Ally wants another striker?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's Kenny Miller

(It's not really but I thought I'd get the inevitable mention out of the way (tu))

I'd Imagine that's pretty close to being accurate in all honesty. As unpopular as this maybe I'd be for it but it would mean jigs time at rangers was up.

We just can't afford 3 or 4 guys on 8-10k pw IMO. For what it's worth the rumour is miller would come back for a minimal wage well say minimal it would prob be 5 or 6k

We don't need another striker. If anybody leaves then fair enough but other than that absolutely not.

Maybe the plan is to move on one of the existing forward players (Shiels or possibly Little) and bring another face in.

Don't think thta would be a wise move but could possibly be a reason behind this?

I'd Imagine that's pretty close to being accurate in all honesty. As unpopular as this maybe I'd be for it but it would mean jigs time at rangers was up.

We just can't afford 3 or 4 guys on 8-10k pw IMO. For what it's worth the rumour is miller would come back for a minimal wage well say minimal it would prob be 5 or 6k

I'd say this summer has shown up a lot of the pessimistic rumours going about towards the end of last season - ie. that we're signing Miller, Thomson, Novo, Boyd etc.

I'm confident Miller won't be returning.

I think ally and the club have done really well in the market so far,but if we are to make a serious challenge in the cups ,we will have to bring in a quality 1 st choice striker and 2 good quality centre half s .

Wages, bonuses, signing on fees etc no count as money spent?

Well it would be worse if we were paying transfer fees for them. They are all free agents only there wages we are paying them.

And none of them will be on any more than 5k a week.

As Ally McCoist told Jim Traynor "I've not spent a penny for 2 years"

I wouldn't like to see little shipped out tbh. I'd like to see how him, jig, daly and Clark get on before spending on another striker.

Although it is worrying none of our strikers have scored as of yet in the 3 games

Well it would be worse if we were paying transfer fees for them. They are all free agents only there wages we are paying them.

And none of them will be on any more than 5k a week.

As Ally McCoist told Jim Traynor "I've not spent a penny for 2 years"

I would imagine daly was on more than 5k a week. Probably bell also.

Well he doesn't see little as a striker and jig will be a bit player so that leaves Clark and daly....now I agree for where we are we have more than enough cover in attack and would happily give chances to hardy, ogen etc however to a certain extent we do badly lack pace still and if he did bring in a pacy striker it wouldn't be the worst thing!

I kind of understand the logic re Gallagher going out on loan for a regular game but I would be inclined to utilise young Kelly as back up to bell with a recall clause on the loan should bell get injured instead of spending money on a keeper to sit on the bench!