best away support

With all the praise Rangers fans have received with their friendlies in Bristol and Sheffield this pre season, where many fans claimed that it was the best support they had ever witnessed at their respective grounds. I was thinking back to when I have witnessed similar support from an away team at ibrox.

Obviously no one has brought similar numbers and the lads from the east are discounted because of their obvious resentment of all thing British but can anyone ever remember being impressed by a travelling support at Ibrox before ?

From a personal point of view I was impressed with the Dortmund fans in the nineties and the numbers Newcastle brought for their friendly, however I have not really witnessed many European nights at ibrox to call for a comparison.

With all the praise Rangers fans have received with their friendlies in Bristol and Sheffield this pre season, where many fans claimed that it was the best support they had ever witnessed at their respective grounds. I was thinking back to when I have witnessed similar support from an away team at ibrox.

Obviously no one has brought similar numbers and the lads from the east are discounted because of their obvious resentment of all thing British but can anyone ever remember being impressed by a travelling support at Ibrox before ?

From a personal point of view I was impressed with the Dortmund fans in the nineties and the numbers Newcastle brought for their friendly, however I have not really witnessed many European nights at ibrox to call for a comparison.

Dortmund, spot on. And Linfield of course.

The worst were easily Man Utd. Tried to sing their shite and we just drowned them out with The Blue sea of Ibrox.

Remember them chanting "who are ya" at Weiss, who then proceeded to absolutely rape Nani down the main stand touch line and leave him feeling molested. Scum.

Bit off topic, but every club, including ourselves, claim to have the greatest fans in the world. I do think the events of the last year has refocused us as a support, making it even more special for us to follow the club, but, and it is only my humble opinion, I reckon Borussia Dortmund have the fan base every club in world football would crave to have. I mentioned this to a good mate who follows Liverpool, and travels to see them, and he thought the same. Must be a pleasure to play for Dortmund.

The European nights have had some noisy supporters,probably the Germans ie Stuttgart stick out,but for sheer entertainment hats off to i think it was Hapoel Tel Aviv,even after going 4-0 down they still bounced about with their tops off,just enjoying the occassion,oh how i yearn for these European nights to return!!!!!