Bell is a shot stopper and is not going to dominate the box so our priority must be a ball winning centre back (preferably one that can run quicker than last seasons offerings) and a right back who can defend,move Black to defensive midfield instead of trying to be a play maker and get Hutton to fuck.Happy with the signings and I don't know if it was me or not but how can part time postman et al appear to be fitter than our lads,so fitness needs working on.See you all in Sheffield.

Until we get a centre back that can consistently win the ball in the air we will be no better than last season.Bell is a shot stopper and is not going to dominate the box so our priority must be a ball winning centre back (preferably one that can run quicker than last seasons offerings) and a right back who can defend,move Black to defensive midfield instead of trying to be a play maker and get Hutton to fuck.Happy with the signings and I don't know if it was me or not but how can part time postman et al appear to be fitter than our lads,so fitness needs working on.See you all in Sheffield.

Can't argue with a word of that. It baffled me how plumbers and taxi drivers and lads on the nightshift were up outlasting us, a professional full time team. Fitness better improve, and a solid CB or two and were laughing.

I really hope Ally plays two upfront this year, I know a lot of teams play with one up front, top class teams play it. They have the players to play the 4-5-1 ----4-3-3 but were playing in Division 2 ffs. I really hope he plays 2 up top this season.

And I hope its Clark and Little

Reserving judgement until they are played. Last season a remarkable coaching and managerial feat was achieved of turning average wine into grey water with many of the players signed from SPL clubs. Nothing has changed on the coaching front - no fresh thinking added there and no change of Manager. The same squad - less any who leave before the season starts - will have to get through the first month of the season with the odd introduction of new players as trialists. The performances in the last few months were dire to the point of being off the scale of measurement. That sort of form continued at the start of next season against (probably) better opposition could see a very bad start to the season with new players having to bear the pressure of playing catch up when they can all be deployed in Sept. We'll see then if they have the mental strength and ability to handle playing for Rangers at that time.

Reserving judgement until they are played. Last season a remarkable coaching and managerial feat was achieved of turning average wine into grey water with many of the players signed from SPL clubs. Nothing has changed on the coaching front - no fresh thinking added there and no change of Manager. The same squad - less any who leave before the season starts - will have to get through the first month of the season with the odd introduction of new players as trialists. The performances in the last few months were dire to the point of being off the scale of measurement. That sort of form continued at the start of next season against (probably) better opposition could see a very bad start to the season with new players having to bear the pressure of playing catch up when they can all be deployed in Sept. We'll see then if they have the mental strength and ability to handle playing for Rangers at that time.

So what your basically saying is, your optimistic and looking forward to next season?

The biggest area of improvement needed has still not been touched.

We need a defence that doesn't crumble every time a ball enters the box.

This.

He needs to decide whats happenin with boca and goian and i hope he has some solid players on his to buy list if they go, which i think they will.

I still think we'll have a back 4 which has been patched by McCulloch or otherwise he will be a holding midfielder which is as good as 5 at the back

We need 4-3-3 next season IMO or otherwise 4-4-2 with an attacking midfield.

Hard to disagree with that.

Just hoping that with a year under their belts some of these players will start to perform. Augmented with these new signings lets hope not just wins but something we can all look forward to.

How many games at the beginning of the season will the new signings miss.

We can play them in the league from the start as trialists... but only two per game for a maximum of three games each.

If a trialist plays a Ramsdens Cup game then it counts towards the total.

League Cup does not have the same rule and no trialists are allowed.