Walter Smith - Non-Executive Chairman Confirmed by LSE

That comment reminds me of a post on here many years ago.

It was from a moderator called Danny and it was in the midst of discussions about Barry Ferguson's ability.

Danny felt BF MUST be a good player because he always got a good rating on computer related management games.

Danny also though Bob Malcolm was a world-class passer of the ball. Ouch!

That comment reminds me of a post on here many years ago.

It was from a moderator called Danny and it was in the midst of discussions about Barry Ferguson's ability.

Danny felt BF MUST be a good player because he always got a good rating on computer related management games.

They let any old lunatic moderate on here. ;)

Spot on. Walter can do basically fuck all. All he's there for is to chair boardroom meetings.

It's the CEO that's the boss, the person who hires and fires people.

If Ally has to be sacked, it will be the CEO that does it.

Would you care to remind us all what happened when green was about to punt mccoists two assistants.

They let any old lunatic moderate on here. ;)

As a side note he contacted me recently on twitter and I happened to have a look through some of his recent tweets....I noticed on one of them he was suggesting Charlie Mulgrew was the best defender in the SPL.....

Perhaps he gets a good rating on Football Manager 2013,,,

Would you care to remind us all what happened when green was about to punt mccoists two assistants.

Do we know that he was going to get rid of them, could it have been someone knowing that this was a possibility and put the story out to try and head it off.

A Manger who is struggling(yes we won a 3rd division with out a preseason , I still laugh at the preseason carp excuse. When A Manager is under pressure and the Board don't sack him as it could cause a backlash or perhaps they want to give him more time, they may say ..........we will stand by you but you have to replace your Coaches............now like everything regarding our Club we do not know what goes on............although others will have us believe they do know what's going on.

He doesn't need to be a businessman to be chairman....it's really a figure head role....it's not a full time position and he will have no more say or influence than he currently has....it's a smart move though because short term it offers some stability....mathers seems to be doing quite well as CEO so once googly eyes runs out of headed note paper (and pricks like Thomson stop jumping to his beat) we can get a bit of stability finally and move forward!

Do we know that he was going to get rid of them, could it have been someone knowing that this was a possibility and put the story out to try and head it off.

A Manger who is struggling(yes we won a 3rd division with out a preseason , I still laugh at the preseason carp excuse. When A Manager is under pressure and the Board don't sack him as it could cause a backlash or perhaps they want to give him more time, they may say ..........we will stand by you but you have to replace your Coaches............now like everything regarding our Club we do not know what goes on............although others will have us believe they do know what's going on.

All the shitstrom for green started at the same time it was widely reported, by a great many people from all factions, that he was about to get rid of durrant and McDowell. The rangers men went into action.

If they showed as much zeal for protecting RFC as they do with their own selfs we would be ruling the roost in Scottish football.

Self interest FC is what we should be called.

I'm out of this One.Just last week he was Leaving and the UB and RST make a Statement and next Day Walter is Chairman. WTF

Who said he was leaving? Your first mistake is believing pricks like Jackson and the nonsense printed in the rags.....you don't seriously think yesterday's statement had any influence on Walter allegedly becoming chairman?

Stupid move - the man knows the club but has zero business experience.

Twat comment, the Chairman is really a figurehead and PR type role, the real day to day power lies with the CEO hence Chuck was CEO so he could actually get involved in the daily business. Anyhow IMO Walter is the perfect man for Chairman, he is well known and respected by all football people and of course he is a real Rangers man and legend, so if true I'm delighted.

Twat comment, the Chairman is really a figurehead and PR type role, the real day to day power lies with the CEO hence Chuck was CEO so he could actually get involved in the daily business. Anyhow IMO Walter is the perfect man for Chairman, he is well known and respected by all football people and of course he is a real Rangers man and legend, so if true I'm delighted.

I would suggest that the Chairman of a football club is a lot more than a figurehead.

The problem is that he represents everything that is bad about RFC

Lover of minty Check

Dignified silence. Check

Refusal to defend the club Check

Refusal to defend the fans. Check

Wine and dine with those who seek our destruction. Check

He has already stuck his nose into the managers roll when he had no right to do so.

In short he is the last person we should be wanting to be involved in any club business other than giving him a free couple of seats for past contributions.

Just to be sure, you are a Rangers Fan. Check

I would suggest that the Chairman of a football club is a lot more than a figurehead.

Depends on the role. For example, Karl-Heinz Rummenigge and Uli Hoeneß perform executive chairman and president roles at Bayern - even if the latter does have a business background. Rummenigge is also acting chair of the ECA if I recall correctly.

I'm not saying Walter has the same CV but this isn't a unique appointment.