Notice of Complaint Issued to Ian Black

Ferdasyn

To those saying that betting against your team and throwing the match are two different things, I would ask why any player would risk it unless he particularly wanted to win the bet? It doesn't strike me as plausible that a player would bet on his team losing, knowing that he would be in very deep shit indeed if anyone found out, and then try as hard as possible to win in that match. You need the reward to outweigh the risk.

I know what you're saying but something like that would be extremely difficult to prove.

Thankfully the outcome will only affect Black. The punishment may be a fine, a suspension or a total ban. Any fine will be for Black to pay himself. If he is suspended then we will not have to pay him. If he is banned he will be off the books entirely. By the time any of this comes into effect we will be able to play all of our summer signings. Frankly Black would not be missed, in my opinion.

As others have said, this goes on in every club. I could share a number of stories about bets i have heard about but i wont.

Having said that, if your caught, your caught. And as I think he is pish, then wont be too sad to see him get the bullet, IF he is guilty. (tu)

Indeed, someone has obviously grassed him up. Some people see an anti-Rangers conspiracy in everything.

It kinda is an anti Rangers conspiracy if someone has grassed him up but I don't think it's quite on a par with title stripping and illegal transfer embargos etc if he's guilty he's been stupid and can't blame anyone but himself so there's no conspiracy there

If someone has shopped him in on purpose because he's a Rangers player then that raises some questions tbh

Did he bet on us to win though or did he bet on Albion to win, them score against them?

He bet that Albion would get a goal kick on the 86 minute.

On he 86 minute he blootered it high into the stands.

No one blinked twice about it, as it was one of his closest efforts all season.

I read it as 3 times between 2006 and July this year which must include one of our games with him as he joined in 2012

If he has bet on Rangers while he was playing, he would have to go, I would say someone obsessed has been sitting on this to let out when it can do maximum damage. Players are fucking stupid.

This covers a 7 year period.

It includes a 3year stint at Inverness & 3 years at Hearts without a mention of this whilst at those clubs.

He's barely been a year with us and now they get all diligent on the matter.

Yet they don't care about others.

Is it possible that the matter was brought to their attention by a third party eager to find dirt on our staff, and they were therefore compelled to act? I don't trust the top brass of Scottish football, but I don't want to jump to conclusions either - frankly neither scenario would surprise me.