Rangers Fans From an Owl's view

Very nice video and the comments on the whole by Sheffield Wednesday fans have been very positive.

Before the game it was dread of the 'tribal Scots' from 'beyond the wall'.

Now there are many whom say they consider us to have brought the best away support to their ground for decades, which is high-praise indeed and a credit to those fans that represented us with their attendance. 1 or 2 are even saying they consider us to be their 2nd-team now, which is always a fantastic thing to see or hear.

Sadly one or two think the Lee Rigby flag was a point-scorer with them and that our songs are too political for football, but clearly those are the fans that don't understand our history, beliefs or the significance of Rangers games being a forum to share this with the people at large. I stress though that for every misguided Owl or Sour Puss there appears to be a dozen speaking highly of us instead following our visit, something which before the game just wasn't the case at all despite the partial bears in their ranks.

Looks like we've made a friend in Sheffield and hopefully the club will follow this up by inviting them here on a Saturday to give them the chance of taking a tour round our Ibrox and taking in a game in front of 10's-of-thousands of us next pre-season.

Fantastic show by both set's of supporters.

With the home atmosphere they will think they have gone to the wrong Rangers.

Never bitchy am I........but enough is enough about how great we are as fans..................it's about the football.

Ed, I am not disputing that - EVER. How about, if it offends you so much that I acknowledge the fans as much as I do the game, players and bloggers then feel free to bypass anything I post in future so it does not upset you? It might be easier :) Have a very nice day.

Ed, I am not disputing that - EVER. How about, if it offends you so much that I acknowledge the fans as much as I do the game, players and bloggers then feel free to bypass anything I post in future so it does not upset you? It might be easier :) Have a very nice day.

Wow slow down................you take everything personal ...it was not directed at you merely the constant talk about how great the fans are.

Wow slow down................you take everything personal ...it was not directed at you merely the constant talk about how great the fans are.

I am a woman...everything a man says is personal ;) Well the fans are entitled to brag about it in fairness....stop grouching and move on to the threads that are desirable to you then. Is that not the easier solution?

dont want to step on any toes here, but just so you dont mis-interpret this Sweettartangirl, i believe Ed is saying you are fat

I am a woman...everything a man says is personal ;) Well the fans are entitled to brag about it in fairness....stop grouching and move on to the threads that are desirable to you then. Is that not the easier solution?

Every thread is open for opinions my dear :P :D apart from the ones that are closed :D

I know what you mean mate, it's been a constant theme here and it does get repetitive,...however somebodies got to talk about how great our fans are and how well behaved they are in large numbers because as sure as shit-sticks, no big media source will cover that story,..but they and others will tar us all for the indiscretions of a few at other games/events at the first available opportunity!

Well said Bud (tu)

Unfortunately, I couldn't see a video on that link, just a photo of our fans and comments down the side.

Still, the fans done well, as we should and I see no problem in circulating praise from other teams support of how good our fans are, even if I would rather talk about the team more. It is all part of the fabric of being a football fan and one us Rangers fans should take some measure of pride in.

Unfortunately, I couldn't see a video on that link, just a photo of our fans and comments down the side.

Still, the fans done well, as we should and I see no problem in circulating praise from other teams support of how good our fans are, even if I would rather talk about the team more. It is all part of the fabric of being a football fan and one us Rangers fans should take some measure of pride in.

You need to press play on the pic...takes a wee while to load up if you are on a phone :)