Scroooge McColl attacks Charlie, rheb interview.

bawsburst

So youll lend credence to McColl but not to folk with visibility despite them allegedly being on different sides?

Perhaps if the malcontents stated what they were unhappy about, specifically , and offer insight into how they would resolve it Id be less cynical. No I wouldnt to be honest after all Murray was a director who sat on his hands as the ship hit the rock, sat on his hands as it shipped water, hollered abuse as he floated away on his life boat, bitched at the relaunch, and written bad Trip Advisor reports on every voyage, but never got on board.

You are currently happy to trust them with our club regardless of the murmurings, I'm not. It's quite simple to be honest. If you want to dress that up as trusting someone over the someone else then fair enough.

I see it is being unwilling to take the chance without some proof to the contrary.

You see it from the point of view that you want to see proof from the "malcontents".

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone still backing Green is a moron.

That's the problem mate folk on talking about things they have no clue about who have never invested in shares in there life so are easily led by green. If you have any financial background its not hard to see what is being said by McColl. Its time for green and his crew to ship out. Folk that say he's invested money are truly misguided he has made money and still stands to make more.

are truly misguided he has made money and still stands to make more.

DUH no shit Sherlock - isn't that the raison d'etre behind most investments.

Green is not looking at the current value of the club but the potential value in two or three years. He has set out what HE believes to be a reasonable price.

The challenge to would be investors is put up OR shut up. Second time this challenge has been issued.

Great to to see the financial experts in full flow with their two bob and a bank account, either that or Jesuit malcontents. Either way, very judgemental and dictatorial. Too much sookin mccock methinks. Is that you jim?

So what's your take on it then since u don't take other opinions? Just cause someone says they have put there own money in and another hasn't means u believe him no questions? And why is there still no accounts is it because once out its game over.

Green is not looking at the current value of the club but the potential value in two or three years. He has set out what HE believes to be a reasonable price.

The challenge to would be investors is put up OR shut up. Second time this challenge has been issued.

but as article said there is no need to give him any more money. He will not get on the board if there is an egm and the rest of his mates will be off it too. Why invest cash when no need to? The investors are the ones that want him out. Why would they want him out?

And he clearly said he was in it to make money which is fine but what I want is the club to be left in a good state when he leaves which is not happening. But again nothing can be said against green on here u have known him a year and he's Mr trustworthy.

So basically McColl/Murray are insinuating that Rangers are heading for insolvency event in one sentence. Then in the next it's they wont invest any new money in the club???

So only 2 conclusions here.

1. They are being economical with the truth.

2. They are going to pay millions for the shares only to find out a few months down the line we go into administration. (aye Right).

It's not put up or shut up.

McColl will gain enough support amongst shareholders to make the changes at EGM.

but as article said there is no need to give him any more money. He will not get on the board if there is an egm and the rest of his mates will be off it too. Why invest cash when no need to? The investors are the ones that want him out. Why would they want him out?

And he clearly said he was in it to make money which is fine but what I want is the club to be left in a good state when he leaves which is not happening. But again nothing can be said against green on here u have known him a year and he's Mr trustworthy.

Plenty have highlighted his faults but recognise what he has acchieved in that year. The club has two new assets in the Albion and Edmiston House as a starter, the work he did to get a licence under duress and the fact he engaged with fans and investors should all be recognised. If it was all about money (you being a financial whizz kid compared to us!!!) why did he rush into the IPO when, he and others, were aware that more could have been taken with a delay?

Its quite clear what McColl is saying and that is that he wants a say without any increase in investment. Its a regurgitation of what he said last June. That being the case why did he wait all this time to pipe up again (surely nothing to do with 34000 season ticket sales)? No one is totally trustworthy but CG was prepared to stand up and get his hands dirty when McColl couldn't be arsed.

McColl said: “People may well say, ‘Hold on you’re Jim McColl. Why don’t you just hand over £14m and buy the club from him?’ Obviously I find that frustrating because it’s just not as simple as that.

Oh but it is.

How many shares does McColl and his group actually own??

Green represents a group which holds 28% of shares.

It'll be McColls job to get as many of the other 72% singing from the same hymn sheet as him. The fact that he's gone public, coupled with Smiths resignation suggests he's fairly far down the road of doing this.

So basically McColl/Murray are insinuating that Rangers are heading for insolvency event in one sentence. Then in the next it's they wont invest any new money in the club???

So only 2 conclusions here.

1. They are being economical with the truth.

2. They are going to pay millions for the shares only to find out a few months down the line we go into administration. (aye Right).

Trying to panic the masses into supporting them. How so transparent.

Green represents a group which holds 28% of shares.

It'll be McColls job to get as many of the other 72% singing from the same hymn sheet as him. The fact that he's gone public, coupled with Smiths resignation suggests he's fairly far down the road of doing this.

He had little choice to go public I'm sure he wouldn't want to. So you've gone from the confident:

'McColl will gain enough support amongst shareholders to make the changes at EGM.'

to just the suggestion that he's 'fairly far down the road'. The fact is that CG needs just 23% to come onside and, remember that the announcent of the requisition was prior to CG coming back as a consultant. Do you know that that hasn't turned the tide away from McColl?

Walter was in an untenable position and his resignation may have been to try and sway investors back to McColl. There are always two ways of looking at these things and we all know how well it went last time Walter backed this group.

Taking out any feelings people have for Green one way or the other. Why does anyone think that Green deserves to be given an inflated price for his shares to leave?

All this move is doing is asking for the club to be run properly. This is exactly what fans wanted to be able to do after what happened with SDM. They wanted those running the club to be held accountable. That is what is happening with this move.

Personally I don't think the price is over inflated.

It roughly equates to a debt free Rangers being worth a total of about 50 million.

I think that valuation is pretty close.

42 days left for Imran's puppets then. I'm happy with that, as long as they don't bleed us completely dry in that time.

Speaking to the daily record, he knows how to connect with our fans :rolleyes:

An admin who has a completely differing opinion to at least 2 of the mods, and speak about it openly, that seems exactly like a site that has an agenda ( like has been accused of RM recently)

He had little choice to go public I'm sure he wouldn't want to. So you've gone from the confident:

'McColl will gain enough support amongst shareholders to make the changes at EGM.'

to just the suggestion that he's 'fairly far down the road'. The fact is that CG needs just 23% to come onside and, remember that the announcent of the requisition was prior to CG coming back as a consultant. Do you know that that hasn't turned the tide away from McColl?

Walter was in an untenable position and his resignation may have been to try and sway investors back to McColl. There are always two ways of looking at these things and we all know how well it went last time Walter backed this group.

I'll make it very clear. The EGM will vote to remove those connected to Greens consortium.

An admin who has a completely differing opinion to at least 2 of the mods, and speak about it openly, that seems exactly like a site that has an agenda ( like has been accused of RM recently)

I thought you were all robots? Must be a software glitch! :craphead:

Can anyone tell me why Green and co should walk away for nothing?

They collectively own 28% of Rangers, Surely they are entitled to ask a price they seem is fair.

They came in when the club was at it's lowest ebb, put their money where cgs mouth was, and done all the dirty work.

IMO they deserve as much as they can get from anyone who wants to takeover and move them on.

Can anyone tell me why Green and co should walk away for nothing?

They collectively own 28% of Rangers, Surely they are entitled to ask a price they seem is fair.

They came in when the club was at it's lowest ebb, put their money where cgs mouth was, and done all the dirty work.

IMO they deserve as much as they can get from anyone who wants to takeover and move them on.

(tu)