no long term plan ?

One of the parts I wasn't happy with, it's something that I said a while ago that Ally will look after his job first and think about Rangers future 2nd.

Just need to see what the season brings.

Enough with the spin ffs. He didn't say he was looking after his own job. The point he was clearly making was that as Rangers manager you are only as good as your last game. As a player as well to a large extent.

McCoist said everything confidently and upfront if u take the 26mins out ur MCCOIST HATING life.

Away and play championship manager!!

Sick of have a go heroes on here driving wee snide comments about McCoist.

Any bloody manager u put in his position would be doing the bloody same. U can't get back to the top with an under 19 team!!

It is down to the board his spending and signings NOT him.

But its division 2 mate, everyone knows Hazard, Kagawa and Lewandowski are desperate to play against East Fife.

He is 100% correct in what he say though. The only players he can realistically sign are guys who want to come here. And at the moment they are only free agents. Even without a transfer embargo he'd be hard pressed to attract the best young players from around the world to play in Division 1 or 2.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So your just looking at a shitey paper and making your own mind up?

Why not watch the video on the Rangers website. Seems odd to me that you chose to read about in the Scottish media 1st before watching the actual interview.

:angry:

What's odd is your fixation on the Traynor interview......this has nothing to do with the Traynor interview.......................it's an article in the Herald Homer....DUH !

What's odd is your fixation on the Traynor interview......this has nothing to do with the Traynor interview.......................it's an article in the Herald Homer....DUH !

an article based on the traynor interview.

DUH.

If you watch the damn interview you will see where the quote was taken from, and his reasoning behind it.

an article based on the traynor interview.

DUH.

If you watch the damn interview you will see where the quote was taken from, and his reasoning behind it.

there is absolutrly nothing in that article that suggests it's from the Traynor interview

I was commenting on the article and had no idea it was from the Traynor interview.

Sorry my psychic powers aren't working today

were you in the spazy matths class at school ?

there is absolutrly nothing in that article that suggests it's from the Traynor interview

I was commenting on the article and had no idea it was from the Traynor interview.

Sorry my psychic powers aren't working today

were you in the spazy matths class at school ?

lol you have been told countless times in this thread that it's from the traynor interview, which part is hard for you to understand.

lol you have been told countless times in this thread that it's from the traynor interview, which part is hard for you to understand.

"countless times"

there is not one post on this thread apart from the one you've just made that says the article is from the interview......many suggestions that I watch the interview but none saying that's where the article is from.

so how many times is that ?........even the spazy maths class can count to 0

"countless times"

there is not one post on this thread apart from the one you've just made that says the article is from the interview......many suggestions that I watch the interview but none saying that's where the article is from.

Says the spazzy who cant take a hint? Why do you think people kept saying watch the full interview.

You wouldn't have to be Sherlock fucking Holmes to figure it out.

"countless times"

I count 5 posts in here at least that, if you were to engage your brain, you would be able to tell that it's from the traynor interview.

Did you think we were just telling you to watch the interview for something to do?

Fuck sake.

There was still more to the statement than that, watch the full interview and you'll see.

I haven't seen the interview it but it's not the most encouraging statement.

"I haven't seen the interview"

Seriously fuck off you walloper

:lol:

So your just looking at a shitey paper and making your own mind up?

Why not watch the video on the Rangers website. Seems odd to me that you chose to read about in the Scottish media 1st before watching the actual interview.

:angry:

plus mine =5

If ally doesn't win the league, he won't be Rangers manger. He is within his rights to concentrate on one season at a time and not look 3,4years ahead.

Which was exactly his point IMO.

I can see the long term plan in action, we have a few promising youngsters on the books, we have just signed a good few players in their mid twenties, who will hopefully be peaking when we hit the top flight again. And we have some experienced heads in amongst it all to help the younger guys along.

If ally doesn't win the league, he won't be Rangers manger. He is within his rights to concentrate on one season at a time and not look 3,4years ahead.

Even if he did look ahead what else could he do other than write it down a piece of paper? He's hardly going to be scouring the youth schemes of the world realistically expecting to bring these young players to Rangers in the lower divisions of Scottish fucking football.

Its wildly unrealistic and I suspect quite a few people understand this but pretend they don't so they can have a go about it no matter what is going on at the club, good or bad.

We're playing in part time divisions, winning the league is in no doubt.

Agree, maybe this is the year we will see a new system being played which the youth will play also and play this way up the leagues so we are well prepared for the top.

Even if he did look ahead what else could he do other than write it down a piece of paper? He's hardly going to be scouring the youth schemes of the world realistically expecting to bring these young players to Rangers in the lower divisions of Scottish fucking football.

Its wildly unrealistic and I suspect quite a few people understand this but pretend they don't so they can have a go about it no matter what is going on at the club, good or bad.

I think long term planning is about more than signing players.

:lol: ok no problem.

"Mccoist looks after number one" would be a reasonable and accurate title for an article then in that case.

No, that's just being silly, but first and foremost he will accept any result to keep his bum parked in the managerial seat.

That may not be beneficial to Rangers in the long term as it's short term planning and something we've all witnessed before.

Most fans, In my opinion, would accept a few defeats every now and then if you could see something developing but last year we could see nothing hence the outcry.

I've not seen his new team yet so we will be able to see whether the football improves or whether he's happy to crawl over the line again as winning the league 'is the most important thing'.

IMO he can begin looking to bring the cream of the youth to Ibrox next season with the outlook of 1 year ahead, a blended pool going for the SPFL 1 (Is it called that?) trophy.

I didn't see the interview with Jim Traynor so maybe this was covered.

this line is from an article in the Herald today

"Managers, especially the Rangers manager, are never in a position to long-term plan," he said

Like many I had the fantasy of playing in the bottom tier with youngsters who would be well gelled by the time we were back to the top but is Ally saying this was never on ?

and didn't Manchester United and Fergie have a long term plan ?

From your OP.

What people are saying to you is that the interview with TRAYNOR did indeed cover your point/quote, but you still say that you haven't watched it.

You're being a bit picky in your criticism of Ally while creating a whole thread of arguments that don't exist.

It was a reasonably good interview and is mainly for Rangers fans. What's your problem again?