Tax Tribunal

Blueshoff

Just came across this from that rhat Thomson. Didn't realise that the appeal had started

Well, maybe Shakespeare was a bear as well as a bard. Maybe he too was watching the Rangers Big Tax Case in some time-warp when he talked about human existence dragging on in “its petty pace” and being “full of sound and fury” yet “signifying nothing”.

There has certainly been a lot of sound and fury. The pace has been nothing if not petty. The significance of it all is still far from clear.

Today, 19 July, is the date set in Edinburgh for the next round of what looks like an increasingly attritional contest.

The second tier tax tribunal opens. It’s perhaps a rather recondite avenue of the civil law, but behind all this there is a war going on between two worlds, a war which creeps further up the political agenda with every week that passes, every cut that is imposed by the coalition.

This does not, should not, impinge upon the process of the law one iota, but it does make it easier for HMRC to press their case in the background of this war of the worlds.

19_rangers_r_w.jpg

Simply put, the concept of tax avoidance, the world of the Baxendale-Walkers and all the Rangers suits who took their “loans”, paid no tax, walked away and ensured HMRC would be all over Ibrox like ivy, all of that remains locked in trench warfare with Westminster, HMRC, the public accounts committee and increasingly public opinion, the world which says we are just not having this any longer in the age of austerity.

In short, the tax-avoiding suits walked away from Rangers, the taxman ain’t walking away from them.

This, my friends, is what it’s all about. Any accountant worth their invoice will tell you not to go within a thousand miles of any tax-avoiding trust or benefit schemes, not because they are illegal (though many now are and the Rangers one could yet end up being deemed so) but because if you do, you will never hear the end of the love and attention HMRC are going to give you.

That’s what made Rangers unreliable after years of the Ibrox suits getting second homes in France and all the rest of it from the legal tax-avoidance programme.

And that is why HMRC will not let go, why they have appealed to the second tier tax tribunal and why the whole culture and moral mood of the country makes it more and more conducive for them to do so.

The nuts and bolts are that the trio of judge and sometimes lay figures hears second tier tribunal cases and then, yes, there can be further appeal to the court of appeal after this. The appeal comes on a point of law, that is, the interpretation of a statute principle.

“Nobody has won,” said the erstwhile Rangers owner Sir David Murray, after the first tier tribunal. Never a truer word, Sir D, and it remains so and will do so until such time as this process of attrition is exhausted.

Nothing can seriously happen anymore. One said no the other coild agree with the taxman. Actually it will xome down to opinions and the sole reason thomson writes about us is because the tims and alot of our fans will tap his blog which gives him hits to boost his ego. An extremely poor journalist

Taxation of my salary disgusts me. I am more than happy to pay for any services which I partake of, and to pay for roads, hospitals (to an extent), schools and defence. I do not wish to pay a penny towards immigrants, junkies, layabouts, single mothers, gay rights campaigners, campaigners of any sort, the European Union and all the rest of the insects which feast on my labours.

So frankly, I really don't give a flying fuck about tax avoidance. I am the best judge as to the way my money is spent, not ANYBOBY else. If I wish to give money to charity I will do so, the Government should not be taking money from me to give to anyone else.

Taxation of my salary disgusts me. I am more than happy to pay for any services which I partake of, and to pay for roads, hospitals (to an extent), schools and defence. I do not wish to pay a penny towards immigrants, junkies, layabouts, single mothers, gay rights campaigners, campaigners of any sort, the European Union and all the rest of the insects which feast on my labours.

So frankly, I really don't give a flying fuck about tax avoidance. I am the best judge as to the way my money is spent, not ANYBOBY else. If I wish to give money to charity I will do so, the Government should not be taking money from me to give to anyone else.

U are spot fucking on buddy. As for thomson hes a useless fucking creep who has nowt else to do but talk about us.

His output in relation to us is very biased and totally conforms to that of other such gossip-mongers like the Odious one and English, the Irishman who writes for the Scotsman. They all seem a bit half-hearted at the moment as there is no real new negative news relating to us, as proven by the need to spin Whyte's vacuous claims out for a full two months.

We are winners!

Bigots want us to fail and die.

They are in total desperation. Look at the way they were acting before we were cleared in the BTC. They could hardly contain their piss in anticipation of us being found guilty but oh oh, we were cleared! Most of them disappeared back in to the sectarian undergrowth with their tail between their legs.

Those who are still around are hanging on to the back of the ice cream van realising its now going too fast to let go. The journo's are playing it safe by hinting at HMRC winning so they can say something like 'I told you so' or 'it was inevitable' but at the same time when we are cleared they will tell us that they never said or inferred anything negative towards the club, can we please have the blue pound please?

Never forget who our enemies are and who wanted us to die!

We will continue to go from strength to strength and it makes them sick to the stomach.

I don't see a fucking chance of the appeal overturning the original verdict.

But I'm sure all at kerryfail street will be fapping away at the chance of the appeal ruling in their favour.

Crawl away, you waste of space of a journalist.

Thomson is obsessed with us. I was willing him to get radiation sickness or worse when he visited Japan's nuclear exclusion zone earlier in the week then I remembered cockroaches are virtually immune. doh

I saw that too his reporting style is nauseating he thinks he's so clever but he just sounds like a patronizing git.