***Official England Vs Scotland thread*** Weds 8pm - STV

Scotland did alright tonight.

However, Scottish football is nowhere near out the mire yet. A narrow preseason defeat to England (when the hosts were taking it a lot less serious than ourselves) doesn't change that.

On the right road, maybe, but we are still not producing quality.

The real worry is not these players its the younger players who got beat 6-0 as they are meant to be our future.

I thought we did welll tonight with a limited team against a team with more resources.

Scotland did alright tonight.

However, Scottish football is nowhere near out the mire yet. A narrow preseason defeat to England (when the hosts were taking it a lot less serious than ourselves) doesn't change that.

On the right road, maybe, but we are still not producing quality.

Behave yersel'.

For a country that doesn't take the rivalry seriously anymore, they are certainly still milking the fuck out of it on the radio.

Most of the post I do agree with... And I think Strachan is the man for the job.

Billy Stark should be nowhere near any international job. Get John Collins in for the U21's. Levein should have been given the U21's rather than the full team at the time. He was a step backwards as the Scotland job was just far too big for him.

After the dust has settled... I am quite happy that Strachan played what was quite an attacking formation. And before anyone cries "4-5-1?" you cannot tell me that Snodgrass and Maloney are anything but attack-minded. Ir was essentially a 4-3-3.

He also has told them to try and keep hold of the ball. At the end of the day my fears that England would outjump the smaller Scots team proved correct. Two set-pieces proved to be our downfall. And having a player off the pitch at Walcott's goal didn't help... Neither did Whittaker right enough!

It was a great game, a great spectacle (and a great goal by Miller) and it was played in the proper spirit. The Scottish fans deserve great credit for playing their part.

I'm not reading too much into the performance, as it was a a bit of one way derby. The English weren't viewing this friendly game anywhere near as seriously as the Scots were. Keep putting in decent performances for 12mths, and maybe we can think we're turning the corner, there are signs we might be, but could just as easily be a false dawn.

It's still too early to be talking about turning the corner but a great result in Croatia followed by a strong showing against England is a decent platform to start building on.

If the SFA have any sense they will arrange friendlies against teams who Scotland should beat for the next year or so because I think this team now needs a few wins under its belt to start really building confidence again and glamour friendlies against top 15 ranked nations isn't going to do that right now.

It was a good game we did well. Wasn't much between the teams and I don't hold out much hope for England at the world cup! Rooney looked well off the pace as well wonder whats going on with him!!

It was a great game, we actually gave your lot a game which was pleasantly surprising, I fully expected a tanking last night.