Traynor Grills McCoist

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just watched the interview,, was impressed with most of his answers

the only one that got to me was the comparison with Ajax,Porto,Benfica and the getting the best youngsters in for 3 or 4 years then selling them on,,, how the hell can we do that without a scouting system in place?

i hope this is being looked at so we have a system in place by the time we get back to the top league (hopefully it is if that is Ally's vision for the future)

shame Traynor didnt ask about this but all in all i was happy with the managers answers

McCoist is undoubtedly of the class of Mr Struth,Sir Walter, Big Jock, John Gregg and of our Founding Fathers, a man of true Rangers class and the epitome of what it means to be a Rangers man.

It was better than I imagined, though I still think a few of McCoist's answers were hollow, in regards to :

• Some of our players being unfit last Season.
  • Skirting past the part-time question by saying it wasn't what it once was.
  • We didn't have two fit strikers, which was a lie on numerous occasions.

But to be honest it doesn't make a difference. I've made my feelings clear on McCoist as a Manager in the past and I'll keep them. But to steal his phrase 'the fact of the matter is' McCoist is still the Manager and I can't do anything about that, but support the team. Like I've said before I only ever want him to succeed in this position and he probably does deserve this Season to prove himself.

On Traynor, I'm still a bit suspect, was he talking about Spiers when mentioning so called Rangers fans? Or the likes of Paul Murray etc. I've got a feeling that he took this gig just to be a bit of a maverick and take on a few of his 'enemies' that he made in the press over the years. Which is fine truth be told, just as long as he takes them on. Fed up at this 'day of reckoning' shit though, it's all rubbish.

All in all, it was tastier than I imagined and I did enjoy it. Just choking for the Season to start :21:

happy to see that McCoist is still as passionate, if not more so, about getting the team to standard. I just hope that he can kick on and produce the football required to show that he is his own man and has his own managerial style.

IMO though, this season should see the skelping of some of our opposition, i just hope we go on a run of steam rolling teams, especially before we face any SPL opposition in cups.

Aye the Boca and Goian thing didn't make sense to me. McCoist was saying he thought they were staying because they are two international defenders and wasn't going to sign more center halfs because of this ... yet we actively give them bumper pay offs? he also says we could afford their wages

So what was it to be? did we want them, or not?

1st Jan...to be fair, he actually said we would have to afford their wages as they were under contract, and if they decided to honour those contracts then there was nothing the club could do. To answer your question about 'did we want them or not' I think you're asking the wrong question. Did they want us or not? is the real issue because if they did...we had to pay their wages...if they didn't...we could then look at a couple of defenders coming in.

1st Jan...to be fair, he actually said we would have to afford their wages as they were under contract, and if they decided to honour those contracts then there was nothing the club could do. To answer your question about 'did we want them or not' I think you're asking the wrong question. Did they want us or not? is the real issue because if they did...we had to pay their wages...if they didn't...we could then look at a couple of defenders coming in.

No he didn't he said ... exact words "of course we can afford them, they are contracted"

and as for asking the wrong question ... who cares if they wanted to, or not? they are our players. Whatever happened to us making the decisions? it makes no sense either, if a player wanted to go then we would have been under no obligation to give Goian half a million quid. He wants to go, fine - no bung. That's the way it works.

Watched it last night and thought it wasn't bad at all. I must admit that I was concerned when McCoist said he hadn't spent any money - what does he think wages, signing on fees, Agents Commissions etc is?