Heysel.

I'd been to the Heysel for a Scotland/Belgium game before the tragedy.

Was an okay wee ground with excellent transport link on shuttles to the ground. Did not see any problems, the Belgians and Belgian people were great, even though we lost, there was no trouble.

As I watched the run-up the Liverpool game the cameras focused on the Liverpool fans taunting and bombarding the Juventus fans who were unlucky enough to have got put in the wrong end. Then the bastards surged towards them....tragic, but obvious who caused it.

The Belgian police and the ground got most the blame. It was Liverpool fans fault but every team in England got a ban.

To put my views in perspective I will say the most awful and tragic thing In have seen at a football match were those poor Hillsborough victims. Mostly the fault of the authorities for putting the fences in, in my opinion, and the police got the crowd control totally wrong (no excuse for those decisions they made). No fault on the fans there.

Things are never quite as black and white as they appear. I was invited round to visit friends that night, a meal and then watch the game. When we turned on the TV we could hardly believe our eyes. One thing has always stuck in my mind, there was a brief shot as the camera scanned the crowd of Italian fans of one appearing to hold a hand gun. I've never seen that clip repeated anywhere since, but there were four of us watching and we all agreed that was what we saw.

Things are never quite as black and white as they appear. I was invited round to visit friends that night, a meal and then watch the game. When we turned on the TV we could hardly believe our eyes. One thing has always stuck in my mind, there was a brief shot as the camera scanned the crowd of Italian fans of one appearing to hold a hand gun. I've never seen that clip repeated anywhere since, but there were four of us watching and we all agreed that was what we saw.

That was at the other end of the ground. It was identified as most probably being a starter's pistol.

And poor crowd segregation. Were tickets for that part of the ground not sold to supporters of both clubs?

And poor crowd segregation. Were tickets for that part of the ground not sold to supporters of both clubs?

Tickets for one section of each end were on sale to supporters of either club or neutrals.

Rome 84 was the background of this with many Liverpool fans stabbed,however what happened in Heysel was appalling .

What happened at Heysel was a complete accident, albeit caused by things which were just part of the scene at that time, and no Liverpool fans went there with the thought of killing those Juventus supporters.

It is the contrast between how the chip on the shoulder mob have viewed Heysel and Hillsborough in the subsequent years which sticks in the craw of many.

What happened at Heysel was a complete accident, albeit caused by things which were just part of the scene at that time, and no Liverpool fans went there with the thought of killing those Juventus supporters.

It is the contrast between how the chip on the shoulder mob have viewed Heysel and Hillsborough in the subsequent years which sticks in the craw of many.

It's not called selfpity city for nothing

A disaster at that stadium was waiting to happen, given the reports at the time. That's not to excuse the scousers, they're to blame as much as anyone in this, maybe more so. As someone said, the contrast in attitudes from them over this and Hillsborough is startling.

:lol:

That's your answer ? Showing me a clip of ManYoo getting beat ? :lol: I fucking HATE Man United.

Nae luck.

You hate Man U but enjoy watching the pitiful renditions of their so called fans!! Sounds like a split personality to me!

You hate Man U but enjoy watching the pitiful renditions of their so called fans!

When it's aimed at the murdering scousers ? Fucking absolutely.

If there was a video of Rangers fans singing it I would've posted it but there isn't so I couldnt.