Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

A chairman is really nothing more than a figurehead.....it's not a full time position and although I'm not one of those who believe Walter is the only man who can save us I think it's a smart move by the board and hopefully things can calm down now and we can move forward!

Agreed

To many get chairman and CEO mixed up

Happy with this if true

The chairman doesn't need to be a businessman.

These days its the Chief Exec who does all that side of things.

The chairman is a public face of the club and is the link between the football side & finance side.

Walter seems to be onside with Mather and Stockbridge who continue to impress.

Could be a sign that peace has been declared.

Only part of the story that really caught my eye, was Gary Ralston has his name on this back page story..........now not for the first time Gary has recently come out with news like this.................where's Jackson? as he does love to see his name on the big stories, have they left him off to give the story a more believable slant or has Jackson like Daly perhaps been asked certain questions relating to information he has released over the last 18 months or so?

Hope to hear that CG is back at the Club before the weekend.

Happy with this. In Walter we trust.

Me too.

Would he sack Ally, should he, and the club, need to?

I'm not sure but he'd only be one board member with one vote. There should and, I expect would, ensure we had proper qualified business people in place for each role.

@fudgie.

Yer better to keep your mouth shut tbh. Ally durrant and kenny mac all participated and carried a coffin at an orange funeral a couple of months back in drumchapel. Easy enough to find out who's if you care enough.

I know some right bitter bastards who have been pallbearers at tarrier funerals. None have participated in the mass.

Ps fuck burns, this is about rangers

Was this Walters price for staying ?

Makes about as much sense as sacking ally and bringing back Charlie Green to manage the team.

Investors ain't daft and will see this sop for what it is.

I suspect there will be more to follow.

As a figure head position it is a no brainer. I would hope that if he has taken the role for the good of the club, that any tough decisions will be taken for the good of the club.

While it may be a return to the dignified silence, I am sure Walter wouldn't want to see a return to the days that put us in this turmoil. At the end of the day he is only one man of a board, but is a highly respected public face for the club.

What is the problem with Smith as Chairman.

In a PLC with no majority shareholder, the Chairman is often simply a figurehead.

The guy who runs the show is the CEO, and at present that is Mather (in an interim capacity).

FFS, we all know that across the city, it is never their Chairman who does anything, but Liewell

Cometh the hour cometh the Man......again and again and again! Well done Walter........Great News as a figurehead it's spot on, as a answer to the conspirators outside the club they can't question his fit and proper criteria.

To all the Rangers men haters on here who have wanted him rid of or calling him inept in a business capacity....think again!

What is the problem with Smith as Chairman.

In a PLC with no majority shareholder, the Chairman is often simply a figurehead.

The guy who runs the show is the CEO, and at present that is Mather (in an interim capacity).

FFS, we all know that across the city, it is never their Chairman who does anything, but Liewell

The problem is that he represents everything that is bad about RFC

Lover of minty Check

Dignified silence. Check

Refusal to defend the club Check

Refusal to defend the fans. Check

Wine and dine with those who seek our destruction. Check

He has already stuck his nose into the managers roll when he had no right to do so.

In short he is the last person we should be wanting to be involved in any club business other than giving him a free couple of seats for past contributions.

The chairman doesn't need to be a businessman.

These days its the Chief Exec who does all that side of things.

The chairman is a public face of the club and is the link between the football side & finance side.

Walter seems to be onside with Mather and Stockbridge who continue to impress.

Could be a sign that peace has been declared.

I can't help but think you're completely underestimating the role of chairman of our club.