*****Official Stranraer 0 v 3 Rangers Match Thread*****

1st_Jan_1994

Can I just ask what does everyone see in McCausland? I know he's not had a proper run of games yet but he seems the next "in youth" based on nothing?

He's done as well as can be expected and the other RBs are either unavailable or have barely played like Holiday Daz and Mitchell.

Can I just ask what does everyone see in McCausland? I know he's not had a proper run of games yet but he seems the next "in youth" based on nothing?

He was solid against Albion and he has a physical presence but I think the reality is he is just the best of a bad lot of available players.....would you rather hegarty, perry or faure at right back ahead of him?

He's done as well as can be expected and the other RBs are either unavailable or have barely played like Holiday Daz and Mitchell.

I agree the other right backs aren't upto much even when all fit and available but I still don't see what see in this boy based on what I've seen? average at best, same as Crawford.

He was solid against Albion and he has a physical presence but I think the reality is he is just the best of a bad lot of available players.....would you rather hegarty, perry or faure at right back ahead of him?

No I wouldn't rather that. Mitchell I'd rather play though.

No I wouldn't rather that. Mitchell I'd rather play though.

So would I but it seems for whatever reason (injury?) that despite getting a new deal ally doesn't fancy him.....least said about holiday daz (who can't even get in the reserve team) the better!

So would I but it seems for whatever reason (injury?) that despite getting a new deal ally doesn't fancy him.....least said about holiday daz (who can't even get in the reserve team) the better!

Fair enough but these threads are about the team you'd pick tho that's how I'm curious why McCausland seems to walk into everyone's team .... maybe it's just me I just don't see it?

I agree the other right backs aren't upto much even when all fit and available but I still don't see what see in this boy based on what I've seen? average at best, same as Crawford.

Nobody's saying he's Dani Alves but he's a young RB and is getting his chance which is what we have all cried out for young players to get a chance. Some people are never happy

:P

Nobody's saying he's Dani Alves but he's a young RB and is getting his chance which is what we have all cried out for young players to get a chance. Some people are never happy

:P

No me. I've been consistent saying our youth are mince. McLeod being an exception. Just because they are young doesn't make them worthy.

No me. I've been consistent saying our youth are mince. McLeod being an exception. Just because they are young doesn't make them worthy.

They are good enough foe where we are now and with the transfer embargo we have to mix and match a team until the Goliath of the RB Ricky Foster is available :)

If no I'll start one ... takes away from boardroom battles and Tartan Trannies even if just for a minute :D

Predictions? I think it will be comfortable for us if Law is played as a trialist and Black keeps up the form he shows when playing next to him.

My team would be ;

Gallacher

Mitchell

Cribari (if fit?)

McCulloch (if back from suspension?)

Wallace

Law

Black

McLeod

Templeton (if fit?) if not replace with Shiels and put Little upfront with Clark

Shiels

Clark

What's everyone's plans for it? we're just taking the car .... got a pack of Absolut mini's dropped off the day for the journey ... few beers too ... probs fall out the car pished when a get there :beer1:

Muff wont be happy with this

If Big Lee has to be in the Team it would be as a striker.

An utter liability in midfield and more especially in defence.

He is totally hopeless at centre half yet he is included in most Team picks.

Is this because he's our leader's bestest mate?

I have Jig there as needs must until 1st Sept. thereafter should be clean slate and selection should be form based not reputation.

Naw, but they will be playing against better teams than we will.

I wasn't having a go, I just thought it was funny that we all still have the SPL mentality.

What's wrong with having the SPL mentality? We are a lower league club by default and placement only

Should we just think and act and be a team like East Fife or Arbroath then?

Some people want us to pay wages etc similar to the likes of them...

Then we'd get nowhere

My gripe is not what we pay these players but our ambitions for them

A major cup shouldn't be out of the question neither should being able to play decent football I think that's people's gripes - the value associated with the wages

Then we'd get nowhere

My gripe is not what we pay these players but our ambitions for them

A major cup shouldn't be out of the question neither should being able to play decent football I think that's people's gripes - the value associated with the wages

Pretty sure I seen more than a few say we should be spending less more in line with our current competition, saving money for when we're back in the top division.

I think we should utilise our vast wealth to encourage us back to the top asap, while spending within our means, and agree that this season or next season a final appearance in either Scottish or League cup should be achievable and expected.