Charles is at it again.

72barca

Green demands Gers showdown – ex-chief wants boardroom cull

Showdown ... Charles Green

Exclusive

By CHRIS MUSSON

Published: 3 hrs ago

CHARLES Green has sensationally waded back into the Rangers boardroom battle to demand a major shake-up.

The ousted chief executive — still the biggest shareholder at Ibrox — is calling for urgent changes amid fears of a looming cash crisis at the club.

Green has lodged a legal letter saying ex-chairman Malcolm Murray — described by insiders as his “nemesis” — must be axed as a director.

He also wants Murray’s ally Phil Cartmell ditched — and for bus tycoon James Easdale to finally join the board after months of wrangling.

Sources close to Green claim he’s even considering returning to run the club in a day-to-day role if changes aren’t made.

His demands came in a formal request for an emergency general meeting of shareholders, which the club was examining yesterday.

An insider said: “Charles and other investors are unhappy with how the club is being run — especially the influence Malcolm has.

“There are worries that cash raised in the stock market float last year is being rapidly eaten into. Costs must be cut and revenues raised or Rangers are in trouble.

“But all we see is players being signed and season ticket prices being frozen.”

The move comes weeks after a separate group of investors loyal to Green made similar demands for a crisis meeting.

Green, 60, fronted the consortium which took over Rangers last year but quit as chief exec in April amid claims of links to shamed ex-owner Craig Whyte.

Rangers would not comment last night. Green could not be reached.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/scottishnews/4998108/Green-demands-Gers-showdown-ex-chief-wants-boardroom-cull.html#ixzz2Y8O3d9R4

As he has agreed to sell his shares to the Easdales and has already sold shares to Lasleys I don't see the logic in his mouthing of now other than to unsettle things. If he wants to leave fine shut up and leave, if he doesn't why would the Easdales get a seat on the board as they would not be getting his shares. The share holding they have at present probably doesn't merit a seat on the board and from what I've read on RM there aren't too many fans all that hot on having them on there anyway.

I thought that I read somewhere that he couldn't sell any of his shares until December? If so he is still the largest shareholder & is quite right to question the finances of the club, since we keep reading about players coming in, yet nobody leaving. I really do wonder how much some of these players are being payed?

An insider said: “Charles and other investors are unhappy with how the club is being run — especially the influence Malcolm has.

“There are worries that cash raised in the stock market float last year is being rapidly eaten into. Costs must be cut and revenues raised or Rangers are in trouble.

“But all we see is players being signed and season ticket prices being frozen.”

Ah, the infamous 'insider' again. Take this with a pinch of salt considering the reliable source. :rolleyes:

Costs have been cut. Revenues have been raised. Sounds to me more like investors worried about getting returns on their investment.

Ah, the infamous 'insider' again. Take this with a pinch of salt considering the reliable source. :rolleyes:

Costs have been cut. Revenues have been raised. Sounds to me more like investors worried about getting returns on their investment.

You seem happy to talk in absolutes.

The floor is yours

how much have costs been cut by?

How much have revenues increased.

I. for one, am looking forward to this answer........................

A looming cash crisis? How the fuck are newspapers still allowed to print unsubstantiated rumours like this like its fact?

We were just starting to get a bit of stability so it's no real surprise the papers start this shit up again...completely old news just regurgitated to appease Timothy and distrupt us!

A looming cash crisis? How the fuck are newspapers still allowed to print unsubstantiated rumours like this like its fact?

We were just starting to get a bit of stability so it's no real surprise the papers start this shit up again...completely old news just regurgitated to appease Timothy and distrupt us!

Exactly - if any thread should be culled its not the Orange parade one, its this shit.

No quotes, no facts just shit stirring from the media

admin - lock this unsubstantiated shite before it spreads the usual panic amongst those who can't see it for what it is

Oh and Mr Traynor - earn your wage

eh? No tims I know would be interested in our huge squad.

A number of us have been banging on at this apparent unending quest to form the largest squad known to mankind.

Indeed it is every Rangers fan's duty to start asking questions about the financial position of the club and spend less time worrying about football.

You seem happy to talk in absolutes.

The floor is yours

how much have costs been cut by?

How much have revenues increased.

I. for one, am looking forward to this answer........................

So you're happy to trust this insider quote and a tabloids sensationalised opinion but need me to quantify my statement?

Fair enough. I'd love to indulge you but I have to go to work now and raise my own revenues.

All I'd point out, in my eyes, is that moving on the likes of Goian, Boca and Alexander we have significantly cut costs, if their alleged wages are to be believed. Then with deals like Blackthorn and Puma we have raised revenues.

It appears anytime the papers or some ne'er-do-well insider wants to destabilise our support they say the IPO money is fast running out, the more worrying thing to me is that some of us tend to eat up their bait hook, line and sinker now everytime after what we went through with whyte.

So you're happy to trust this insider quote and a tabloids sensationalised opinion but need me to quantify my statement?

Fair enough. I'd love to indulge you but I have to go to work now and raise my own revenues.

All I'd point out, in my eyes, is that moving on the likes of Goian, Boca and Alexander we have significantly cut costs, if their alleged wages are to be believed. Then with deals like Blackthorn and Puma we have raised revenues.

It appears anytime the papers or some ne'er-do-well insider wants to destabilise our support they say the IPO money is fast running out, the more worrying thing to me is that some of us tend to eat up their bait hook, line and sinker now everytime after what we went through with whyte.

Let me get this right

you cannot indulge me because you don't have a fucking clue about your previous statements

thanks for the clarity

should we be falling for shite like this from the press in Scotland ?. we all know they have an agenda. true we do seem to be spending money but there is money to spend not sure we can maintain the spending but I think we are safe with what is being spent for now. and for me if Charlie wants to come back bring it on at least he gave us some info an that's more than we get now.

Exactly - if any thread should be culled its not the Orange parade one, its this shit.

No quotes, no facts just shit stirring from the media

admin - lock this unsubstantiated shite before it spreads the usual panic amongst those who can't see it for what it is

Oh and Mr Traynor - earn your wage

Exoect much more of this guff as we get closer to the start of the season.The cabal has taken over and the media arnt interested .The Hearts scenario is playing out without any real critical reporting but when the biggest team in Scotland kick of their season the media hatefest will go into overdrive on their next attacks on our club .Get used to it or hope that Our board grow a set of balls .

TBH I dont think this the Sun stirring it up again, someone else? maybe! But, there was a call for Murray to leave the Board to be replaced by Easdale and he is still there.

I believe there was a lull so season tickets wouldnt be affected and now they have been sold, thus, will commence the Boardroom squabbles IMO

eh? No tims I know would be interested in our huge squad.

A number of us have been banging on at this apparent unending quest to form the largest squad known to mankind.

Indeed it is every Rangers fan's duty to start asking questions about the financial position of the club and spend less time worrying about football.

Ok then ask a question...go on do it! Contact the club and ask! Do you think speculating and talking shit on here helps in anyway shape or form? This story is old news which has been regurgitated to sell a few extra papers....(oh and believe me Timothy will lap this up)....there are no quotes, no facts and it is almost word for word the same story they printed before Murray stepped down as chairman!

However once again I say, instead of speculating, getting hysterical and creating division on here why don't you take the time to ask the club?