Charles is at it again.

72barca

I see a few slating CG but he is the only person in a long long time who has stood up for the club and us fans. Since he has left, the old "dignified silence" has came back and I for one hate it. I'd love to see CG back.

So do you think his latest move is being taken in the interests of the football club or the interests of Charles Green and his faceless (and nameless) backers? This is a rhetorical question. He's had his time so should move on and be happy with the huge wad that he has picked up for his troubles.

Ive already dismissed your pish about goian and boca they got pay offs ergo they are not off the wage bill

i have no idea what you are talking about when you say player wage bill

my understanding, last year, was that we had a wage bill of £7m that included non players

as to run thr club into the ground let me put it another way

in my view no player should be on more than 4 k a week

the management team should not be on more than 500k, combined.

we can change things when in the spl

at the moment we are spunking funds that are not necessary

i see little in the way of financial rectitude

You've dismissed my pish? They were on approaching 20k a week each. We've paid them both less than half of that to leave. That's a saving of around 24k p/w from the pair. Add Alexander's contract lapse to that and you've saved near on 40k p/w. How is that "pish"?

How exactly do you decide to pay nobody more than 4k p/w when they already have contracts? Contracts given to them when Green was in charge by the way. You seem to have decided that paying people off is total madness even if it saves money so how do you achieve this utopia? The people we are signing now are on exactly the type of wage you want. People like Faure, Argyriou, Cribari - signed by Ahmad's group - are on more. I would fully expect that we will attempt to get shot of some of them. You seem to want to question everything the current people in charge do but ignore what happened when Ahmad was calling the shots. Where is your criticism of them? Where is your questioning of how much the Ahmad friendly agents got to bring these guys to the club?

Same with the management team. Perhaps they will take paycuts? If not then you would have to sack them and pay them off. They have contracts. You can't just ignore those because you don't like them.

No i am not aware of anything.

I'd be happy if you could share what costs those would be.

All i see is a huge amount of footballers being signed.

Gourley leaving to team up with bains mob. High earners payed off to go and very little else.

The only real saving is Alexander and that 10k is more than swallowed up the the ever growing new crop.

The guys we've signed are on peanuts compared to previous years.

Players signed from Motherwell, Dundee hibs & QOS won't be on huge deals.

Kyle,Sandaza,Goian,Boca, Alexander have all left and that lot were probably on 3 or 4 times what our new signings will be getting paid.

We may have had to pay a few of these guys off but i'm sure we will have cut the actual player wage bill by at least 30% from last season with a better team in place.

So do you think his latest move is being taken in the interests of the football club or the interests of Charles Green and his faceless (and nameless) backers? This is a rhetorical question. He's had his time so should move on and be happy with the huge wad that he has picked up for his troubles.

Why can't these be one and the same? Its in the interests of the backers that the club reaches the peak of Scottish football to maximise their investment. This is also in the interests of the club. If he, as a shareholder, sees that things that are of concern to investors and the club then he has every right to seek to address these issues.

This does assume that there is some merit in this story and its not more half truths and exaggeration on the part of a so called journalist stealing a living from the only club in Scotland that really matters.

I might be a bit naive, but are there not 51,082 reasons to bring in the best players we can, shirley the Fan has to see some return for their Patronage, there was talk at the end of last season of crowds falling away, young fans lost to the game, Has the Club addressed that, IMO, yes they have in a positive manner.

I might be a bit naive, but are there not 51,082 reasons to bring in the best players we can, shirley the Fan has to see some return for their Patronage, there was talk at the end of last season of crowds falling away, young fans lost to the game, Has the Club addressed that, IMO, yes they have in a positive manner.

We will have to start playing decent football to keep the younger fans.

I agree with you 100%, at the moment my glass is half full, there are a few on here complaining cause their glass is half empty..

You've dismissed my pish? They were on approaching 20k a week each. We've paid them both less than half of that to leave. That's a saving of around 24k p/w from the pair. Add Alexander's contract lapse to that and you've saved near on 40k p/w. How is that "pish"?

How exactly do you decide to pay nobody more than 4k p/w when they already have contracts? Contracts given to them when Green was in charge by the way. You seem to have decided that paying people off is total madness even if it saves money so how do you achieve this utopia? The people we are signing now are on exactly the type of wage you want. People like Faure, Argyriou, Cribari - signed by Ahmad's group - are on more. I would fully expect that we will attempt to get shot of some of them. You seem to want to question everything the current people in charge do but ignore what happened when Ahmad was calling the shots. Where is your criticism of them? Where is your questioning of how much the Ahmad friendly agents got to bring these guys to the club?

Same with the management team. Perhaps they will take paycuts? If not then you would have to sack them and pay them off. They have contracts. You can't just ignore those because you don't like them.

They were on loan last year. Normal loan is 50/50, is it not? ergo we are treading water for six months. Not one penny of saving on either the two of them

Ive said this before M.

My son refuses to watch us on the TV now. He only comes to the matches to eat all the food.

This is a boy who has been mascot twice, has a room festooned with RFC stuff and supports us.

9 years on age and he bemoans the negativity of the team and paucity of display.

Even more worryingly he is the ONLY boy, in his year group, who supports The Rangers (no he doesn't go to a RC school).

A lost generation, worrying indeed.

They were on loan last year. Normal loan is 50/50, os it now? ergo we are treading water for six months. Not one penny of saving on either the two of them

How do you figure paying 50% for 1 year and then paying up 50% for another year isn't a saving? By my basic maths that would represent a saving of 1 years salary over two years in both instances.

Charles green popping his head back in just as the season ticket money lands in the bank,coincidence eh,the host comes on here shouting about cutting costs,how much money has green and ahmad plundered from rangers?how much did green and ahmad invest out their own pockets?nothing,they ponced the money to buy rangers.time to get these hedge fund and venture capatilists crooks out of our club they are a cancer.cutting costs on the football side is fine as long as the club bank account sees the savings,I would rather the club invested money on players than big fat salary s for scumbag venture capatilists and hedge funds who only want to rip the arse out the club for a quick buck.

to all those saying we need to start entertaining the fans, can't agree more and i honeslty believe with the signings we have/are making that will come this season. McCoist said in his interview with Traynor that it was important to do this and i really believe we will steamroll teams this season which is exactly what we all want - attacking football and a solid defence.

i

How do you figure paying 50% for 1 year and then paying up 50% for another year isn't a saving? By my basic maths that would represent a saving of 1 years salary over two years in both instances.

He is looking at it on a Year 1 vs Year 2 basis.

They cost us x million in year 2012/2013, they will cost us x million in year 2013/2014.

Their departure does not reduce the expediture for the coming year, meaning any further cost applied to the playing squad will not be offset by them leaving.

Of course this is based on if they did get a pay off worth 6 months salary.

What?

If you re-read what was written i think you will see the part where i said treading water for the next six months.

He is looking at it on a Year 1 vs Year 2 basis.

They cost us x million in year 2012/2013, they will cost us x million in year 2013/2014.

Their departure does not reduce the expediture for the coming year, meaning any further cost applied to the playing squad will not be offset by them leaving.

Of course this is based on if they did get a pay off worth 6 months salary.

But when you look at it in the most simple term (what we pay them as opposed to what we were contractually obliged to pay them) we have saved a considerable sum on both players.

What?

If you re-read what was written i think you will see the part where i said treading water for the next six months.

You said 'not one penny of saving' we saved 50% of their salary last season and, according to Goians agent at least, we have saved roughly 50% on his salary again this season by negotiating his release.

I'm frankly disgusted at the board/director salary and bonus packages put in place by Green & Co before he did his walking away leaving others to deal with their financial profligacy.

How many hundreds of thousands did Ahmad cost in his severance package demands - this, remember, from a man who insisted he wanted 'nothing but the best for the club'. What did it cost for Charles 'grass or I'll ban you' Green to leave long before he heard the champions league music blaring out over Ibrox?

What's Stockbridge on - is it really second only to McCoist?

We need answers.

So to recap - you are frankly disgusted by something even though you dont know what it is?

Superb

You said 'not one penny of saving' we saved 50% of their salary last season and, according to Goians agent at least, we have saved roughly 50% on his salary again this season by negotiating his release.

Well said Dude. The constant peddling of financial armageddon by others is tiresome. It has been shown that for every player signed one has left.

They were on loan last year. Normal loan is 50/50, is it not? ergo we are treading water for six months. Not one penny of saving on either the two of them

I see you ignored all the points about who sanctioned the overpaid players you want rid of.

I've no idea what the loan terms were. I very much doubt we would have got favourable terms given how much we needed them off the wage bill. We wouldn't be letting them go if we weren't saving money.