Tax Tribunal

Blueshoff

He's havering utter pish about no accountancy firm worth their salt recommending tax avoidance schemes. My company's accountants are a prominent, highly respected and award winning Glasgow firm and they regularly provide details of schemes available while outlining the anticipated reaction from HMRC and how they would deal with that. And they are not the exception but the norm. Lazy journalism again from poncey Alec.

Taxation of my salary disgusts me. I am more than happy to pay for any services which I partake of, and to pay for roads, hospitals (to an extent), schools and defence. I do not wish to pay a penny towards immigrants, junkies, layabouts, single mothers, gay rights campaigners, campaigners of any sort, the European Union and all the rest of the insects which feast on my labours.

So frankly, I really don't give a flying fuck about tax avoidance. I am the best judge as to the way my money is spent, not ANYBOBY else. If I wish to give money to charity I will do so, the Government should not be taking money from me to give to anyone else.

This! How much if our tax paying money is being wasted by this pointless appeal? Fkn sick of pish journalists who try to save their flagging careers by a sick hate filled anti rangers agenda. We are, and always will be the almighty Rangers and we will be proved innocent yet again!

I saw that too his reporting style is nauseating he thinks he's so clever but he just sounds like a patronizing git.

Very true. I have noticed channel 4 is sending him to increasingly dangerous war and disaster zones. He will meet at early demise with a bit of luck.

"Any accountant worth their invoice will tell you not to go within a thousand miles of any tax-avoiding trust or benefit schemes..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - this is genius.

Agreed - This is exactly what top accountants get paid doing, whether as consultants or working directly for the likes of Starbucks, Google etc.

The appeal is only being pursuid to try to get some scabby bastards at HMRC off a high hook. The idea of chasing the old company for the mythical millions is beyond ludicrous. However, when it fails again, we will still want names for the scum who raised the action and forced the Club down the liquidation route. As a small aside, HMRC are pursuing no clubs in England with similar intent, as we keep saying.................only in Scotland!!

Taxation of my salary disgusts me. I am more than happy to pay for any services which I partake of, and to pay for roads, hospitals (to an extent), schools and defence. I do not wish to pay a penny towards immigrants, junkies, layabouts, single mothers, gay rights campaigners, campaigners of any sort, the European Union and all the rest of the insects which feast on my labours.

So frankly, I really don't give a flying fuck about tax avoidance. I am the best judge as to the way my money is spent, not ANYBOBY else. If I wish to give money to charity I will do so, the Government should not be taking money from me to give to anyone else.

I totally agree with you!!!!!!!!!!!!

TAX AVOIDANCE IS LEGAL.

Tax evasion is not.

The appeal is only being pursuid to try to get some scabby bastards at HMRC off a high hook. The idea of chasing the old company for the mythical millions is beyond ludicrous. However, when it fails again, we will still want names for the scum who raised the action and forced the Club down the liquidation route. As a small aside, HMRC are pursuing no clubs in England with similar intent, as we keep saying.................only in Scotland!!

Starbucks, Google, Amazon............ HRMC ignore....... pretty interested in Rangers though.

Why doesn't he highlight Mr Dermott's tax avoidance on the other side of the city.

Nice little 6% in perpetuity interest on a loan paid as a dividend to a company in Gibralter where it is tax free. Saves him around £160k a year in tax on it.

Legal tax avoidance but where is the outcry re all the schools hospitals blah blah blah.

Google Celtic hidden debt and look for the £9m that's appeared on the balance sheet under long term debt.

I would have thought that he'd have been more inclined to look at the tax avoidance schemes at BT and porkheid as Lord Porkhied can be linked to them. When you are named as a secretary for trade and industry with the UK government you would expect people to have a look at what you have been up to in business. Odd how nobody seems to bother that the new secretary for trade and industry with a record like his was named by the PM after months of banging on about curbing tax avoidance isn't it.

From a point of security is it not strange that in the UK two men who have been linked with a team whose fans openly support a terrorist organisation can hold any government linked office? One was even Secretary of State for Defence and then charged with organising the NI peace process. Hardly a way of starting a process without a predefined bias.

Surly such an esteemed investigative journalist like Thompson would find these more worthy of his time that spreading falsehoods about a Scottish football team? Apparently not.

My apologies with regards to this, I really couldn't be arsed even reading the first full article HMRC are going to lose the case again and once again the tax payer will have to foot the bill whereas I feel the senior bods within HMRC should pay for all the legal expenditure from their own pocket.

My apologies with regards to this, I really couldn't be arsed even reading the first full article HMRC are going to lose the case again and once again the tax payer will have to foot the bill whereas I feel the senior bods within HMRC should pay for all the legal expenditure from their own pocket.

Agreed. Yet another waste of time and another waste of taxpayers money.

But he was talking about the tax avoidance and the people who benefited, AFAIK Charlie wasn't involved in any of that. Maybe I read it wrong the cunt writes drivel anyway

Aye but wasn't it well publicized recently that Green had bought a house in the South of France?