memories of a gubbing

Worst one was Unirea. Absolutely brutal night. We should have taken 6 points off them without any problem. Whittaker and Rothen were absolutely diabolical.

After the Scottish Cup Final in 1998 defeat to Hearts ... I was about 15 and it ruined my whole summer. Never felt that low after a game as it was the one chance to secure a bit of happiness after fucking up ten in a row ....

I promised never to let Rangers do that to me again ... and they haven't ... but that Unieria game, UEFA Cup Final, Celtic beating us 2-1 at their place with that last minute JVOH goal, Scott McDonald 1-0 at Ibrox and Samaras 2-0 game at Ibrox were as close to being raging as I was in the 98 cup final.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to chesterfield on the football special.

Humped 3-0 going on 7 or 8.

I'm sure chesterfield had a guy called Phil Bonnyman playing who scored a couple. If I remember correctly we had gave him a free transfer about a year previous.

I was at the 2-4 game at torbett towers in '79 which has scarred me to this day. Ended up gubbing a taig at work the next morning. My boss actually let me off with this as he was a right bluenose as well.

It's the Russian team you were thinking of I can't remeber the final aggregate score I think we put 10 by them, I'm sure the Famagusta game was the 1 where the Bulgarian Midfielder(can't remeber his name) had a really good game and kept Gazza quiet, the next season Aberdeen signed him and he turned out not that great a player.

Wee ginger guy called Illian Kiriakov.

It's the Russian team you were thinking of I can't remeber the final aggregate score I think we put 10 by them, I'm sure the Famagusta game was the 1 where the Bulgarian Midfielder(can't remeber his name) had a really good game and kept Gazza quiet, the next season Aberdeen signed him and he turned out not that great a player.

My memory of us getting a gubbing was against Ajax in the CL I think they beat us 4-1, the Ajax team at the time was by far the best team around they had both the De Boer's, Kluivert and Davids to name a few, I remeber the Rangers fans singing this is so fukking easy coz at 1 point they wouldn't even give us a kick of the ball but in fairness the Ajax team were that good they would prob have just took it back off us anyway.

Yeah we humped the Russkies good, that Ajax team was phenomenal some of the greatest players of the 90s in there, even at our best we would have struggled against them that year.

Went to chesterfield on the football special.

Humped 3-0 going on 7 or 8.

I'm sure chesterfield had a guy called Phil Bonnyman playing who scored a couple. If I remember correctly we had gave him a free transfer about a year previous.

I was at the 2-4 game at torbett towers in '79 which has scarred me to this day. Ended up gubbing a taig at work the next morning. My boss actually let me off with this as he was a right bluenose as well.

Chesterfield - What a nightmare!........seem to remember Mr. Greig getting a tough time in the papers for saying that we would hammer them at Saltergate. Their manager was saying they would play us off the pitch. They totally hammered us and yes, Bonnyman was en ex who scored. I was on the Chesterfield kop watching in my scarf and had some n0bhead desperate to have a pop at me - and they were winning 3-0!........when we came out, pubs were shut/boarded, but we got in 1 - when we got past the bouncers - it was full of us lot. Although a bit on the quiet side, just glad to get a pint in to calm down!...........Then there was losing to Dundalk in a European game.....dark, heavy days indeed.

I've just remembered another one.

away to Real Madrid

it was 5 or 6, there was black and white highlights on STV......some spectacular goals

first game at Ibrox Puskas scored in the last 5 minutes after we missed several sitters.....George McLean was only one of the culprits

Don't remember any of these alleged loses, I remember long hot summers, tarmac melting and stickin to our feet, jumpers for goalposts . . . na yees are talkin shite we never ever got gubbed ! :sherlock:

I remembered it because Alex Willoughby was in that team...........he's figuring in the Jim Forrest thread..........our forwards then weren't doing enough damage........that's why they were shipped out

At Ibrox 2-5 Motherwell, S.C. replay. At parkhead 5-1 in torrential rain for 90 mins, absolutely soaked plus having to run the gauntlet under the railway line. Them were the days!!!

I must be a masochist because I see a miserable day in the rain in uncovered Hampden

Scottish Cup Final, Colin Stein suspended, Fergie the spearhead.

Gubbed 4...0 by them

A sad day