Rangers and Craig Mather Statement on HMFC Admin's Lack Of Fine

Senna

A spark from a volcano perhaps? I hope so. I welcome the message. However the welcome is muted because confining this to asking for clarification - whilst doubtless correct to an extent and certainly restrained - lacks the impression of a voice of strength. Bolstering it by adding some urgency might have helped the tone and impact. For example, "The Club and its Supporters require an immediate explanation of the decision and clarification as to how the decision was reached. Specifically Rangers and its Supporters require a statement explaining why the actions taken against Rangers were different to those applied to Hearts and Dunfermline."

I also believe it would have been more powerful if the statement had said "The Rangers Board and Rangers Supporters are entitled to conclude that there is one rule for our club and another for everyone else". That would, in my view, have demonstrated more acutely that the Board and Supporters stand shoulder to shoulder.

And for Mr Mather - lets see what the voice he so recently spoke of amounts to. Does he, I wonder, have the skill to apply the advantages of a cloak and dagger man? Wearing the cloak for his masters on the Board and for Supporters by saying the right things and preserving the verbal dagger for the executives at the SFPL and SFA?

ps - I think a Charles Green statement would have been more blistering and to the point. I'm sure the authorities will be breathing a sigh of relief that the most they appear to be required to do is to provide some 'clarification'. If the 'clarification' is not sufficient for the Rangers Board or Supporters - and I mean both - then the spark of the volcano may need to be increase so that the authorities are bathed in the warm embrace of true wrath from Rangers.

this

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome the statement, there is no need for the Club to rant or play to the galley over this, the hope is if the answers aren't deemed satisfactory, then action will be taken in the way of compensation at least.

If it can be shown that they also took the action against us because they needed the money to survive, hope they are hung out to dry.

Reformation Bear.. excellent post. But this is just round 1. I think we would all have wanted a more aggressive stance... but let's see what happens now? Many were suggesting that there would be no statement at all.

Some of you are trully deluded....the idea that the club should come out with some kind of aggressive statement just shows how clueless some of you are....take a step back and think about what that would achieve! I have said it countless times but there is so much more going on behind the scenes than any of us give the club credit for yet some are just set on negative hysteria no matter what! We are a professional institution and have to be ran that way and communicate that way....accept that or not but that's the reality....

Some of you are trully deluded....the idea that the club should come out with some kind of aggressive statement just shows how clueless some of you are....take a step back and think about what that would achieve! I have said it countless times but there is so much more going on behind the scenes than any of us give the club credit for yet some are just set on negative hysteria no matter what! We are a professional institution and have to be ran that way and communicate that way....accept that or not but that's the reality....

Could have done without the "asking for clarification" part tbh

:anguish:

Could have done without the "asking for clarification" part tbh

:anguish:

Think about it from a professional perspective...."asking for clarification" is them saying they want to know the justifications for hearts and Dunfermline not receiving a financial penalty when we did....it's a pretty delicate situation and coming out all guns blazing would achieve the square root of fuck all except solidifying the negative perception of our club from the outside!

Think about it from a professional perspective...."asking for clarification" is them saying they want to know the justifications for hearts and Dunfermline not receiving a financial penalty when we did....it's a pretty delicate situation and coming out all guns blazing would achieve the square root of fuck all except solidifying the negative perception of our club from the outside!

Totally agree mate. That phrase though :anguish:

Seems like a sensible opening statement, as long as it is just that. We really require RFC to push and probe away at these nonentities without giving them the ammunition to attack us with again. Once we receive clarification from them, we should be picking it apart and utilizing our legal eagles to prove that there was indeed a biased agenda being used against us last year and demanding compensation from the corrupt sods.

How lucky we all are that you are here to continually show us the error of our ways. Especially when we all continually hysterically overreact. We need voice of reason to nanny us through these difficult times.

At least the club are acknowledging that there has been some inequalities in the treatment of all these different clubs.

I've just been listening to the St Johnstone game and that arse of a sheep supporter, Richard Gordon I think has just told us the clarification is that Rangers got more punishment because they purposely did not pay tax.

That's what he said in a totally self satisfying manner.

How lucky we all are that you are here to continually show us the error of our ways. Especially when we all continually hysterically overreact. We need voice of reason to nanny us through these difficult times.

No what you need is to take a step back, count to ten and use what intelligence you have to think before posting!

No what you need is to take a step back, count to ten and use what intelligence you have to think before posting!

no, what I need to do is to post what I think. I dont think its deluded to suggest on a forum that the clubs responce is underwhelming. Your hysterical response to what is a reasonable post suggests its you that needs to step back.