'No Surrender' and songs against the IRA, not offensive

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a thought - if no one is charged or otherwise for singing / shouting NO SURRENDER would this set a precedent for us to use in future should any unfortunate Brother / Sister find themselves in court charged with shouting singing the same?

Legal opinion required!

My thoughts are - if it is used tonight and (hopefully) no one is charged, would we then be discriminated against and not treated equally?

Would that then prove a biased agenda against us?

running paralell to this,

is the judgement by an Inverness court yesterday,

that singing the "role of honour" did not break Scots law because, even though it was offensive it wasn't likely to be a breach of the peace since nobody in the surrounding seats were likely to object

There was a story in the rags today I seem about some mutant looking tim who has been let off from singing pro IRA songs because they were unlikely to cause a riot.....yet a young rangers fan got jailed a few months back for singing fuck the pope up in Inverness....the rules and standards seem to be very different for them.....their songs are political don't you know yet ours are sectarian....fucking hate this country sometimes!

Right, let's get this cleared up once and for all...

FTP IS Sectarian and Illegal that is why the guy got the Jail

Other songs we sing, Derry's Walls etc with NO SECTARIAN ADD ONS, while some may class offensive are not due to the test that is in the law that cannot be satisfied.

I am willing to bet that if there was a court case involving some of our songs that have NO SECTARIAN ELEMENTS to them then we would be able to win the cases since the principles are the same (I actually read the stuff that the Sheriff said and am aware of the Crown appeal against the Dundee case AND the arguments used.)

That lot sing about Ireland being a nation again.....pretty much the same sentiment as Flower Of Scotland

We sing about our pride to be in the Union and our defence against the rebels that they sing about.

WHEN WILL SOME OF YOU REALISE THAT WE CANNOT USE FTP AND INSULTS INCLUDING THE WORD FENIAN IN THEM!

Do any of you go around singing Racist songs and insulting people of different races?

I would hope you didn't because, like most of us we do not like it and it is illegal.

Yet some of the people on here still do not understand that sectarian stuff is now Illegal!

Time to get into the 21st century!

running paralell to this,

is the judgement by an Inverness court yesterday,

that singing the "role of honour" did not break Scots law because, even though it was offensive it wasn't likely to be a breach of the peace since nobody in the surrounding seats were likely to object

And the SAME principle applies for Father's Advice, Derry's Walls, The Sash.

As long as there is NOTHING sectarian in it.