Well done Rangers fans

sglosbcfc

I am not a Rangers fan, but I have to say I was very impressed by the support today. Nearly 3000 and all the horror stories we were fed of violent, drunken rampages and racist, sectarian chanting was all nonsense. The Rnagers fans were very friendly, very noisy and probably the best away support I have seen at Ashton Gate in thirty years.

One drunken lad outside the park at the end of the game screaming 'I f***ing hate Roman Catholics' was the only unsavoury incident in the whole day. Thanks Rangers for a good day and I really hope we can come to Ibrox next pre season to try and wrestle the Cup back from you.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Official attendance was over 7,700. Was there really less than 3,000 Bears? Bet we still made ourselves heard above the rest despite fewer numbers though. :21:

I am amazed and embarrassed there were not more of our fans in attendance. Some of support moaned about the 16 quid price of tickets and it was over 30 degrees but still would have bet my house on 15,000 plus gate when the game was announced. Reall hope we get the chance to play at Ibrox next season and I am sure we would bring good numbers, although admittedly not nearly 3000.

I thought the same, and he states he's not a Rangers fans. Gives praise and then kicks us with a statement we would not say.

I don't think he was kicking us. To say that was the only unsavoury incident is a pretty damn good report.

Every support has the odd eejit.

I am not a Rangers fan, but I have to say I was very impressed by the support today. Nearly 3000 and all the horror stories we were fed of violent, drunken rampages and racist, sectarian chanting was all nonsense. The Rnagers fans were very friendly, very noisy and probably the best away support I have seen at Ashton Gate in thirty years.

One drunken lad outside the park at the end of the game screaming 'I f***ing hate Roman Catholics' was the only unsavoury incident in the whole day. Thanks Rangers for a good day and I really hope we can come to Ibrox next pre season to try and wrestle the Cup back from you.

Magic mate - btw, the guy outside the gate, wasn't Paul Gascoigne was it <cr> WATP

Probably the lad who was in your home support with a celtic top on. Clearly only where to wind people up.

Taken from Bristol fan forum.....

Not the best performance today, but in terms of atmosphere the Rangers fans were quality and their rendition of God Save The Queen was brilliant! Made the hairs on my neck stand on end when us in the Williams and the Rangers fans joined together in singing God Save The Queen! Created a pretty decent noise level! Well done Rangers fans, great atmosphere and good bit of banter.

As I say, the odd twat in every support.

(tu)

Hopefully we get a few more games down here as the years go on. Police didn't have any bother to deal with and most of them jumped back in their vans and went off as we were all coming out :lol:

(tu)

Hopefully we get a few more games down here as the years go on. Police didn't have any bother to deal with and most of them jumped back in their vans and went off as we were all coming out :lol:

Looking at that forum Skarkev was talking about, seems we generally made a good impression. When Sheffield goes well, I look forward to more invites next season!

I thought the same, and he states he's not a Rangers fans. Gives praise and then kicks us with a statement we would not say.

Think at times folk want to see the negatives and be offended.

The guy's taken the time to post on a Scottish opponent's forum. Strong praise.

Don't think "F****n B*****d" is a phrase folk from down there appreciate hearing or using, and can understand him not using those words (or the true words sung) on a posting. Think we can all assume we know what was being sung.

Hardly kicking us.

Think at times folk want to see the negatives and be offended.

The guy's taken the time to post on a Scottish opponent's forum. Strong praise.

Don't think "F****n B*****d" is a phrase folk from down there appreciate hearing or using, and can understand him not using those words (or the true words sung) on a posting. Think we can all assume we know what was being sung.

Hardly kicking us.

This. (tu)

Phones for phoning loyal.