What are you expecting from this season?

If you look at our stats from Division 3, how much do you think we will improve this season?

SFL 3 Stats

P36 W25 D8 L3 GF87 GA29 GD+58 Pts83

We won the league by 24 points with about a month of the season left. We had the best attack but conceded one more goal than 2nd placed Peterhead.

So what do you expect from the League One campaign? We have better players than last season and going by pre season we seem to be playing better football despite the lack of goals. I think we should be looking to win 30+ league games and reach 100 goals as well. Defensively we look better so I would be surprised if we conceded more than 29.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly think if we can get another decent centre back and a right winger with a decent bit of pace and a bit of skill, we will win every league game, or at least avoid defeat.

I expect at least one Hampden appearance. I DEMAND we win the league and the Rampsdens Cup, anything less is not acceptable.

I think setting points totals and goals etc is a bit fanciful and basically insulting towards the other teams. Yes, we are expected to win the league and win it well and that's enough for me. By 15 points or 35 points it doesn't really matter.

I think what most people expect is an improvement from last season in the style of our play, the cohesion of the players on the pitch and basically an all round more exciting brand of football back at Ibrox. While I personally do agree we should be expecting a better cup run than last season I'll temper my expectations for now and hopefully when we do start knocking out 'Premiership' teams left and right I'll be able to enjoy it even more.

I think setting points totals and goals etc is a bit fanciful and basically insulting towards the other teams. Yes, we are expected to win the league and win it well and that's enough for me. By 15 points or 35 points it doesn't really matter.

I think what most people expect is an improvement from last season in the style of our play, the cohesion of the players on the pitch and basically an all round more exciting brand of football back at Ibrox. While I personally do agree we should be expecting a better cup run than last season I'll temper my expectations for now and hopefully when we do start knocking out 'Premiership' teams left and right I'll be able to enjoy it even more.

Why aim so low?

In a roundabout way you could argue that better football and more consistent performances should lead to the high points total and goals. Agree about the cup run, but we should not be getting beat convincingly by SPL teams like we did last season.

Why aim so low?

I didn't think I was. :huh:

To me this is isn't the beginning of the end of our revival, it's the beginning of Stage 2 and a level of perception is still needed. As far as the Challenge cup goes I do really want to win it once to give us the clean sweep of trophies in Scotland but whether that is this year or next I don't really mind. An improvement in our play with a view on our future progression as a side and a better cup run than last season will suit me fine this season.

In a roundabout way you could argue that better football and more consistent performances should lead to the high points total and goals. Agree about the cup run, but we should not be getting beat convincingly by SPL teams like we did last season.

Ah yes, but what was that old chestnut that got spouted a lot last season. "I wouldn't mind dropping points as long as we played a better, more attacking brand of football", or something along those lines. Still asking us to pick points margins and goal totals before a ball is kicked is slightly disrespectful to the other teams.

Also, I don't see us getting a doing off any team this season. Ally has added a good core of experience and strength to the team and hopefully with the youngsters natural progression and some of those who struggled in their first season at Rangers having a better understanding of the expectations on them at a club our size, I think we'll be a lot more resolute than the somewhat flimsy displays we offered up at certain points last season.

I didn't think I was. :huh:

To me this is isn't the beginning of the end of our revival, it's the beginning of Stage 2 and a level of perception is still needed. As far as the Challenge cup goes I do really want to win it once to give us the clean sweep of trophies in Scotland but whether that is this year or next I don't really mind. An improvement in our play with a view of our future progression as a side and a better cup run than last season will suit me fine this season.

I think the level of perception is relevant when we've bought the players in we have, almost 35 thousand season book holders, training ground, Coaching staff, second biggest wage bill in Scotland etc

We deserve better and I actually think we will get it this season

I still have reservations about Ally as a manager but he's making the right noises as if he's learned from his mistakes previous seasons so its a big season for me not just some small improvements for stage 2 etc

I think the level of perception is relevant when we've bought the players in we have, almost 35 thousand season book holders, training ground, Coaching staff, second biggest wage bill in Scotland etc

We deserve better and I actually think we will get it this season

I still have reservations about Ally as a manager but he's making the right noises as if he's learned from his mistakes previous seasons so its a big season for me not just some small improvements for stage 2 etc

It's all we can ask of a human being, learn from your mistakes.

Also I said nothing about small improvements. You obviously watched us last season. If we play a more fluid and attacking style of play this season than that's a pretty big improvement. ;)

1. Win the league playing good open football
  2. Reach the final of the league cup and/or the Scottish cup - hopefully win one.
  3. Let the youngsters compete for the 'fish and chip' cup
  4. Daly to be the player of the year :D
  5. Hearts liquidated
  6. SPFL suffer an insolvency event.

I expect the usual suspects to come on here cracking up the first time we draw. To scream things like "Ally is never a manager" and "he is training the talent out of the youngsters" and of course "when will he stop keeping everyone back for corners?" :pipe:

We shouldn't be drawing against some of the dross we will play though

If we don't get off to a flier serious questions will be asked and rightly so