Live update from meeting

1st_Jan_1994

Did they get an answer?

Yeah think I mentioned it at the start ... at first he only agreed to the job on an interim basis so that the club could do just that and I think Smith and the rest of the board thought he was doing a good job and gave him it.

Which I don't have a problem with. I think the salary is a bit excessive and the bonus at the end of the season is disgusting but that's not a slant on Mather ..... he could always refuse it, though?

Is Mather in bonuses as well? I never actually knew that, I thought he was a 300k flat fee?

I'm sure I read he was onto one for winning this league. I might be mistaken, but they aren't exactly shy at giving themselves bonuses for winning pub leagues. I doubt it's a flat fee. Green was pulling £5k+, per month in expenses when he was CEO.

That was actually raised why wasn't the position properly advertised to get a CEO in that would represent maximum value for money.

Thought it was interesting that he said they had interviews from people for the job yet it's not something I had ever heard or read about.

Thought it was interesting that he said they had interviews from people for the job yet it's not something I had ever heard or read about.

Yeah but I don't think we would be overwhelmed either way, would be the usual London based guys you'd never heard of ....

Saying that, I'd never heard of Mather until he invested a million under Whyte so can't judge them all like that

I'm sure I read he was onto one for winning this league. I might be mistaken, but they aren't exactly shy at giving themselves bonuses for winning pub leagues. I doubt it's a flat fee. Green was pulling £5k+, per month in expenses when he was CEO.

Was it not £1600 in living allowance and food .... he worked for a while without an actual wage to be fair

It's absolutely disgusting that huge bonuses are on offer to ANY of the staff. They want to reward people what about spreading a 100k bonus throughout the ticket office, photographers, tea wummin etc. the people who really help make the club what it is.

If you're on 300k a year which is over 22k a month do you really need a 100% bonus?

Yeah but I don't think we would be overwhelmed either way, would be the usual London based guys you'd never heard of ....

Saying that, I'd never heard of Mather until he invested a million under Whyte so can't judge them all like that

Was Mather screwed over by whyte?

Was it not £1600 in living allowance and food .... he worked for a while without an actual wage to be fair

Possibly mate. I guessed at 5k for dramatic effect. I don't buy this working for free shite he spouted.

Was Mather screwed over by whyte?

No sure tbh ... I must admit I remember thinking when Mather was awarded the interim role "he's part of Whyte's team" ... but I don't think they were close, it might have just happened he invested the time Whyte was here.

No sure tbh ... I must admit I remember thinking when Mather was awarded the interim role "he's part of Whyte's team" ... but I don't think they were close, it might have just happened he invested the time Whyte was here.

Lets face it mate whyte probably cost a lot of decent people money as well. Mather may or may not be decent but whyte screwed over people's pensions etc. horrible bastard

To take a bonus for a league that's in the bag before a ball is kicked is taking the fucking piss. I fucking despair :(

It's a wage, not a bonus. I suspect the reasons they hide it as a bonus, are for subtle tax reasons, and to make it look like they actually earned it for winning something. They really must think we all zip up the back.

It's a wage, not a bonus. I suspect the reasons they hide it as a bonus, are for subtle tax reasons, and to make it look like they actually earned it for winning something. They really must think we all zip up the back.

Think you might be right.

I'm sure my Dad with his engineering company, when working in certain countries he wouldn't take a wage but as company owner and shareholder, just award himself some sort of dividend/windfall twice a year and paid a lot less tax on it than he would a actual wage

Loads of ways around this stuff

To take a bonus for a league that's in the bag before a ball is kicked is taking the fucking piss. I fucking despair :(

It really is disgusting. Doubling your wage on a sure thing.

Even worse when the bonus isn't related to the job you do at the club. £200k bonus for us winning the league to the finance guy. What a riot.

Lets face it mate whyte probably cost a lot of decent people money as well. Mather may or may not be decent but whyte screwed over people's pensions etc. horrible bastard

I remember someone on here saying they seen him in London n shat out giving him a dig, whyte wouldn't walk past me without getn to taste my shoe polish in the morning while using his feet to brush his fucking teet!