Daly's strike partner

Firstly I have to say I'm delighted big Jon Daly is settling into life at Rangers , along with the other new players its great to hear they are working hard but also really bonding and becoming part of the Rangers family. In Jons case its more significant in the fact he is a RC (to the papers at least -who mention it in every damn interview) and his interviews have pretty much quashed the negative vibes regarding a RC playing for us. Long may it continue.

Anyway the main point of this post is to discuss who will partner Daly.

Its clear Daly will be McCoists first striker on the team sheet with this in mind who do you see as the ideal partner?

Miller has been linked for a return and if we were in the SPL I would have jumped at it as his experience would be invaluable. In SPFL2 however I think this is a step too far and we would do better to develop a younger player in preparation for our return to the SPL.

Clark would be my choice however as with Little I can honestly see McCoist shunting him onto the wing rather than play him as a striker. To me this is an absolute waste and I'm desperate to see us abandon this playing players out of position crap.

Other options of course are McCulloch, Shiels, Crawford........

Do we even need another striker?

Firstly I have to say I'm delighted big Jon Daly is settling into life at Rangers , along with the other new players its great to hear they are working hard but also really bonding and becoming part of the Rangers family. In Jons case its more significant in the fact he is a RC (to the papers at least -who mention it in every damn interview) and his interviews have pretty much quashed the negative vibes regarding a RC playing for us. Long may it continue.

Anyway the main point of this post is to discuss who will partner Daly.

Its clear Daly will be McCoists first striker on the team sheet with this in mind who do you see as the ideal partner?

Miller has been linked for a return and if we were in the SPL I would have jumped at it as his experience would be invaluable. In SPFL2 however I think this is a step too far and we would do better to develop a younger player in preparation for our return to the SPL.

Clark would be my choice however as with Little I can honestly see McCoist shunting him onto the wing rather than play him as a striker. To me this is an absolute waste and I'm desperate to see us abandon this playing players out of position crap.

Other options of course are McCulloch, Shiels, Crawford........

Do we even need another striker?

Looks like its going to be Kenny Miller,if the papers are right.Personally i think he would do us a turn for a couple of seasons and would help to bring the youngsters through.He is a model proffesional.

While we're at it, the defence needs shoring up. Why not bring back John Greig, another model professional. He was great when he played for us last time and is a true Rangers man.

Where will this back to the future shite end ?

We have a chance very few clubs ever get. We should be building a new generation team, backed up with a bit of experience, not harking back to former glories long lost in time.

We need to be finding quality players we can buy quite cheaply, develop them and if we sell them on, make a good profit on. dare I say it, the tims have the right idea on this and we need to catch on fast.

Instead we are mostly buying players that are too old and will go for nothing.

Millers big advantage was his turn of pace and he doesn't have that now. Sure he has a good work rate and is a good professional, but regardless of any wage cut, he would still cost us way too much for what we would be getting.

It would be another question over Ally's managerial credentials if he feels that he would need Miller along with the front heavy squad we already have to win the 2nd Div and for a good cup showing.

This is the best chance for youth to blossom in a Rangers shirt, a 33 year old Miller is a backward step.

Daly and Clark up front, Little from the bench

It has to be daly/ Young boy Clark up front. He scored a barrow load for QOS last season and was top scorer in the league we are in. No use signing this boy to sit him on the bench, he needs experience before the top league and has 2 seasons too prove himself. I think once he settles he will score 50 goals at least in the next 2 seasons. As for Andy Little sorry not a fan, think the boys 2nd touch is a tackle and if you can't control a ball then what are you doing all day in training. Not the first or last player that will be guilty of that. Anyway as long as the team gives their all for the jersey.

I would go so far as to say McCoist should be removed if he seriously attempts to sign Miller.

There yi are. What chance you got when your up against that pish. Utter drivel. Should McCoist dare to sign a seasoned pro, willing to take a massive drop in wages and will no doubt benefit the squad never mind the team, should he be that stupid he should be sacked. That is a fuckin cracker.

No wonder i keep takin breaks from this place

I don't know what the big deal about Little playing through the middle is. I don't think he was any better or worse through the middle than he was when he played from the right hand side.

I would start the season with Clark & Daly through the middle

Disagree. He looked far more of a threat when played up front and allowed for a more natural wide player to play in that position (the games where Little played RM and Hegarty/Faure played RB we effectively had no right flank as Little got lost between the wing and the centre of the pitch and the RB was reluctant to push forward).

Disagree. He looked far more of a threat when played up front and allowed for a more natural wide player to play in that position (the games where Little played RM and Hegarty/Faure played RB we effectively had no right flank as Little got lost between the wing and the centre of the pitch and the RB was reluctant to push forward).

True, although I think Little could probably function at RM with an attacking FB behind him.

There yi are. What chance you got when your up against that pish. Utter drivel. Should McCoist dare to sign a seasoned pro, willing to take a massive drop in wages and will no doubt benefit the squad never mind the team, should he be that stupid he should be sacked. That is a fuckin cracker.

No wonder i keep takin breaks from this place

Feel free to take another one, say 5 or 10 years, if you think Miller should be anywhere near Ibrox.

He is yesterdays man , a man who walked away through greed, who now cannot even get a game in a joke league but you think we should sign him.

We do not need players like him for Div 3 and he will virtually be of pension age when we get back to the SPL.

He will benefit nobody but himself.

If he is to come back again then admittedly he would be beneficial to younger lads around training with his experience.

If we really must sign yet another striker, even though we desperately need centre halfs, he is simply not the answer.

He is not needed as a short term fix as we will walk that league and he is not a longer term solution as he is nearly 34.

We simply cannot afford to spend £000s a week on him simply to be "the experienced pro"