A Dinosaur rears his head.

D'Artagnan

I am a bit undecided about this issue as on the one hand I love the Loyalist/Unionist stance of the Rangers support as it gives you something to hang on to, something to be genuinely proud of that Rangers are just that little bit different from most other big clubs. For example, I love the colour and spectacle of an orange walk - it's awe inspiring on the eye and Heavenly on the ear. The militaristic beat of the soul soaring music makes you glad to be alive.

On the other hand, I have a lot of Celtic supporting friends whom I trust and respect and the words and meanings of the some of the song hit a little too close to home for comfort. In my teenage years I sung the whole songbook but now that I've mellowed and seen a little bit of the world I simply can't feel good about signing some of these songs.

I don't know, I'm probably regarded as a 'handwringer' in here but what I will say is I've been following Rangers for nearly a quarter of a century, a lot of the time despite some reservations about our PUL image, but I'm still here and still proud to be a bear. I'm not sure how I fit into the the OP's idea of how one should act as a Rangers fan but I know that I'll be here regardless.

By the way, I'm a bit drunk and not sure if I'm making any sense but I hope I got my point across properly.

Im not asking anyone to fit into any idea TWB - certainly not of mine - I think the OP highlights that I appreciate there are Bears with various views and beliefs.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a bit undecided about this issue as on the one hand I love the Loyalist/Unionist stance of the Rangers support as it gives you something to hang on to, something to be genuinely proud of that Rangers are just that little bit different from most other big clubs. For example, I love the colour and spectacle of an orange walk - it's awe inspiring on the eye and Heavenly on the ear. The militaristic beat of the soul soaring music makes you glad to be alive.

On the other hand, I have a lot of Celtic supporting friends whom I trust and respect and the words and meanings of the some of the song hit a little too close to home for comfort. In my teenage years I sung the whole songbook but now that I've mellowed and seen a little bit of the world I simply can't feel good about signing some of these songs.

I don't know, I'm probably regarded as a 'handwringer' in here but what I will say is I've been following Rangers for nearly a quarter of a century, a lot of the time despite some reservations about our PUL image, but I'm still here and still proud to be a bear. I'm not sure how I fit into the the OP's idea of how one should act as a Rangers fan but I know that I'll be here regardless.

By the way, I'm a bit drunk and not sure if I'm making any sense but I hope I got my point across properly.

Do they award you the same courtesy as they sing in support of Ethnic Cleansing of your fellow countrymen?

Out of curiosity which songs do you think they don't like? Are your mates fenians or Celtic fans?

Im not asking anyone to fit into any idea TWB - certainly not of mine - I think the OP highlights that I appreciate there are Bears with various views and beliefs.

I know you're not, I was just pondering how I would fit into it.

Yes there are Bears with various views, I myself have various and contradictory views on this matter which seem to change daily. No matter, my support of this club remains as constant as anyone else's.

I know you're not, I was just pondering how I would fit into it.

Yes there are Bears with various views, I myself have various and contradictory views on this matter which seem to change daily. No matter, my support of this club remains as constant as anyone else's.

The Indecisive Loyal

Excellent post D'Art. Especially the point highlighting the fine balance of promoting our heritage.

We must always be pro Protestant, Unionist and not anti anything.

Let the rhats wallow in their own bile. If they see fit to glorify a recently murdered serviceman as part of their songbook then so be it.

We must never, ever be dragged down to that level.

Makes you wonder why football fans in Sheffield appreciated our songbook yet Hearts fans here don't - but hey ho.

As Dart says .People like you definitely don't matter .Its just a real pity we have insignificant little people like you claiming to follow our club .

I May be little but what I lack in height I make up in width! ... And no don't 'claim' to follow the club - I actively follow the club!

Is that the best you've got ?

I've got plenty more but in truth, you're not worth it.

Never met anyone like you at the football and certainly not down at Sheffield anyway.

I'm happy for Rangers to have a broad church, people from different backgrounds, you just can't tolerate the Loyalist element though can you?

Sad, pathetic man.

Always a pleasure to read D'Arts thoughts! I love being a loyalist British protestant Rangers supporter! Always have been from when I was a wee lassie and made to kiss king Billy's horse's arse in the picture in my grandpa's hall and sing the Sash for two bob! GSOQ

Not all of them, just some. I can't help it if I'm so popular.

You can, just spout to them some of the shite you do on here and they will soon drift away.

The Rangers supporting ones will anyway, the rest might think they might still get there hole with you.

Merely jesting bye the way

As usual D'Art spot on, in particular this -

Remarkable how an audience how are not motivated by a hatred of the things many of us cherish, can be so complimentary rather than derogatory. It makes one wonder where the problem really lies ?

Another great article, thanks Dude.