What say the RST and pals?

thehost

Now we have the latest stitch up of Scottish football.

Now we have a CEO talking about being humble.

Now we have a club seemingly intent on having the biggest squad with little to no reference being made to financial control.

Now we have a chairman who seems determined to never open his mouth.

Now we have a board for Scottish football that excludes the country's biggest club (yes fury we ain't on

Are you now publically going to:

Ask about our TV revenue, upon which most of this charade is based.

Ask about the treatment of Hearts and when they are going to be subject to the same rules as ourselves?

Ask why Dunfermline haven't been subject to the same punishments that we faced?

Or do we only do press releases when it suits the political ambitions of a few folk?

You got your board of Rangers men, I hope you are happy with what you helped create.

Do we not have to wait until Dunfermline and Hearts get liquidated before we start challenging the SPL-SFA

I'll defer to your better knowledge of the law (and Latin) than mine but, as I posted yesterday, I'm still not sure a lengthy and costly court case is the best course of action.

I do absolutely agree though the club need to be much stronger in their strategy. And once again, if they communicated better with all fans (online or not) then perhaps we'd be less likely to argue over issues that may already be being actioned.

Who would fight this long and lengthy court case, an organisation that couldn't afford to face up to celtic's advocate McBride in a court ?

Who would fight this long and lengthy court case, an organisation that couldn't afford to face up to celtic's advocate McBride in a court ?

Well, Harper Macleod have worked long and hard on a variety of issues related to RFC of late so someone is paying them. I'm sure the SFA would find the money somehow.

oh yeah forgot can't have a CEO shareholder making Money.

Honestly we have been through all this and it's back to the same thing.

Protect the Brand Name and the price goes up.

But he didn't have the balls for it. He rolled over and accepted the sanctions despite the a judge over ruling it. What makes you think he'd have grown a set now?

Well, Harper Macleod have worked long and hard on a variety of issues related to RFC of late so someone is paying them. I'm sure the SFA would find the money somehow.

Yes they "fined " us how else would they have got the money, it is the Chinese system adopted by the sfa pay for your own bullet of execution or at least your family gets the bill.

You have yet to give one good reason why a prima facie case if we take MM's statement at face value has not been challenged in a court, or is the reality sinking in that our board is spineless rather than pragmatic or anything else you wish to dress up an unwillingness to fight our corner as.

The thread title grabbed my interest. I've just perused the ten (10) pages of what's been said and I'm no nearer an answer.

I guess I'll just sit back like the rest and wait for "the Rangers men" and their friends at the Busted Flush Group to stick their heads above the parapets at an undetermined yet-to-be-decided future date..........er, before Hell freezes over.

Just catching up with the latest additions, to this thread.

Still no RST response.

Fury appears again, asks random questions, never answers anything.

In summary the wee clique patently have no answers, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Just catching up with the latest additions, to this thread.

Still no RST response.

Fury appears again, asks random questions, never answers anything.

In summary the wee clique patently have no answers, they should be ashamed of themselves.

Do the Busted Flush Group do "official" responses, or do they have a (using baseball terminology) "designated bullshitter"!

Do the Busted Flush Group do "official" responses, or do they have a (using baseball terminology) "designated bullshitter"!

RST come on for them, Taipan (who is reading this at the moment is a board member) then they have buzz (a FF poster with a different name) comes on...

none of them have decided to answer any question I have asked.

shame really.

Taipan, at least, gave me some details about the next election but its all tied up still with only 4 new places available.

RST come on for them, Taipan (who is reading this at the moment is a board member) then they have buzz (a FF poster with a different name) comes on...

shame really.

Taipan, at least, gave me some details about the next election but its all tied up still with only 4 new places available.

Same-old-same-old then I see.

Sad really. They just don't get it.

shame really.

You are a RST member, have you used the Trust website to give your opinion and ask questions? If so what was the response?

It seems to me that your continual questioning of the Trust on a public football forum is not the best way to get answers, also it only gives Walter Mitty and his pals another chance to show their hatred of RST and obsession with Dingwall.

Why not attend the next AGM (or meeting) of RST and raise your concerns?

You are a RST member, have you used the Trust website to give your opinion and ask questions? If so what was the response?

It seems to me that your continual questioning of the Trust on a public football forum is not the best way to get answers, also it only gives Walter Mitty and his pals another chance to show their hatred of RST and obsession with Dingwall.

Why not attend the next AGM (or meeting) of RST and raise your concerns?

If it wasn't for the internet we would never have heard of the RST. WWW has a lot to answer for.

A wee clique of around 1,500 Rangers fans and at least one hanger-on. Seems odd they have any credibility at all. The combined Rangers Supporters Clubs out on the Western Isles probably has a larger membership.

If it wasn't for the internet we would never have heard of the RST. WWW has a lot to answer for.

A wee clique of around 1,500 Rangers fans and at least one hanger-on. Seems odd they have any credibility at all. The combined Rangers Supporters Clubs out on the Western Isles probably has a larger membership.

Your answer proves my point. IMO it's always best to ask questions direct to an organisation not through a third party.

shame really.

I was reading & interested in the development of the duress argument. Happy to comment & answer any questions I can.

Election to the board of the RST requires proposal and seconding, the rules are sponsored by Supporters Direct and approved by the FCA. There are 4 spaces on the board at the moment so anyone seeking to join can be co-opted prior to the AGM when the voting will take place, circa end of September / beginning of October. The term of office is 2 years so in addition to the current vacancies there will also be the proposal and re-election (if they are seeking re-election) of those board members whose 2 year terms are at an end. Those seeking re-election must stand against all those seeking election and the members votes will determine the board for the next year accordingly.

Any one wishing to be co-opted or seeking election at the AGM can contact me (DM) and I'll gladly help with the process.

Your answer proves my point. IMO it's always best to ask questions direct to an organisation not through a third party.

Personally I'd love a group representing Rangers fans that we could all get behind. A group that would grab the interest of and harness the power of the Rangers support. An imaginative body with a charismatic leader could quickly establish a membership in the tens of thousands.

Sadly no such group exists and I do not envisage one emerging in the foreseeable future which is kind of sad.

Both the board and the supporters appear to have one commonality - rudderless.

Personally I'd love a group representing Rangers fans that we could all get behind. A group that would grab the interest of and harness the power of the Rangers support. An imaginative body with a charismatic leader could quickly establish a membership in the tens of thousands.

Sadly no such group exists and I do not envisage one emerging in the foreseeable future which is kind of sad.

Both the board and the supporters appear to have one commonality - rudderless.

Why not act to change that? See post 195.

Why not act to change that? See post 195.

Because like many Rangers fans, and the proof is in the membership figures, I have no faith in the RST. The brand has also become so toxic that I can never envision a day where it represents more than a small number of Rangers fans.

I was reading & interested in the development of the duress argument. Happy to comment & answer any questions I can.

Election to the board of the RST requires proposal and seconding, the rules are sponsored by Supporters Direct and approved by the FCA. There are 4 spaces on the board at the moment so anyone seeking to join can be co-opted prior to the AGM when the voting will take place, circa end of September / beginning of October. The term of office is 2 years so in addition to the current vacancies there will also be the proposal and re-election (if they are seeking re-election) of those board members whose 2 year terms are at an end. Those seeking re-election must stand against all those seeking election and the members votes will determine the board for the next year accordingly.

Any one wishing to be co-opted or seeking election at the AGM can contact me (DM) and I'll gladly help with the process.

how many is on your board?

how many is on your board?

As a follow-on to fishtank's question I wouldn't imagine that the BFG is covered by the Official Secrets Act, so could you name the present Board and list the previous Board's since its inception.

If it's not too much trouble.

As a follow-on to fishtank's question I wouldn't imagine that the BFG is covered by the Official Secrets Act, so could you name the present Board and list the previous Board's since its inception.

If it's not too much trouble.

The board members and membership names are available to any member but it is a membership organisation so does not provide this information for public consumption. I've only been on the board since September so I only know those currently on the board albeit I'm aware of some of the previous members serving as officers.

Thanks for posting.

Can I ask if you were, as a board member, consulted about the press release which was issued, simultaneously, with the UB and assembly statements.

As to elections I understand the process the problem is, of course, that with so many board members and so few positions up for renewal that anyone trying to create a truly representative body cannot achieve their aim without seeking the consent of those who are seemingly happy with the status quo.

The board members and membership names are available to any member but it is a membership organisation so does not provide this information for public consumption. I've only been on the board since September so I only know those currently on the board albeit I'm aware of some of the previous members serving as officers.

Appreciate your prompt reply. Would I be right I thinking that records will be kept (Minutes, etc) from previous years and that AGM records would be kept safely as are most records/minutes of similar organisations?

The Board members names would be listed from day-1. I'm sure the present Secretary would have access to those minutes.

Ask he/she to provide you (as a favour) with the names of the Board members and, unless it's covered by the OSA you could list them here at a future date (or PM me said list).

Yours,

Curious,

BaconLand