Favourite Title Winning Season

Apart from Helicopter Sunday, winning the league at Parkhead and 9 In A Row (too obvious)

Walter Smith's last one in 2010/2011 after I thought we fucked it. I still buzz off their game up at Inverness.

or

The goal difference one against Dunfermline. It was another blow in the baws to them after coming back from Seville and to win it by one goal was satisfying.

Helicopter Sunday. That absolutely broke them, and we won it in a fashion I don't think will ever be surpassed, in terms of sheer drama.

6-1 Dunfermline, 9iar and 08-09 get honourable mentions too.

That Championship Winning Season '86 - '87.

I was a young lad brought up in Rangers supporting Family. I had my first football kit, not the CR Smith one but the one with the pinstripe detail. It had never really been too serious until we came home from Holiday with the VHS tape of the title winning season. Every title is special but for me it was 86-87 that started it off for me and will always be the one I look back on with fondest memories.

I was a young lad brought up in Rangers supporting Family. I had my first football kit, not the CR Smith one but the one with the pinstripe detail. It had never really been too serious until we came home from Holiday with the VHS tape of the title winning season. Every title is special but for me it was 86-87 that started it off for me and will always be the one I look back on with fondest memories.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNXaG-VNY1Y

This was my favourite too. I was physically sick with nerves the day we won at Pittodrie

Every title has it's memory................push to shove would say the year Colin stopped to score a header at Easter Rd ...............perhaps it was because I had an exceptional Friday night and the laugh on getting the Supporters Bus to pick me up and the Saturday night in town.

But that one always brings back good memories as they all do as mentioned above.

Apart from Helicopter Sunday, winning the league at Parkhead and 9 In A Row (too obvious)

Walter Smith's last one in 2010/2011 after I thought we fucked it. I still buzz off their game up at Inverness.

or

The goal difference one against Dunfermline. It was another blow in the baws to them after coming back from Seville and to win it by one goal was satisfying.

can't disagree with those 5 and ure order but I would need to fit souness 1st season

in charge, it was the 1st in 9yrs and very much required for our club.

Mine would have to be the helicopter Sunday season.

Purely for the sheer drama in the last two minutes at fir park and the unexpected ecstasy at Easter road and a pub in Torquay!

What's yours?

If we're talking actual season, and not just the one game, mines has to be our last. I made every game, and there was a few cracking moments along the way, pumping the bheggers at the piggery, being 1-0 down at Tynecastle with 10 minutes to go and winning with an injury time goal. 2-0 down at Pittodrie, the sheep think their doing us, bang 3-2 in the blink of an eye (2 nil up and you fucked it up!) beating the bheggers in the cup final, and then ofcourse 3-0 up after 7 minutes at Rugby Park, so the next 83 minutes were just a party, and the tims were greeting into their scarves at the piggery.

Brilliant!

2004/05 is probably close mind you. winning at the piggery for the first time in 5 years, the famous injury time penalty at Tynecastle (:lol:), beating the bheggers in the cup for the first time in 7 or 8 games whatever it was. The 3-1 game against the sheep, when big Prso scored and slid down in front of us celebrating (one my best away trips) and ofcourse the famous last two minutes of the season. :D

Infact, this is hard. :lol:

I had a great day that day.....drove up with a friend who is no longer with us and as we reached Perth and round the roundabout up that stretch that takes you to the cut off for the road North he missed it and ended up heading towards the Forth Road Bridge.............and then whoosh he does a U turn and over the reservation and suddenly heading north, the shittodrie as full of our fans and had loads of empty seats as we got tickets for our end...................they tried to give us some stick but soon realised they were surrounded........so I lay out and said hey can you wake me up when we are Champions...............they wanted to come and get me but they looked as i said what was next to them.

Alas John who made that journey passed away, but what a day.

NB he didn't pass away at the game btw :thumbup:

It's topics like this that make ne realise how lucky I am. I've seen a right good few for various reasons.

For starters would bea hero of mine at the time Colin Stein scoring at Easter Rd to let me celebrate a first title win that I was aware of. This was followed by Jock Wallace's team which was very underrated at the time.

More recently was Souness' first season after such a barren spell you wondered if Wed ever come back, particularly against a good Aberdeen team bosses by SAF.

Not long after that we had them at Ibrox in the last game of the season when Aberdeen needed only to draw and half the Rangers team were out. I dreaded this game , fearing losing the title in my own backyard. However Mark Hately decided to start playing for Rangers on this day and he never looked back.

Who can forget the near back to back trebles under WS ? Topped off by a magnificent Wednesday night at Tannadice where we clinched 9 in a row ( another exciting night cis we nearly blew it v Motherwell at Ibrox a few nights earlier )

Adcocaat winning the league at the midden - another stand out. Which leads us nicely to what is what dreams are made of - Helcoptet Sunday. A JFK moment if ever there was one ! Throw in last game victories that clinched championships versus United, Dunfermline and Killie and you'll realise what an important part in Rangers history we've witnessed.

And realise - Thank Fuck I'm A Bear.

It's topics like this that make ne realise how lucky I am. I've seen a right good few for various reasons.

For starters would bea hero of mine at the time Colin Stein scoring at Easter Rd to let me celebrate a first title win that I was aware of. This was followed by Jock Wallace's team which was very underrated at the time.

More recently was Souness' first season after such a barren spell you wondered if Wed ever come back, particularly against a good Aberdeen team bosses by SAF.

Not long after that we had them at Ibrox in the last game of the season when Aberdeen needed only to draw and half the Rangers team were out. I dreaded this game , fearing losing the title in my own backyard. However Mark Hately decided to start playing for Rangers on this day and he never looked back.

Who can forget the near back to back trebles under WS ? Topped off by a magnificent Wednesday night at Tannadice where we clinched 9 in a row ( another exciting night cis we nearly blew it v Motherwell at Ibrox a few nights earlier )

Adcocaat winning the league at the midden - another stand out. Which leads us nicely to what is what dreams are made of - Helcoptet Sunday. A JFK moment if ever there was one ! Throw in last game victories that clinched championships versus United, Dunfermline and Killie and you'll realise what an important part in Rangers history we've witnessed.

And realise - Thank Fuck I'm A Bear.

(tu)

Apart from my wee man being born and here with me, Rangers have given me every other greatest memory in my life. Long may it continue.

Kopter Sunday has to be for drama.

For 100% pleasure it was watching us with 0-3 at the phiggery and wee McCann running riot. Watched that game in a pub in Melton Mobray before heading to Harwich to catch the ferry. Arrived to find ferry cancelled, checked into a hotel with a bear-friendly night porter who had the keys to the bar and drank till around 03:00 am......

(tu)

Apart from my wee man being born and here with me, Rangers have given me every other greatest memory in my life. Long may it continue.

Absolutely. I enjoyed the one won at Rugby Park all the more cos I had my two sons with me . I'm sure you'll be doing the same very shortly.

Helicopter Sunday and winning it at Breeze Block Boulevard. Watched both with the other half (big Rangers fan) and some friends. Brilliant days. :rangers:

They will come again!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been thinking about this for so long and I've had 21 different answers. I could make a case for every single one of the Championships I've been privileged to witness and none of the answers would be wrong. I've had a cracking morning just thinking about them all - Colin Stein at Easter Road, Big Jock's 2 trebles, Souness and his first, 6 in a row, 8 in a row, jeez 9 in a row, helicopter Sunday - every single one of them just awesome.

I think the correct answer is - the next one and the next and the next and......

Great post though - doesn't encourage work but - what fantastic memories!

74 - 75 at Easter Road when we won for the first time in 11 years and stopped them winning 10 iar.

86 - 87 at Pitoddrie again after a long period in the football doldrums.

I loved Helicopter Sunday and the others mentioned but when you have experienced such prolonged periods of failure the relief and joy make all the difference. It probably has to be 74 - 75. An enormous weight lifted on that day at Easter Road. If you didn't experience the period before that win you simply won't understand the feeling to which I refer. I expect posters such as Edmiston Drive will know what I mean.

74 - 75 at Easter Road when we won for the first time in 11 years and stopped them winning 10 iar.

I loved Helicopter Sunday and the others mentioned but when you have experienced such prolonged periods of failure the relief and joy make all the difference. It probably has to be 74 - 75. An enormous weight lifted on that day at Easter Road. If you didn't experience the period before that win you simply won't understand the feeling to which I refer. I expect posters such as Edmiston Drive will know what I mean.

I know what you mean. I would say its a different sort of enjoyment.

I was 14 when Colin Stein got us that draw at Easter Rd to win the league in 74. It was our first league championship that I was aware of and had to wait till secondary school to get it - really was a lifetime at that age.

Likewise in the era before 87. Sitting in supporters buses before that , usually only winning 4 or 5 games away from home each season, you sometimes felt you were going nowhere until up popped Souness !

While neither of these had the drama of last day championship wins they were just as special in their own way.

It will be the same feeling we'll get in 3 years time when were back to our rightful place as champions of Scotland.

Spot on Bud (tu)

2008/09 season for me. I was out of town with my girlfriend for a family wedding. I made sure to bring my laptop so I could buy the match on rangerstv.tv and watch it. We were all packed and getting dangerously close to our hotel checkout time and I'm still jumping up and down waiting for the final whistle. I think that's when she realized just how much Rangers meant to me.