McColl's declaration of war on Green is exactly what I was asking for in the opening post.

It is NOT about throwing more money in, it is about getting the leeches out.

£350k bonus to a CEO for winning Scotland's bottom league FFS!

The institutional investors and other non-Green cronies have the power to oust the opportunists at the general meeting and Green knows he will have no more say than any other shareholder after that meeting.

That is why he is looking to cash in now.

I predict that his demands will drop the closer we get to the meeting.

You put in £5.5m for 100% and then demand £14m for 28% a year later? GTF, Green.

Guys like McColl may well put more money into the club in the future (although that is NOT the priority right now) but they will not do so while that money is either lining Green/Stockbridge/Mather's pockets or getting pissed up against a wall.

McColl's statement is one of the most important moments in this whole saga - Walter Smith is 100% behind McColl and so am I.

spot on , yet we have folk thinking its all just a plan for getting dingwall a blazer, its unbelievable, get green out .

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the criticism McColl is getting for not "putting his hand in his pocket" and buying Green out is unfair. McColl has made it clear that this isn't his intention. He has stated that he has existing business commitments and can't drop them commit to the club. And what he says in his statement is right, the shareholders own the club, not Charles Green. Why would he shell out £14 million to remove Green & Co and replace them with Murray and Blin, when that can be done without lining Green's pockets. McColl is a significant voice in Scottish business, and he is speaking out in favour of the club and trying to force a more stable boardroom. I, for one, appreciate what he trying to do for the club.