'Gers look for Behlil deal

ScottBF2

RANGERS are stepping up their efforts to sign Belil Mohsni after the French-Tunisian defender once again impressed in this afternoon’s win at Bristol City.

The former Southend stopper played the full 90 minutes against the Robins at Ashton Gate as they were beaten 1-0 and turned in a composed showing alongside Emilson Cribari in the back line.

Having also stood out in northern tour outings against Brora and Elgin City over the last few days, manager McCoist is now keen to do a deal with the 25-year-old.

He has already spoken to the player’s agent and Mohsni will join the squad on their trip to Germany as he continues working with the Light Blues.

McCoist said: “It’s important Belil is happy and so far he has come and played three games for us. We’re delighted to have him here.

“I’m very, very hopeful we can get a deal sorted. He is settling in with the lads well both on and off the park.

“I’m really encouraged and hope we can get something done there. It would be ideal if we could maybe push that one through in the next day or two now.

“If we could sign him as soon as possible that would be terrific and I think Craig Mather will be getting a phone call about him from me.

“He has been in the job full-time for 24 hours now so I think it’s only right I speak to him about Belil!”

Rangers are still talking to Bosnian centre-half Boris Pandza and McCoist remains optimistic of recruiting the former Mechelen player as well.

He does concede, however, that developments on that particular front are not moving at the same pace.

McCoist added: “That would be the Christmas cake solution if we could both Belil and Boris in and Craig has been in contact with his agent. I’d love to get another forward as well.

“Andrew Dickson has been discussing work permits and the possibility of that going by how many internationals Boris has played. That one is still in the pipeline.”

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're well getting reported for this comment..... :pipe:

Really don't see why he has such an obsession with people posting articles.

Rangers requested we don't. Takes hits from the site.

Rangers actually contacted admin/site owners on here to clamp down on the article posting? :lol:

Are hits really important, seriously?

Yes, for advertising income on the site.

And I think they did actually contact the site from memory.

Rangers requested we don't. Takes hits from the site.

Nah, smokescreen. As a bears den on mobile loyal, the links are a pain in the arse. Reckon those who says don't copy and paste are laptop loyal and never use their mob's so don't appreciate the frustrations. Probably all got sniders of mobi phones me-thinks.

Of course would never do it personally, just putting it out there...

You're well getting reported for this comment..... :pipe:

Really don't see why he has such an obsession with people posting articles.

I don't like plagiarism... :P

Rangers actually contacted admin/site owners on here to clamp down on the article posting? :lol:

Are hits really important, seriously?

Why should we need Rangers to officially tell us not to do something that will quite clearly have an affect on the amount of official website hits.

Of course they are.

Nah, smokescreen. As a bears den on mobile loyal, the links are a pain in the arse. Reckon those who says don't copy and paste are laptop loyal and never use their mob's so don't appreciate the frustrations. Probably all got sniders of mobi phones me-thinks.

My flip phone is top-of-the-range, thank you very much.

Seems to be (based on reports) exactly what we lacked last year! A dominant, solid CB who can play out from the back and has a reasonable turn of pace....

I think it's safe to assume agiriou is away after being left out of both tours, I wouldn't be surprised to see hegarty go out on loan but unless we get a buyer for him id assume cribari would be hard to shift therefore it may be best to hang off on the Bosnian at the moment!

Obviously heard positive things not had a chance to see him in action but two CB signings would be ideal.

If we are able to get him I'd certainly want to see Cribari and Argyriou depart and probably Faure or Perry.

Perry was awful last year but he showed some semblance of competence in the SPhell in 2011-2012 so maybe deserves to be giving the benefit of the doubt ahead of this season (tu)

Rangers should make their web page mobile friendly.