Imran hits back via Bill McMurdo

Imran Hits Back

Posted on August 13, 2013by billmcmurdo

I spoke to Imran Ahmad about the story he is suing Rangers for £3.4 million.

He confirmed the story is true that the club owes him money and he is regrettably taking this action.

However, he has vowed that, whether the matter goes to court or whether there is an out of court settlement, he will plough whatever he gets back into the club.

Imran explained to me it was a matter of principle and that he is still committed to seeing the club do well.

His claims are based on a 5% commission he is due for profits on deals he brokered as Commercial Director.

I have received a breakdown on these deals and they stack up to a staggering £67 million which will benefit Rangers.

The real question about Imran Ahmad’s forced departure from Rangers should be:

Why was a man responsible for bringing millions into the club in a short period of time sent packing and who benefits from this money machine’s removal?

I am not saying Imran is a saint but I could put up with a lot from somebody who is working the Midas Touch on behalf of the team I love.

Here is a statement from Imran regarding both the commission due him and the Rangers Media incident, which I am reliably told is a possible breach of the Data Protection Act:

“Its true the club does owe me money.

In my view the full £3.4m is only due because of the way Chris Graham and Malcolm Murray leaked a story about me without any investigation or proof. I believe they continue to leak confidential club information such as this to the press in a misguided attempt to wage a propaganda campaign to win the forthcoming EGM. As far as EGM is concerned it does not matter what they say as I know we have more shares than them. I think this says more about the so called Rangers Men than me as the leaks are directly from their camp and everyone knows they’re very close to Keith Jackson and the Daily Record. If the real Rangers Men want control of Ibrox the morally correct thing to do is buy a controlling stake in the market. Not try to continually seize control without investing a penny.

Charles Green has agreed to tell the truth if it goes to court i.e. I am due 5% bonus on all the commercial deals I negotiated on behalf of the club. I am hardly going to turn my back on a bonus which is due to me when I’ve directly negotiated £67m worth of contracts which benefit the club over the next 5-10 years.

Neither myself or Charles have ever wanted this to go to court as we are substantial shareholders and in fact Charles had already brokered a deal with the club for a fraction of the full liability but the club has not signed up to it. I had also offered to reinvest all my bonus proceeds plus an additional extra £500k of my own money back into the club. At least this shows how much I’ve contributed to the club and the fact that I am prepared to put more cash into the club.”

Ahmad reiterated to me that he wants to buy more shares in Rangers and is determined to defeat the smear campaign being conducted against him.

People keep asking me why I support Charles Green and Imran Ahmad in the Civil War being waged at the club.

My answer is always the same.

I support The Rangers,

However, I think people who bring such sums of money into the club deserve support for that.

And, as I said earlier, who would benefit from removing these people and conducting a media smear campaign against them almost unparalleled in this day and age?

Why would anyone who purportedly loves Rangers have an issue with the club prospering?

Or seek to vilify and remove those who were making it happen?

Dingwall, Graham and the 2 Murray's are a fucking shambles! Running to the Rhebel Rag to try and force their way into our club is stinking! Get these chancers to fuck!

I don't disagree re using the media for their own devices but is imran Ahmed doing his talking via bill mcmurdo any better?

Unfortunately they are all as bad as one another....I actually think there is some legitimacy in what Ahmed says re the money these individuals have actually invested to this point but both groups are using the media to push their own agendas and its us the fans who suffer!

Im glad I stopped reading the blogs several months ago when I realised some of them were spouting propaganda for surely some reward and others were giving their own opinion but portraying it as fact. Seems things haven't changed since then.

No way this idiot McMurdo is a Rangers fan. He looks a total idiot supporting these crooks Green and Ahmed. Anyone who supports these two are fucking idiots. I am not saying McColl or King is the answer but I do know Green and his pals are crooks like Whyte who will cripple Rangers.

I dont think I emphasised the word idiot enough :7325:

£69 million in deals? We must be ok for money after all. What the fuck is going on man. It's breaking my heart all this stuff. I can't seperate the truth from the lies anymore.

If he wants to plough it back into the club why take it in the first place, Am I missing something here?

It's affecting my everyday life, snapping at people, pissed off constantly, someone please tell me all this circus shit will end soon.

Bill mcmurdo is a self promoting tosser by the way.

firstly, don't you think its crazy that someone has agreed to pay this guy a stupid amount of commission on "deals" that would have been done anyway? especially given the financial state of the club and Scottish football! Jesus, how stupid are you Bill?

Secondly, the only people I have trust and respect for in this mess is Ally and Walter and they have made their thoughts on this sordid affair very clear. Let's get these people out of our great club and move on!

I'd say this proves my point from the locked CG thread. Chris isn't a neutral observer in this debate any longer, he's an active participant. This is serious stuff. Chris would be well advised to heed Walt White's words to Hank in Breaking Bad: tread lightly.

This is utter garbage.

Ahmad is a fucking snake.

Why would you take 3.4m "in principle" to simply put it back into the club? It is completely illogical.

He's quite simply picked two names who *somewhat* divide opinion and tried to pin the blame on them in the hope of causing further controversy and drumming up some support for his cause.

The only side I have in this debacle is RANGERS but this is utter nonsense and nobody should be sucked in by this.

People keep asking me why I support Charles Green and Imran Ahmad in the Civil War being waged at the club.

My answer is always the same.

I support The Rangers,

You support them because they feed you with info to get your blogs hits.

You have to ask though, if this claim is genuine and these commercial deals are proven to be signed, with the project income, then it makes a mockery of a lot of statements, or do these tie in with Mathers statement about plans layer for the future gathering momentum now?

However this is gonna boil down to a show us the deals now........

Unless they are in the interims under future expectations or something.

But like many would rather get back to the football, till the accounts are digested and explained one way or another, wish they would all stop their pish.

I'd love to believe £69 m of deals were done to the benefit of the club but I don't honestly believe it. I'm sure the upcoming financial report will clear this up so I guess I'll reserve judgment until the fans trawl through those documents and translate it for me.