A Dinosaur rears his head.

The power and passion on display at Sheffield is the reason why. They are frightened of it. Its the same power and passion which rescued a football club against the odds , which broke world records last season and filled stadium after stadium. To the consternation of many, that power and passion is on the march once again, and it does not intend to stop.

Fantastic

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again for the millionth time no one says you have to like the PUL side of things to be a Rangers fan

What about these people?

I know dozens of English Rangers supporters that are supporters of the club because we are a unionist club loyal to the crown and have loyalist song books

:huh:

So you speak on behalf of THE Rangers support - excellent - now for me the club is enough I don't need any add ons to love and support the club for some that does not seem to be enough

The point people are making is if its enough for you then that's completely fair enough you dont however have to try and demean or question the heritage, beliefs and traditions that others hold dear....being a rangers fan and a loyalist are not in any way mutually exclusive however you seem determined to undermine those who feel or think differently to you....why?

Are you serious?

I'm saying you don't have to in cases of that of BP9 but then if it gets others into supporting us then it should be respected too

I'm amazed you think that's a contradiction

I'll be honest I think your point is getting lost in your crusade against bp9.

The point people are making is if its enough for you then that's completely fair enough you dont however have to try and demean or question the heritage, beliefs and traditions that others hold dear....being a rangers fan and a loyalist are not in any way mutually exclusive however you seem determined to undermine those who feel or think differently to you....why?

... Am I not allowed that opinion ? And is it ok for those that disagree with my beliefs to try to undermine me? I do not note you telling them to respect my views! Oh and while I may debate vigorously, as I have strong views, I don't stoop to either the name calling or vitriolic that is directed at me ( nor am I saft enough to report it) but perhaps in fairness a wee word with them would be equatable!

... Am I not allowed that opinion ? And is it ok for those that disagree with my beliefs to try to undermine me? I do not note you telling them to respect my views! Oh and while I may debate vigorously, as I have strong views, I don't stoop to either the name calling or vitriolic that is directed at me ( nor am I saft enough to report it) but perhaps in fairness a wee word with them would be equatable!

Undermining and demeaning the beliefs and heritage of others is not giving an opinion....nobody is saying you have to support these values or even accept them as an affiliation with our club but what you are being asked is to accept many many rangers fans do support those values and traditions....why do you feel the need to question that or try to belittle that?

D'arts original post was the aknowlegment that all views and opinions are welcome within our support and there is no requirement to support the loyalist values many of us do but being able to accept they do play a big part of our history for many.

Undermining and demeaning the beliefs and heritage of others is not giving an opinion....nobody is saying you have to support these values or even accept them as an affiliation with our club but what you are being asked is to accept many many rangers fans do support those values and traditions....why do you feel the need to question that or try to belittle that?

I question the need to attach politics or religion to supporting Rangers - I question those who dem that is nessessary and worse those who try to say promote those agenda's using the club to do do.

I also believe the club would be stronger - not weaker - if all political and religious associations were to be dropped - I know others disagree and we debate this - so in terms of questioning those who promote or support those values I see no harm on holding and defending that view.

I don't deliberate belittle those opinions ( although believing in a NI presence in the sky is worthy of some disdain) but people on here bottle my beliefs and get down right personal about it but I don't bleat about that - that is third way - but I will defend my beliefs. Now how many of those who have tried to undermine and belittle my beliefs have you tried to pull up? 5,10 , 1 anyone ? Or do you just feel safe having a wee dig at me as I take the minority opinion?

I know dozens of English Rangers supporters that are supporters of the club because we are a unionist club loyal to the crown and have loyalist song books

So if we are to welcome guys like BluePeter9 with no external supplements to support the club, which is fine, can Bp9 say the same about these English Rangers fans who would put a lot of normal Glasgow based Bears to shame when it comes to going to games and levels of support they give ?

I'm not saying they are better fans or more welcome than the next fan but I think it's a valid point

I'm guessing at least 2 people miss the point tho

Can you please address this BluePeter9

Who says I have to embrace all the heritage - their is much of the heritage I admire - our resilience, our depth of history, our sportsmanship , leadership , dignity but I reject, absolutely that I need to define my political or religious views because of the team I support. So yes I would change others out look - in the same way you wish me to embrace PUL I would wish you to divorce your politics and religion from wh you support - oh and I try to do so without the stupid name calling and vitriolic many stoop to

I haven't called you any names mate, nor sought to use any vitriol in my post to you. So I am not sure why you have included that line in your post to me?

Rangers and the support stand for something. They do so because they have inherited it from the generations of supporters who went before them and it is they who have defined who we are.

The heritage was there before you. I suspect it will be there long after you have gone as well.

By supporting Rangers you have embraced or at the least accepted the history and the heritage of the support that is part of it. Even if you don't carry the sentiment in your personal life, you cannot ignore its existence, nor should you dare to undermine the right of those who fully embrace it as a legacy from their seniors.

Divorcing politics or even religion from sport sounds very noble. But whilst we have international football where the teams play under flags and represent political entities, it is a hollow aspiration. The reality is people want it.

Football has always been tribal. My street against your street and so on. Without this need to identify ourselves, there would be no passion.

There is nothing more hypocritical than politicians and social commentators carping at the situation of Rangers and for that matter The Filth over their respective displays of identity and tribal allegiance, and then see the same turning up at sporting events to bask in the publicity of stolen glory, much of it for political reasons.

As for a split on religious reasons as a tribal identity, hell it’s as good as any other.

I really don't care what you seek to gain from watching Rangers, whatever it is it is your right to do so. All I ask is that you afford me and the rest of the support the same respect. As for changing the support and their inherited identity, I suspect you will be howling at the moon, but I have a wee inkling this might be something you have an appetite for.

I haven't called you any names mate, nor sought to use any vitriol in my post to you. So I am not sure why you have included that line in your post to me?

Rangers and the support stand for something. They do so because they have inherited it from the generations of supporters who went before them and it is they who have defined who we are.

The heritage was there before you. I suspect it will be there long after you have gone as well.

By supporting Rangers you have embraced or at the least accepted the history and the heritage of the support that is part of it. Even if you don't carry the sentiment in your personal life, you cannot ignore its existence, nor should you dare to undermine the right of those who fully embrace it as a legacy from their seniors.

Divorcing politics or even religion from sport sounds very noble. But whilst we have international football where the teams play under flags and represent political entities, it is a hollow aspiration. The reality is people want it.

Football has always been tribal. My street against your street and so on. Without this need to identify ourselves, there would be no passion.

There is nothing more hypocritical than politicians and social commentators carping at the situation of Rangers and for that matter The Filth over their respective displays of identity and tribal allegiance, and then see the same turning up at sporting events to bask in the publicity of stolen glory, much of it for political reasons.

As for a split on religious reasons as a tribal identity, hell it’s as good as any other.

I really don't care what you seek to gain from watching Rangers, whatever it is it is your right to do so. All I ask is that you afford me and the rest of the support the same respect. As for changing the support and their inherited identity, I suspect you will be howling at the moon, but I have a wee inkling this might be something you have an appetite for.

Religious beliefs ( broad spectrum) are losing their acceptance and following do that is no basis to carry them on with the long term future of Rangers in mind / Similarily we set the standard for the future and carrying forward political or religious beliefs , based on a support for a football team is not what I want for my kid - an ability to think for them selves ( and support Rangers) rather than blind allegiance is my preference

Religious beliefs ( broad spectrum) are losing their acceptance and following do that is no basis to carry them on with the long term future of Rangers in mind / Similarily we set the standard for the future and carrying forward political or religious beliefs , based on a support for a football team is not what I want for my kid - an ability to think for them selves ( and support Rangers) rather than blind allegiance is my preference

The good thing is that our Heritage and Culture will go on, even if you disagree. It has been passed down through generations, and that will continue to be the case.