New kits on official website

MonTheGers

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

More like are you serious?

Rangers fans have been making mock-up Puma kits since the day it was announced Puma were our new kit-makers, and I have to agree; Would it honestly of hurt Rangers to put a few of these designs forward to Puma? Was completely underwhelmed by these kits, fan mock ups looked brilliant.

Even if they were to browse forums for opinions, a half dozen folk whinging is nothing compared to the millions of Rangers fans in the world.

If you look at some of the detail on the home top I think it will look good in real life....the bands of white and red on the sleeve cuff look class, the embroidery of the crest is quality and the blue is spot on. The shots are taken with a shirt fresh out of the pack, all creased up and the wrong size taken in full sunlight.

Compare that to the Nike style staged/studio kit release photos and this is always going to look worse.

Confident it will be a belter in real life.

He looks like a wee guy about to run out for a Sunday league team in XL shorts.

I'm actually quite concerned how down market, even amateurish, it all is by official launch standards. Our home kit modelled, with creases in it, by a guy who it is a couple of sizes too big for.

This bothers me a little bit. I like the kits well enough but the standard of the launch leaves a lot to be desired.

He looks like a wee guy about to run out for a Sunday league team in XL shorts.

I'm actually quite concerned how down market, even amateurish, it all is by official launch standards. Our home kit modelled, with creases in it, by a guy who it is a couple of sizes too big for.

It is only a little thing, but we're going to sell a lot of these, we maybe aren't major players on the park just now, but we are still major players when it comes to merchandise sales. Look at other clubs of comparable fan base, and look at there kit launches, are we genuinely happy with how we are portrayed? I'm sure most of you don't care, but things like this are important and should be slick and professional.

Your comments on this thread today are spot on Badger.

We are a HUGE club, ok we are playing in the lower leagues but we pay top dollar for players and our fans still sell out stadiums so you would think we would make a wee bit of effort for a new kit launch especially since it's our first with Puma.

I don't think much thought has gone into our kits in terms of design and of course the launch itself.

Let's be honest, not a patch on last season's home kit which is a hard act to follow, right down to the reduced size sponsor motif it featured.

The away tops are okay... all three look truly generic, quality does not scream out to me.

Maybe have a look at the other gear for holiday this year, looked like there was a few nice items in the new shop at the airport from the photos.

Just don't wear football tops anymore. Even playing fives I don't wear a football top.

Are you even sure it's football you are playing?

I very rarely wear a Rangers top when playing 5's but will definitely be buying the away kit when it's available!

Just don't wear football tops anymore. Even playing fives I don't wear a football top.

Disnae matter.

Frame them, donate them to Africa or some shit, hang them like wee flags outside your house, dress your dog (or cat, or hamster) in them, but get them bought!