Is now the time for the 'average bear' to snap up RIFC shares?

As I correctly predicted earlier in the week (via twitter), the Rangers International Football Club share price dropped below 50.00, where it had finished on the same day (16/7).

Obviously, the (more than expected) plummet was caused by some fairly significant share movement, forcing the price down to 42.50.

Is it now the time for the 'average bear' to snap up more shares?

I, like many of you, invested in the share flotation at the end of last year, parting with £500 of my precious savings. I didn't make the investment as a means to make a profit in years to come - even though another member of my family sold a majority of their shareholding when prices rocketed up to the mid-90p area and recouped their initial outlay, plus, and maintained a nice shareholding - this was a purely emotional purchase.

However, with the price almost falling to half of what I paid originally, is now the time for me - and any other 'average bear' for that matter - to take advantage of this new low price for financial gain?

Obviously I don't want to part with a lump sum purchase again - not with my pathetic, entry-level salary, following half a year unemployed - but buying 100 shares this month, 100 shares the next, for as long as the price remains below 50p, could see me shareholding double in size before the season ends.

With my blue-tinted glasses on, I think to myself; "how can this fail to provide me with a sweet financial bonus in years to come, when we're back winning trebles, and playing in Europe..."

When attempting to remove those Light Blue spec's, I start to wonder; "are the Rangers really safe from another insolvency event?"

The latter supposition is born out of remembering last years financial figures; the regular concern from a reliable chap like Richard Wilson - who has (pretty much) written in the Herald, on more than a few occasions, that the IPO money is all but spent; and the hugely inflated squad/wage bill that has come to be, during this summer's close-season.

As above, any extra purchase I would make would be a financial decision this time around, and that is my gamble to take. For other bears, who could not afford to buy shares in the original flotation, is this the time for us all to snap up what we can as individuals, in the vain hope we could organise an effective, and powerful supporter-shareholding in the medium-to-long term future (and I do NOT wish for anyone to discuss any existing fan-ownership vehicles/models in this thread)?

Should the 'average bear' like myself, who can afford to have a very, very minor dabble in the stock market, take advantage of these prices? Or would it be unwise to do anything before the next set of official financial figures are released?

Are the Rangers really safe from another insolvency event?

I don't think many fans want to buy for profit purposes.

Given this, fans will pay what they can afford for a part of the club, I doubt it matters if they have 100 shares vs 120 shares. It's the sentiment that counts.

I'd imagine that's the case for most (tu)

I'm a gambler; I'm tempted by the current price, as much as I was tempted by - and very much financially benefitted from - Jig first goal on numerous occassions last season!

I'd imagine that's the case for most (tu)

I'm a gambler; I'm tempted by the current price, as much as I was tempted by - and very much financially benefitted from - Jig first goal on numerous occassions last season!

Former debenture and share holders never saw it as a gamble only an investment to be passed on.

Is no one else pretty concerned that the share price has pretty much halved in 7 months? I knew they would drop after the first shares were snapped up, but I never thought they would half in price so soon.

Looking at todays transactions and how the price dropped I have no faith in what Mather said today, markets seldom if ever lie.

Has it crossed anybody's mind that someone decided to sell up as they now know that the club is structuring itself in a way that cash won't be drained away as dividend pay outs? I believe that some saw Rangers as a cash cow and now are realising that the cash will be getting used for the good of the club rather than filling the pockets of somebody who doesn't give a fig about it. Truth be told we are all just speculating until we find out who sold and who bought.

People buy shares for a reason............to have a certificate or when a large amount come on the market at a lower price ,and if an individual buyer takes them it's for the sole reason of boosting his share holdings.

People will sell at a loss as that loss could be offset against other gains made form the likes of share profits(has been a few years since I have been in business, may have changed)

As for the shares price falling................could be because of worries for the Company or people manipulating the share price be it for good or bad intentions.

We have had a lot of turmoil within the Company as we all know re loss of CEO, Chairman and the brokers who took us to the market and it could be institutional investors reducing their holdings.

Many have said that people could be waiting until the share price hits a certain bottom figure in their eyes.......well lets see what happens..........................don't forget you have to have the seller and the buyer to do a deal and if someone has been waiting for lets say 40p a share price then he needs a helluva lot of share holders to want to sell , and that you think would drive the price up.

How would you go about buying shares in Rangers now?

Find a stockbroker in Belfast Bud and tell him that you want to spend x amount on Rangers shares and ask him the cost in doing this or ask your bank if they have a service for doing this .once again ask them the charges involved.

Has it crossed anybody's mind that someone decided to sell up as they now know that the club is structuring itself in a way that cash won't be drained away as dividend pay outs? I believe that some saw Rangers as a cash cow and now are realising that the cash will be getting used for the good of the club rather than filling the pockets of somebody who doesn't give a fig about it. Truth be told we are all just speculating until we find out who sold and who bought.

Maybe Prior has had a look, didn't like what he saw and sold up?

Barring any future insolvency event, the current share price looks mighty tempting and I am considering a fairly substantial share purchase. This should not be looked on as a sort term gain as it may take 5 years or so before I would make a decent profit.However !! What if Rangers are back challenging for trophies and competing in Europe in 5 years !! The share price would be a helluva lot higher than 40p. My guess would be more like £2.50 - £3.00. Unfortunately there will be many investors out there with the same idea as me but they will no doubt wait until the shares have bottomed out before investing. Of course I might lose the fucking lot, but hey ho !!

Me and the old man have been buying shares every month since the flotation, just small amounts, and we'll continue to do so, though it's not purely for financial reasons, far more emotional ones.

If it ever rises to £3 or £4 a share, maybe we'll sell some, but that's a long way off. Plus, if we had any money to invest now, we'd buy a load more than the usual since it is low.

I intend on building up a shareholding also in the very near future.

As for the price falling, nothing of great importance has happened in recent weeks other than Mather being appointed permanent CEO.