*****Official Stranraer 0 v 3 Rangers Match Thread*****

1st_Jan_1994

Pretty sure I seen more than a few say we should be spending less more in line with our current competition, saving money for when we're back in the top division.

I think we should utilise our vast wealth to encourage us back to the top asap, while spending within our means, and agree that this season or next season a final appearance in either Scottish or League cup should be achievable and expected.

Yeah I was just talking about me personally

Pretty sure I seen more than a few say we should be spending less more in line with our current competition, saving money for when we're back in the top division.

I think we should utilise our vast wealth to encourage us back to the top asap, while spending within our means, and agree that this season or next season a final appearance in either Scottish or League cup should be achievable and expected.

You can never expect a cup final run, there are far too many variables.

Agree, but as Rangers fans we are use to success and thus expect it whether cup or league football. Also I think we have to target a cup final by next season as an objective to show the rest of Scottish football we're back.

Agree, but as Rangers fans we are use to success and thus expect it whether cup or league football. Also I think we have to target a cup final by next season as an objective to show the rest of Scottish football we're back.

I think if we win a cup final either this year or next year it will be up there with our greatest ever achievements.

Even bombaybadboy and jimbeamjunior would have to praise Ally.

There's a difference between that and getting pumped out every cup we've entered under McCoist more often than not first couple of rounds - Malmo, Maribor, Falkirk, Dundee United x2, Queen of the South, Inverness, Forfar ....

There's a difference between that and getting pumped out every cup we've entered under McCoist more often than not first couple of rounds - Malmo, Maribor, Falkirk, Dundee United x2, Queen of the South, Inverness, Forfar ....

We were dreadfully unlucky in a couple of those but, yes, our record is poor the last few years.

I remember though that some people were absolutely adamant that McCoist was in charge of cup games when Walter was manager, something which certain people seem to have conveniently forgotten - probably because we won 5 cups in 4 years.

We were dreadfully unlucky in a couple of those but, yes, our record is poor the last few years.

I remember though that some people were absolutely adamant that McCoist was in charge of cup games when Walter was manager, something which certain people seem to have conveniently forgotten - probably because we won 5 cups in 4 years.

Was that not only early rounds? even then you must take into account the replays, extra time and penalties to see off some pretty poor teams. Smith would always take over for finals ....

The gulf in class was there for all to see that St Mirren final with 9 men, never in the game, Smith takes over from McCoist and performs a single show of man management and gets us the win

If no I'll start one ... takes away from boardroom battles and Tartan Trannies even if just for a minute :D

Predictions? I think it will be comfortable for us if Law is played as a trialist and Black keeps up the form he shows when playing next to him.

My team would be ;

Gallacher

Mitchell

Cribari (if fit?)

McCulloch (if back from suspension?)

Wallace

Law

Black

McLeod

Templeton (if fit?) if not replace with Shiels and put Little upfront with Clark

Shiels

Clark

What's everyone's plans for it? we're just taking the car .... got a pack of Absolut mini's dropped off the day for the journey ... few beers too ... probs fall out the car pished when a get there :beer1:

This official match thread doesn't look very official.

Where's the ***......***?

Was that not only early rounds? even then you must take into account the replays, extra time and penalties to see off some pretty poor teams. Smith would always take over for finals ....

The gulf in class was there for all to see that St Mirren final with 9 men, never in the game, Smith takes over from McCoist and performs a single show of man management and gets us the win

I don't think he was, it's just that I remember certain people being absolutely adamant that he was. Even if he was, we almost always managed to stumble our way into the final.

Bell

McAusland Faure McCulloch Wallace

Black

Crawford Macleod Shiels

Little Clark

Give Clark & Bell a chance, then play Daly/Law next friday. Rotate it till we can play them all.

Id go with that, maybe Cribari in defence if fit and Lee up front. Definitely McAusland at right back though.

Same team as last week for me,

Stranraer 1 rangers 3.

I'd be delighted to win all our games this month and then we really kick on when the new guys are in.

I will be honest and say the twice I've seen the "new" squad I've been delighted with them

Same team as last week for me,

Stranraer 1 rangers 3.

I'd be delighted to win all our games this month and then we really kick on when the new guys are in.

I will be honest and say the twice I've seen the "new" squad I've been delighted with them

looking good Ally is building it nicely

Dumbarton are in a higher league than us.

The sons are a no bad wee team now, I went to a few games last year, play some good stuff under Murray ... If only they could plug the gaps in defence.

Hope they stay up in so we play them next year.